User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default are Fi doms prone to paranoia?

I mean in general, well are they? I know Ni doms are but what about Fi doms?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

honestly, I think Fi doms are more prone to anger. it's subtle and deep seated, but I notice it with most of the Fi doms I talk to.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm not paranoid but I can be a bit over-dramatic at times, which can seem like paranoia I suppose.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

^Elfboy, you can't take conclusions just from your (small) group of friends. It's not going to give you any solid idea of the reality.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe the enneagram type is going to influence what happens to Fi dome....if they're prone to paranoia or anger. anger is associated with type 8, right (or GUT types)t? probably paranoia more with type 6 (or BRAIN types)? If you are a beautiful ENFP enneagram 7, for example, whether you're 7w8 or 7w6 might influence the way your Fi manifests (oops, just noticed you were talking about Fi DOMS, sorry about that, too late. go with this example anyway). Maybe this is why Elfboy (7w8) is so fast at categorizing Fi -> anger. I have quite balanced wings and I'm VERY family with both (anger and paranoia).

I don't see why they would any more than others (besides Ni perceptions, like you mentioned. And on that note, I'd think ISPs are more susceptible to it than strictly Fi dom.. in addition to NJ). Paranoia is rooted in perceptions, after all.

FWIW, here's a more a well thought out description of what I mean applicable to all Ni types.. from the greenlight wiki.

As a Dominant Function, Ni leads INJs to anchor themselves primarily in discovery of and attunement to that "what else"--to seek communion with it for its own sake. INJs are typically concerned with finding an independent and all-encompassing perspective on whatever interests them, so they can see it without bias, without being fooled or led along by ways in which other interests have set things up, and without a merely partial understanding.

As a Secondary Function, Ni typically leads ENJs to be aware of alternative ways of negotiating the social world, that exploit the assumptions that people make in order for there to be a social world. One might use this awareness to be on guard against cheaters, to prevail by setting knots and traps for others to fall into, to commit to a vision that might currently seem impossible, or a thousand other ways to serve or create an Extraverted goal.

As a Tertiary Function, Ni typically leads ISPs to suspect others of hypocrisy and cheating and putting on appearances aimed at exploiting people's credulity--especially hypocrisy inherent in social institutions. Sometimes ISPs draw upon Ni to find ways to throw a monkey wrench into social systems that call them into some kind of obligation: to respond in ways that don't make sense within the system's explicitly stated ways of interpreting behavior as cooperative or hostile (but are indeed hostile).

As an Inferior Function, Ni typically leads ESPs to either self-doubt or claim to a mystic vision--to see themselves as an oracle of transcendent truth, bypassing the need for finding things out through observation, reasoning, and putting ideas to a test.

Naturally, you can see plenty of dominant-style Ni in ENJs, secondary-style Ni in INJs, and so on--even inferior-style Ni in INJs

Are you guys talking about me? ... what KDude said above is right I think.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Are you guys talking about me? And what KDude said above is right I think.
    maybe maybe not. :p
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

The way my Fi is linked to paranoia is: someone says something to offend me, i get hurt, and i start this mental masturbation with my self: "did they realize they hurt me?" - cut to 2 solutions:
    a) if i'm in a situation where i can, for ex if it's not my boss or a delicate situation where i have to be kind or i don't know the person well, then might splash out in anger to make it known and confront the person to what their intentions were.
    b) if i can't do that, i start thinking in my mind. i think probably they didn't, i think god i'm too sensitive, then i think "no, maybe they don't like me....no, maybe they say that because they want to help me grow as a person.....but why would they do that? maybe they like me....but if they like me why don't they see that they hurt me? ....people are always hurting me. maybe there's something wrong with me. maybe i'm more sensitive than most people. maybe i'm not so 'normal' after all. why can't i just not care? but why are they all doing this to me all the time? they don't do this to anyone else? are they doing it no purpose to make me feel different?" etc etc etc etc
    sorry this was quite neurotic and i promise i don't do it every time, but it was an honest transcript of what goes on in my mind. did it help illustrate the point?

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't see why they would any more than others (besides Ni perceptions, like you mentioned. And on that note, I'd think ISPs are more susceptible to it than strictly Fi dom.. in addition to NJ). Paranoia is rooted in perceptions, after all.

MBTI
    IxFP

I'd say that Im more self absorbed and rageful than paranoid.
    The NTJs seems more paranoid to me...

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski