User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Impossible Fe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah, I think about these things. Things with purposes to fulfill that were never fulfilled. People who put work into whatever it is that I'm destroying. I usually don't feel too bad and not for long, I just shake my head about the senselessness of it all. It's just the way life works.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Yeah, I think about these things. Things with purposes to fulfill that were never fulfilled. People who put work into whatever it is that I'm destroying. I usually don't feel too bad and not for long, I just shake my head about the senselessness of it all. It's just the way life works.
    Actually, we're all stardust. Nothing lasts anyway. That's not a reason to not invest in something, but it does mean maximizing energy/effort when possible and learning to let go of things that are past their time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, we're all stardust. Nothing lasts anyway. That's not a reason to not invest in something, but it does mean maximizing energy/effort when possible and learning to let go of things that are past their time.
    Nothing lasts forever, except the cold November rain. And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden... Sorry, too many unintended song references there.

There was some Darwin talk up there, and though that's not the way it was meant, I immediately thought about all those preceding life forms that nature thew away, all the different types of hominids that came into being and went into silence. Yes, I know that's not how evolution works, but remember I am an idealist after all. It puts me in the mind that everything has to struggle to justify itself, including sentimental crap that takes up space in my apartment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    HAHAHA I'm so glad I'm not alone in this world for feeling that way! I noticed most of the responders are INFJ or INFP. We must be the world's biggest feelers!

Note: I wouldn't call what is being described in this thread as specifically Fe. But it's probably a trademark of general F, which personalizes, while T tends to detach instead.
    This.

My little sister is an ISFP, in other words not an NF but an Fi dom. When we were kids, my little ENTJ brother and I used to laugh our heads off at how she would try to catch the sofa cushions we were throwing in the air so that they wouldn't "get hurt". In her own words: "Well, there are animal-loving people and I am object-loving. That's all"

Kids can be so cruel
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I was a gardener, we dump huge piles of plants that are ripped out to make room for the next season. So the mums aren't blooming, so we rip up 10,000 mums and put poinsettias or something else, maybe kale.

The backhoe pushes back the vast piles of dead and dying plants so that they can be somewhat composted.

On my small scale, I'd rescue cute plants and try to keep them going. But you can only rescue so many before all your time and resources are dissipated. I have to discriminate.

With fish, so many die! If it's one I love I'll jump in sobbing, trying to bring it back to life (or I used to). But every wee fish? There is not resources or time to feed all the fish in the world. If you just release them into the wild, it is against the law, thus no job, huge fines, and maybe prison. But say you release it anyway, and now the gauntlet of starvation and predation, with 100,000 of predators.

I just can't love every little thing. I went to the shelter to get a cat, and I was crying so badly I could barely think straight about it. But honestly, I just can't afford to bring all animals home. I could bring one cat. That's it. Proper care and vet bills are rough.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    When I was a gardener, we dump huge piles of plants that are ripped out to make room for the next season. So the mums aren't blooming, so we rip up 10,000 mums and put poinsettias or something else, maybe kale.

The backhoe pushes back the vast piles of dead and dying plants so that they can be somewhat composted.

On my small scale, I'd rescue cute plants and try to keep them going. But you can only rescue so many before all your time and resources are dissipated. I have to discriminate.

With fish, so many die! If it's one I love I'll jump in sobbing, trying to bring it back to life (or I used to). But every wee fish? There is not resources or time to feed all the fish in the world. If you just release them into the wild, it is against the law, thus no job, huge fines, and maybe prison. But say you release it anyway, and now the gauntlet of starvation and predation, with 100,000 of predators.

I just can't love every little thing. I went to the shelter to get a cat, and I was crying so badly I could barely think straight about it. But honestly, I just can't afford to bring all animals home. I could bring one cat. That's it. Proper care and vet bills are rough.
    Oh, Gawd. I CANNOT go in the cat room.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

NPcomplete

... and yeah, it's actual general spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movies but plan to, don't read.

I actually really liked the Saw movies. There's a lot, mentally, going on there, with all the flashbacks and/or continuously unfolding backstory, the convoluted timeline, the puzzles themselves, as well as the ongoing comparison between sadism and justice. Were Jigsaw's methods to reform individuals mired in their own depravity "ethical"? But some of the imagery still linger in my head; I'm sure there are those who shouldn't watch them, those images are powerful and disturbing.

So how's this all tie into Impossible Fe again? Jigsaw seemed pretty Fi. (Probably ISTJ.)
    Egads yes! The big question, I have no idea since I never watched them completely. But I wonder whether Jigsaw only wanted to give them a semblance of choice and intended them to die anyway..

I'm still haunted by the needle stack. I thought that one was worse because she was screaming so much and survived with the memory of the needles.. Compared to the needles, everything else seemed fine or even funny. I found the HF trap hilarious, specially the way the torso plopped. :P

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Today I was labeling boxes with stickers and a sharpie marker, and I found myself feeling sorry for the labels that I didn't like and ended up throwing in the trash. I felt like they weren't experiencing their life potential, or what they were created to be. Then I realized that my F is so high that it is actually ridiculous. I need to get some T desperately.

Amazing, that definitely resonated with me...poor stickers On a similar note, I feel the same for balloons which someone has let go off accidentially or otherwise...I don't know why but I feel very sad for the balloon as it climbs higher and higher alone...only to meet it's demise. Typing that out....I sound crazy
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good

ReflecTcelfeR

... and yeah, it's actual general spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movies but plan to, don't read.

I actually really liked the Saw movies. There's a lot, mentally, going on there, with all the flashbacks and/or continuously unfolding backstory, the convoluted timeline, the puzzles themselves, as well as the ongoing comparison between sadism and justice. Were Jigsaw's methods to reform individuals mired in their own depravity "ethical"? But some of the imagery still linger in my head; I'm sure there are those who shouldn't watch them, those images are powerful and disturbing.

So how's this all tie into Impossible Fe again? Jigsaw seemed pretty Fi. (Probably ISTJ.)
    I feel if they had just stopped and thought about the situation they were in they could've come out marginally less scarred, but most just freaked out.

I also wanted to talk to Jigsaw about some of the ethics he was complaining about. Especially in the sixth one.... I think it was.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I feel if they had just stopped and thought about the situation they were in they could've come out marginally less scarred, but most just freaked out.

I also wanted to talk to Jigsaw about some of the ethics he was complaining about. Especially in the sixth one.... I think it was.
    Maybe someone wants to start a new-thread discussion on the philosophy undergirding Saw and/or spoilers?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft