User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default Keirsey Champion description, and what INFPs relate to in it.

"Champions delight in novelty. They are optimistic, enthusiastic, and vivacious, craving expressions of strong emotion. With a dramatic flair, they share their experiences with others, hoping to reveal some universal truth or win others over in support of a cause. Attuned to possibilities, Champions scan their environment, probing the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. This sensitivity sometimes conflicts with their intense drive for personal authenticity. Spontaneous and personable, they attract others to their company."

INFP's.. how much do you relate to the bolded? Do you find it to be a distinguishing trait in yourself?

Thanks =D

OH Ya, I expect someone to offer up a Keirsey criticism. Thats fine, just already noted.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I wouldn't say I have dramatic flair, although I can be somewhat intense (not in that lighter, charming way of the ENFP). I don't share my life experiences that easily with people, but I may toss tidbits out to get others to open up & occasionally to illustrate a point. I'm more likely to do this one-on-one in a private conversation, and I really only reveal what seems necessary to keep them talking. Most of the time, I let others talk more about themselves. I don't calculate such things consciously though.

So in short, no, not a distinguishing trait.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

^ +1

The description emphasizes too much of a bold and exuberant mode of expression for a INFP to identify with it - phrases like "dramatic fair" are very alienating. Some of the other traits fit me but I do it in a much quieter, internalised manner. I don't openly verbalise or express that stuff on a regular basis.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    "Champions delight in novelty. They are optimistic, enthusiastic, and vivacious, craving expressions of strong emotion. With a dramatic flair, they share their experiences with others, hoping to reveal some universal truth or win others over in support of a cause. Attuned to possibilities, Champions scan their environment, probing the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. This sensitivity sometimes conflicts with their intense drive for personal authenticity. Spontaneous and personable, they attract others to their company."

INFP's.. how much do you relate to the bolded? Do you find it to be a distinguishing trait in yourself?

Thanks =D

OH Ya, I expect someone to offer up a Keirsey criticism. Thats fine, just already noted.
    I have dramatic flair when telling stories....

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I suppose I was really focusing in on how compelled you might be to "share your experiences with others" in hopes of finding universal truth or softly nudging others to consider your view. Do INFP's do that often? Do you feel especially high when you have impact on others views or knowledge? I am wondering if that is more of an extroverted deal...like if more typically, INFP's don't see a reason for this. Sometimes that is the vibe I get from INFP's, that they may believe in something so very strongly but not feel its their (or anyones for that matter) place to push influence.

Thoughts?

C'mon guys, 3 responces on a forum saturated with you? Help your ENFP brethren out here =D

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I suppose I was really focusing in on how compelled you might be to "share your experiences with others" in hopes of finding universal truth or softly nudging others to consider your view. Do INFP's do that often?
    Hmmm, not all that much. People in general don't care to hear it so I don't say talk about such things a great deal. If the conversation drifts that way I might add an observation/insight/moral argument but even then people tend to ignore the musings and focus on superficial elements. I don't like to force the issue so I try to let it go.

Do you feel especially high when you have impact on others views or knowledge?
    Absolutely, but again, people rarely pay attention to anything meaningful I have to say. I suspect that ENFPs may be better at packaging their views and being more inspiring

I am wondering if that is more of an extroverted deal...like if more typically, INFP's don't see a reason for this. Sometimes that is the vibe I get from INFP's, that they may believe in something so very strongly but not feel its their (or anyones for that matter) place to push influence.
    Sometimes it can be this but mostly it's resignation to the fact that if I express it people will either fail to understand or fail to take an interest.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

o.o about that much ^^;. I'm 6w7 and very ENFP-like thou.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I suppose I was really focusing in on how compelled you might be to "share your experiences with others" in hopes of finding universal truth or softly nudging others to consider your view. Do INFP's do that often? Do you feel especially high when you have impact on others views or knowledge? I am wondering if that is more of an extroverted deal...like if more typically, INFP's don't see a reason for this. Sometimes that is the vibe I get from INFP's, that they may believe in something so very strongly but not feel its their (or anyones for that matter) place to push influence.

Thoughts?

C'mon guys, 3 responces on a forum saturated with you? Help your ENFP brethren out here =D
    hmm...it does not seem to me that they do this. i only ever remember other enfps doing that to me. infps just seem to listen and offer unbiased advice if they think you want it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sometimes I make an effort to be dramatic because I believe it teaches people. Sometimes drama has the capacity to wake people up, people who otherwise would be doing nothing at all. It may seem ridiculous but, all things considered, isn't it better than just sitting around waiting to die? Maybe not, maybe so. However, I'm not dramatic, except on occasions. It's fun to attach to it & then disattach from it. But sometimes you can't help it.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

When I read Keirseys description of ENFP i said to myself "YES!". Infact, I also read some stuff by Oldham (any of you guys read him? I felt like he very accurately identified some of my unhealthier traits) but I have this ongoing hang up with E/I still.

Gawd it sucks.

But I am really beginning to think this hang up is more of an ENFP 4w3 thing. Since so many ENFP's are 6's and 7's, operating in the head zone, I sense a distinct difference in myself and them. I dunno. JCF can be some complex stuff I tell you. Anyhow, not to make this thread a "Type Huxley" deal.. I was genuinely interested in what INFP's relate to and what they do not.

You INFP's are fascinating to be sure.

Thank you for the responces this far!