User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: Impossible Fe

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe someone wants to start a new-thread discussion on the philosophy undergirding Saw and/or spoilers?
    I'll remember that for a Halloween thread as a kind of a tribute sense they aren't making another this year. Great idea!

Back on track:

Humanizing everything an Fe-er sees seems a little much. When you feel that way do you try to fight it as irrational, or chuckle? Or just let it maintain those traits?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i do this too. i feel bad for food i have to throw out, because it didn't fulfill the reason it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR
    Humanizing everything an Fe-er sees seems a little much. When you feel that way do you try to fight it as irrational, or chuckle? Or just let it maintain those traits?
    eh, both. i don't know about others but i used to be worse about it when i was little. sometimes it's good, it makes you take extra care of things and makes you feel more connected to places and people. other times you just have to get over it.

mostly i logic my way through it - like with the food, well, it's not really just food, it's wheat and butter and apples, and in reality it's all particles and they are going to continue dancing through the universe as they undergo chemical changes, so there's really no reason to feel bad for it, it's only an illusion of attachment to a single form...

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    eh, both. i don't know about others but i used to be worse about it when i was little. sometimes it's good, it makes you take extra care of things and makes you feel more connected to places and people. other times you just have to get over it.

mostly i logic my way through it - like with the food, well, it's not really just food, it's wheat and butter and apples, and in reality it's all particles and they are going to continue dancing through the universe as they undergo chemical changes, so there's really no reason to feel bad for it, it's only an illusion of attachment to a single form...
    Do you believe that maybe the purpose of humanizing is to make sure you take care of the physical aspects of the object? You would blindly throw it away if you didn't?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I'll remember that for a Halloween thread as a kind of a tribute sense they aren't making another this year. Great idea!

Back on track:

It was a lot harder to resist when I was younger. Along the lines of impossible. I almost got hit by a car one time because I was chasing down a kleenex in a parking lot. My parents were NOT down for hearing my tear streaked reasoning. I am sure my dad thought "here is a future Darwin Award Recipient."

Now... I am able to be a bit more rational about things. I may have the first impulse of "oh noes!!!" But then I realize I am being a bit silly and so I try to curb the impulses a bit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Do you believe that maybe the purpose of humanizing is to make sure you take care of the physical aspects of the object? You would blindly throw it away if you didn't?
    hm, i'm not sure. i do suspect it's carryover from heightened attunement to people... like you just start to see everything as a person. which is really a very NFy thing to do, when you think about it, since we tend to globalize, so globalizing human attributes and feelings is an unsurprising step. i don't know if it's so much purposeful as vestigial.

i just try to find advantages it could have, since i seem to be mostly stuck with it anyway.

Anew Leaf

I know this isn't to me but I shall jump into ze conversation anyways.

I don't think that's it. It's like this weird compulsion to connect with the world around us via feelings. Everything has emotional impact on me - at least it used to much more than now. The older I get, the more boundary lines are being drawn... but if I am not careful, I will connect to things. (Welcome to impulse shopping.)

My ENFP mom and I would go look for stuffed animals for me when I was younger. We always had to find the "cutest" one, but sometimes we would feel bad for the "rejected" toys and end up buying one of them instead. Then later the reality of the imperfect toy would begin to gnaw upon us and we would resent this toy.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I do stuff like that sometimes, too, and I'm a T! wth??

(Like feeling sorry for the strawberries I'm throwing away because they went bad, and imagining them being sad and yelling "NOoooOOooOO!" as they fall into the trash.... I need help.... )
    Me too!

I think it's because we ENTPs are the most sensitive and idealistic of all T types. Sometimes I think we are more sensitive than NFs too and they seem cruel and rude compared to us.

I actually bury old flowers instead of throwing them in the garbage because I don't want them to end up in one of those terrible dumps.

ENTPs are very sensitive and kind hearted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I know this isn't to me but I shall jump into ze conversation anyways.

I don't think that's it. It's like this weird compulsion to connect with the world around us via feelings. Everything has emotional impact on me - at least it used to much more than now. The older I get, the more boundary lines are being drawn... but if I am not careful, I will connect to things. (Welcome to impulse shopping.)

My ENFP mom and I would go look for stuffed animals for me when I was younger. We always had to find the "cutest" one, but sometimes we would feel bad for the "rejected" toys and end up buying one of them instead. Then later the reality of the imperfect toy would begin to gnaw upon us and we would resent this toy.
    This reminds me of when I make a pathetic attempt of using an old Xbox or ancient microcomputer to do something useful. It sucks, because these things deserve some sort of recognition besides being put into the dump, damn it. But.. they're a huge time waster. It's infinitely easier just to get something new. I feel bad for rejected electronics.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Today I was labeling boxes with stickers and a sharpie marker, and I found myself feeling sorry for the labels that I didn't like and ended up throwing in the trash.
    I felt like they weren't experiencing their life potential, or what they were created to be.
    Then I realized that my F is so high that it is actually ridiculous.
    I need to get some T desperately.
    Then picture poor T, sitting on the bench, not allowed into the game because your super star F is hogging all the time in the spot light.
    Then you might try imagining clumps of mollecules -- such as labels -- as having no feelings whatsoever ... while poor T has feelings too and needs to feel wanted and helpful for contributing to your life. :-)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

How did a thread about feeling bad for inanimate objects turn into a thread about horror movies?