User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think people who suffer from self doubt and depression can also be paranoid....sort of like...expecting things to go wrong...because isn't that how life always seems to work for me...that mentality...that negative pessimistic slant...being comfortable in that deep dark space...always searching for what will happen next...on the look out for negativity and impending doom....which for the fucking life of me i can't understand why this seems so prevalent in infps....just...that fi filter i guess...measuring everything against the ideal...it's like nothing ever has a chance.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    honestly, I think Fi doms are more prone to anger. it's subtle and deep seated, but I notice it with most of the Fi doms I talk to.
    Also being judgemental.

ExFPs too.

I haven't noticed them being paranoid. Just more concerned about what people think about them, that's all. That's not paranoia.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Also being judgemental.
    ExFPs too.
    sometimes, yes.

I haven't noticed them being paranoid. Just more concerned about what people think about them, that's all. That's not paranoia.
    actually, I've noticed EXTPs tend to care more than FPs do because of Tertiary Fe
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think people who suffer from self doubt and depression can also be paranoid....sort of like...expecting things to go wrong...because isn't that how life always seems to work for me...that mentality...that negative pessimistic slant...being comfortable in that deep dark space...always searching for what will happen next...on the look out for negativity and impending doom....which for the fucking life of me i can't understand why this seems so prevalent in infps....just...that fi filter i guess...measuring everything against the ideal...it's like nothing ever has a chance.
    Behind every cynic lies a bitter dreamer.

some of us (me for example) just anticipate and prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. If there ever was an optimistic cynic...that would be me.

...thou I could be ENFP. It has been brought to my attention so I'm reassessing my functions. I'm sometimes too logical and INFP negativity bothers me.
    Enneagram: | 6w7 cp - 4w5 - 1w2 Sp/Sx/So | The Philosopher King

Supine - Melancholic
    Socionics: IEE-3Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    Behind every cynic lies a bitter dreamer.

some of us (me for example) just anticipate and prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. If there ever was an optimistic cynic...that would be me.

...thou I could be ENFP. It has been brought to my attention so I'm reassessing my functions. I'm sometimes too logical and INFP negativity bothers me.
    haha...I think I do the opposite....I gripe about what is lacking NOW, still hope for the best, don't prepare for much, and then gripe when it goes wrong again. I can't help dreaming of a fabulous future in spite of myself though .

ENFPs are possibly less "logical", being dominant P types. INFPs prefer rational reasoning, remember.

---

I agree w/ @pinkgraffiti that INFPs are paranoid in the sense that they can be hypersensitive, seeing criticism where none was intended. I think I feel a mix of hurt & anger - mainly a frustration at what I see as being misunderstood. I am not paranoid in that I am not characteristically mistrustful of others, I don't suspect way more is going on below the surface, and I don't expect/prepare for worst case scenarios. I may be slightly naive, finding myself blindsided at times because of it. I usually give the benefit of the doubt for TOO long.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram

It's interesting, I made a thread today sort of touching on this. I can be paranoiac at times, mostly due to my mind overacting. That's not to say I don't get angry, I am zero to sixty in a few seconds. No wonder people call me insane.

You like these old posts I see.

Paranoia is the realm of the perceiving function and never the judging function at least that's what I understand. It's more common in Ni types but it can occur in Ne types too (if the judging function judges the paranoid possibility created as the most logical/valued or if the Ne user becomes too tired to consciously determine more possibilities than the potentially incorrect limited selection they have available.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I can't find any literature online on it, but my professor in college said that most INFP's are very right brained thinkers, and right brained thinkers tend to be more prone to anxiety than left brain thinkers.

According to Lenore Thomson, both Ti and Fi are right brain functions (Ti & Fi being in the back right area and Se & Ne being in front right.) Fi-doms should be no more prone to anxiety and/or paranoia than their Ti-dom counterparts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    According to Lenore Thomson, both Ti and Fi are right brain functions (Ti & Fi being in the back right area and Se & Ne being in front right.) Fi-doms should be no more prone to anxiety and/or paranoia than their Ti-dom counterparts.
    I think that Fi doms are more paranoid because Ti rationalizes out fears, but Fi isn't really that rational.