• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Impossible Fe

xisnotx

Permabanned
I do this with ideas. I'll develop emotional attachments to certain ideas. If I'm going to be crying over Kleenexes in the future I might just have to change my type.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Gosh that too. Stubborn AND stupid. :dont: I suppose they deserve it. Survival of the fittest! :solidarity:

(It really wasn't a good idea to sample candy for "quality control"..)

Hahaha, yeah... I'm pretty sure almost every person in a horror movie deserves to die.... so very stupid. Darwin makes an appearance every time!

No razors in the candy? That's good :). My dad tests all of the candy to make sure it's fine.... I'll keep your secret safe ;)

N

NPcomplete

Hahaha, yeah... I'm pretty sure almost every person in a horror movie deserves to die.... so very stupid. Darwin makes an appearance every time!

No razors in the candy? That's good :). My dad tests all of the candy to make sure it's fine.... I'll keep your secret safe ;)

Darwin's arm = :solidarity:

People in horror movies use antique batteries in flashlights and always have to hit the flashlights to work, are ultra-gullible and don't get creeped out by anyone who knocks on their doors in the middle of apocalyptic storms... It's saddening that the women always have to play damsel in distress (I was thinking of a story in which the guy has to be saved all the time this morning but I think it's been done before..) and almost always believe anything. Thankfully there's the omnipotent arm of Darwin :solidarity:

(Yes this is a sugar high)

Edit: razors in candy :( I don't understand people who do that at all. This makes me think of the explosives in the Firefly apples. :dont:

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
One might say that I'm a hoarder. I have a sentimental attachment to a wide piles of things. I have books that I love a lot, maybe they are like my pet books. In a "Fahrenheit 451" scenario I am likely to die. I'm attached to photographs, drawings I made, old scribblings I probably can't even read anymore. I have boxes of "treasure", which I probably could not get 50 cents for on the open market.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Darwin's arm = :solidarity:

People in horror movies use antique batteries in flashlights and always have to hit the flashlights to work, are ultra-gullible and don't get creeped out by anyone who knocks on their doors in the middle of apocalyptic storms... It's saddening that the women always have to play damsel in distress (I was thinking of a story in which the guy has to be saved all the time this morning but I think it's been done before..) and almost always believe anything. Thankfully there's the omnipotent arm of Darwin :solidarity:

(Yes this is a sugar high)

Sounds like something you find in a video game. The Arm of Darwin!!! Grants you evolutionary powerz!!!

They just need to walk away, but they never walk away. They never walk away. Yeah, I can't think of any movie where the girl is in power... Hmmmm.

That is no problem! I understand it completely.

N

NPcomplete

Sounds like something you find in a video game. The Arm of Darwin!!! Grants you evolutionary powerz!!!

They just need to walk away, but they never walk away. They never walk away. Yeah, I can't think of any movie where the girl is in power... Hmmmm.

That is no problem! I understand it completely.

The arm of Darwin. Haha! Shhh the spirit of Darwin is amongst us. Do you hear the beagle? Yes, that's him. Exterminate the weak!!!!!!!!!!

In one of the Saw movies one girl lives (I think?) but she gets killed in the next one. I'm really not sure. The clips I was made to watch scarred me. :laugh:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

[MENTION=6465]thealchemist[/MENTION] - I remember that one! she had cut off her arm! I thought she survived? Or is the drug addict that becomes one of the bad guys... So many spoilers.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I do that to many things: paper, plastics, food etc.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In one of the Saw movies one girl lives (I think?) but she gets killed in the next one. I'm really not sure. The clips I was made to watch scarred me. :laugh:

thealchemist - I remember that one! she had cut off her arm! I thought she survived? Or is the drug addict that becomes one of the bad guys... So many spoilers.

... and yeah, it's actual general spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movies but plan to, don't read.

I actually really liked the Saw movies. There's a lot, mentally, going on there, with all the flashbacks and/or continuously unfolding backstory, the convoluted timeline, the puzzles themselves, as well as the ongoing comparison between sadism and justice. Were Jigsaw's methods to reform individuals mired in their own depravity "ethical"? But some of the imagery still linger in my head; I'm sure there are those who shouldn't watch them, those images are powerful and disturbing.

So how's this all tie into Impossible Fe again? Jigsaw seemed pretty Fi. :D (Probably ISTJ.)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gosh, it's just a piece of paper.

If it makes you feel any better, recycle it -- it knows that it will have a second life.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think about these things. Things with purposes to fulfill that were never fulfilled. People who put work into whatever it is that I'm destroying. I usually don't feel too bad and not for long, I just shake my head about the senselessness of it all. It's just the way life works.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I think about these things. Things with purposes to fulfill that were never fulfilled. People who put work into whatever it is that I'm destroying. I usually don't feel too bad and not for long, I just shake my head about the senselessness of it all. It's just the way life works.

Actually, we're all stardust. Nothing lasts anyway. That's not a reason to not invest in something, but it does mean maximizing energy/effort when possible and learning to let go of things that are past their time.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, we're all stardust. Nothing lasts anyway. That's not a reason to not invest in something, but it does mean maximizing energy/effort when possible and learning to let go of things that are past their time.

Nothing lasts forever, except the cold November rain. And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden... Sorry, too many unintended song references there.

There was some Darwin talk up there, and though that's not the way it was meant, I immediately thought about all those preceding life forms that nature thew away, all the different types of hominids that came into being and went into silence. Yes, I know that's not how evolution works, but remember I am an idealist after all. It puts me in the mind that everything has to struggle to justify itself, including sentimental crap that takes up space in my apartment.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
HAHAHA I'm so glad I'm not alone in this world for feeling that way! I noticed most of the responders are INFJ or INFP. We must be the world's biggest feelers!

Note: I wouldn't call what is being described in this thread as specifically Fe. But it's probably a trademark of general F, which personalizes, while T tends to detach instead.

This.

My little sister is an ISFP, in other words not an NF but an Fi dom. When we were kids, my little ENTJ brother and I used to laugh our heads off at how she would try to catch the sofa cushions we were throwing in the air so that they wouldn't "get hurt". In her own words: "Well, there are animal-loving people and I am object-loving. That's all"

Kids can be so cruel :devil:

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I was a gardener, we dump huge piles of plants that are ripped out to make room for the next season. So the mums aren't blooming, so we rip up 10,000 mums and put poinsettias or something else, maybe kale.

The backhoe pushes back the vast piles of dead and dying plants so that they can be somewhat composted.

On my small scale, I'd rescue cute plants and try to keep them going. But you can only rescue so many before all your time and resources are dissipated. I have to discriminate.

With fish, so many die! If it's one I love I'll jump in sobbing, trying to bring it back to life (or I used to). But every wee fish? There is not resources or time to feed all the fish in the world. If you just release them into the wild, it is against the law, thus no job, huge fines, and maybe prison. But say you release it anyway, and now the gauntlet of starvation and predation, with 100,000 of predators.

I just can't love every little thing. I went to the shelter to get a cat, and I was crying so badly I could barely think straight about it. But honestly, I just can't afford to bring all animals home. I could bring one cat. That's it. Proper care and vet bills are rough.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was a gardener, we dump huge piles of plants that are ripped out to make room for the next season. So the mums aren't blooming, so we rip up 10,000 mums and put poinsettias or something else, maybe kale.

The backhoe pushes back the vast piles of dead and dying plants so that they can be somewhat composted.

On my small scale, I'd rescue cute plants and try to keep them going. But you can only rescue so many before all your time and resources are dissipated. I have to discriminate.

With fish, so many die! If it's one I love I'll jump in sobbing, trying to bring it back to life (or I used to). But every wee fish? There is not resources or time to feed all the fish in the world. If you just release them into the wild, it is against the law, thus no job, huge fines, and maybe prison. But say you release it anyway, and now the gauntlet of starvation and predation, with 100,000 of predators.

I just can't love every little thing. I went to the shelter to get a cat, and I was crying so badly I could barely think straight about it. But honestly, I just can't afford to bring all animals home. I could bring one cat. That's it. Proper care and vet bills are rough.

Oh, Gawd. I CANNOT go in the cat room. :cry:

N

NPcomplete

... and yeah, it's actual general spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movies but plan to, don't read.

I actually really liked the Saw movies. There's a lot, mentally, going on there, with all the flashbacks and/or continuously unfolding backstory, the convoluted timeline, the puzzles themselves, as well as the ongoing comparison between sadism and justice. Were Jigsaw's methods to reform individuals mired in their own depravity "ethical"? But some of the imagery still linger in my head; I'm sure there are those who shouldn't watch them, those images are powerful and disturbing.

So how's this all tie into Impossible Fe again? Jigsaw seemed pretty Fi. :D (Probably ISTJ.)

Egads yes! The big question, I have no idea since I never watched them completely. But I wonder whether Jigsaw only wanted to give them a semblance of choice and intended them to die anyway..

I'm still haunted by the needle stack. I thought that one was worse because she was screaming so much and survived with the memory of the needles.. Compared to the needles, everything else seemed fine or even funny. I found the HF trap hilarious, specially the way the torso plopped. :p

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Today I was labeling boxes with stickers and a sharpie marker, and I found myself feeling sorry for the labels that I didn't like and ended up throwing in the trash. I felt like they weren't experiencing their life potential, or what they were created to be. Then I realized that my F is so high that it is actually ridiculous. I need to get some T desperately.

Amazing, that definitely resonated with me...poor stickers :( On a similar note, I feel the same for balloons which someone has let go off accidentially or otherwise...I don't know why but I feel very sad for the balloon as it climbs higher and higher alone...only to meet it's demise. Typing that out....I sound crazy :D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I feel if they had just stopped and thought about the situation they were in they could've come out marginally less scarred, but most just freaked out.

I also wanted to talk to Jigsaw about some of the ethics he was complaining about. Especially in the sixth one.... I think it was.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel if they had just stopped and thought about the situation they were in they could've come out marginally less scarred, but most just freaked out.

I also wanted to talk to Jigsaw about some of the ethics he was complaining about. Especially in the sixth one.... I think it was.

Maybe someone wants to start a new-thread discussion on the philosophy undergirding Saw and/or spoilers?