User Tag List

First 12

Thread: INFJs and Se?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    It makes me want to go out dancing.
    It makes me aware of how fabrics feel on my skin. When I was little even socks would irritate me as they just felt so tight. It has gotten better as I've aged but it's still there.
    It makes me want to not look like I've crawled out of the grave and put a bit of effort to make myself look good.
    It makes me go on shadow ExxP role sometimes where I want everything faster, faster, faster. Much like mentioned above I'll pay less attention to people just to get 'things moving'.
    It makes me seek gratification -- I'll dance sassy in the nightclub and let the moment take me, it makes me smoke, eat, drink or whatever it is, more, when under stress.
    It makes me insecure in my environment. I am clumsy and always feel a bit out of touch.
    Then again at times it gives me that kick and I feel like putting on my metaphorical boots and OWNING THE SPACE and be in total control of my environment and myself. I'm in perfect sync and I feel sexy.

Pretty much everything in CuriousFeeling's post hit the nail for me.
    Calm down..We're all damaged and broken, some more some less. There's a good book by John Eldredge. He writes a guide to show how people heal. It's called "Captivating".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It's the source of my constant impatience.

It's also the reason I can't talk on the phone without pacing or playing minesweeper.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    It's the source of my constant impatience.

It's also the reason I can't talk on the phone without pacing or playing minesweeper.
    I got called out on my pacing habits today while eating lunch... it's like when I'm thinking about a problem or big idea, I shuffle around... sometimes in circles like the Ni-Ti loops going through my brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

A lot has been said here that resonates with me, especially the tendency to appreciate the aesthetic beauty of one's environment (or to notice a lack thereof). I am also acutely aware of my own appearance, and consequently, I am very deliberate in the daily application of products that help to ease my superficial insecurities. I also like to dress well and maintain a certain level of physical fitness. I love music and have strong reactions to it; it's not possible for me to be unaware of or apathetic to the soundtrack of my surroundings.

I can't so readily identify with the Me vs. Technology scenarios, however. If a device "fails," I don't freak out unless the problem is obviously quite serious. Instead, I do what I can to fix the issue. Don't get me wrong - I'm very emotionally expressive. Under stress, though, especially when I need to perform or accomplish something, I tend to switch into a sort of combative stoicism. In a crisis, I don't typically experience meltdowns; I grit my teeth and take matters into my own hands, insofar as I can. Also...I don't really care about the celebrity/entertainment world. I love film. I could list the roles an actor has played, but not the women he's dated. I tend to remain very unaware of that stuff.

I have to use Se for my job these days, too. I run cameras and shoot ice hockey. Definitely can't do that and daydream at the same time.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~