User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Impossible Fe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Impossible Fe

Today I was labeling boxes with stickers and a sharpie marker, and I found myself feeling sorry for the labels that I didn't like and ended up throwing in the trash. I felt like they weren't experiencing their life potential, or what they were created to be. Then I realized that my F is so high that it is actually ridiculous. I need to get some T desperately.

that's awesome.

I do stuff like that as well-I feel sorry for christmas decorations that dont get hung up and develop emotional attachements to furniture..alas.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Me too!

I feel bad for deformed cookies and give them special attention when I eat them ("You may not look as good as the other cookies but you are so much tastier!")
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I do stuff like that sometimes, too, and I'm a T! wth??

(Like feeling sorry for the strawberries I'm throwing away because they went bad, and imagining them being sad and yelling "NOoooOOooOO!" as they fall into the trash.... I need help.... )

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Today I was labeling boxes with stickers and a sharpie marker, and I found myself feeling sorry for the labels that I didn't like and ended up throwing in the trash. I felt like they weren't experiencing their life potential, or what they were created to be. Then I realized that my F is so high that it is actually ridiculous. I need to get some T desperately.
    I blame Fe. My Fi asks me, "Why are you throwing away stickers vs. recycling them or giving them to someone who might appreciate their inferior design, look etc.". I sometimes confer human like qualities to inanimate things as well though, usually so I can yell at it however. Stupid copier/computer/desk that I just hit my knee on, etc.

Spanky McFly
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I get this way about music albums that went into the cutout bin and thinking about how the music could actually be something really good, and the effort the artist put into the work... and how people should give it the time of day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Just go on a safari and approach a lion. Hell, try to hug it. Soon you will have formed a cold, bitter attitude toward the world.

Either that or watch the Jersey Shore.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

HAHAHA I'm so glad I'm not alone in this world for feeling that way! I noticed most of the responders are INFJ or INFP. We must be the world's biggest feelers!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Once as a kid I refused to clear a piece of forest because "The trees were crying in pain." Not a literal...I'm crazy kind of actually hearing, I just felt real bad about it.

Of course, I have to step out of this a bit so that I can actually function

Also, to be fair, sometimes the trees are Orcs , and we are at war against the hosts of Mordor too.

It depends. Some trees are bad and some are good. And some are very wise.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow. Now I feel like a bitch.

...I mean, I only grow attached to things because I might want to use them later and lose the chance if I throw them out, but I don't really feel bad for the things per se.

I'll talk to things sometimes, but it's still just all about me talking to myself by anthropomorphising inanimate objects.

Note: I wouldn't call what is being described in this thread as specifically Fe. But it's probably a trademark of general F, which personalizes, while T tends to detach instead.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft