• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Kiersey] Keirsey Champion description, and what INFPs relate to in it.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Champions delight in novelty. They are optimistic, enthusiastic, and vivacious, craving expressions of strong emotion. With a dramatic flair, they share their experiences with others, hoping to reveal some universal truth or win others over in support of a cause. Attuned to possibilities, Champions scan their environment, probing the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. This sensitivity sometimes conflicts with their intense drive for personal authenticity. Spontaneous and personable, they attract others to their company."

INFP's.. how much do you relate to the bolded? Do you find it to be a distinguishing trait in yourself?

Thanks =D

OH Ya, I expect someone to offer up a Keirsey criticism. Thats fine, just already noted.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't say I have dramatic flair, although I can be somewhat intense (not in that lighter, charming way of the ENFP). I don't share my life experiences that easily with people, but I may toss tidbits out to get others to open up & occasionally to illustrate a point. I'm more likely to do this one-on-one in a private conversation, and I really only reveal what seems necessary to keep them talking. Most of the time, I let others talk more about themselves. I don't calculate such things consciously though.

So in short, no, not a distinguishing trait.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^ +1

The description emphasizes too much of a bold and exuberant mode of expression for a INFP to identify with it - phrases like "dramatic fair" are very alienating. Some of the other traits fit me but I do it in a much quieter, internalised manner. I don't openly verbalise or express that stuff on a regular basis.

A

Anew Leaf

"Champions delight in novelty. They are optimistic, enthusiastic, and vivacious, craving expressions of strong emotion. With a dramatic flair, they share their experiences with others, hoping to reveal some universal truth or win others over in support of a cause. Attuned to possibilities, Champions scan their environment, probing the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. This sensitivity sometimes conflicts with their intense drive for personal authenticity. Spontaneous and personable, they attract others to their company."

INFP's.. how much do you relate to the bolded? Do you find it to be a distinguishing trait in yourself?

Thanks =D

OH Ya, I expect someone to offer up a Keirsey criticism. Thats fine, just already noted.

I have dramatic flair when telling stories.... :whistling:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suppose I was really focusing in on how compelled you might be to "share your experiences with others" in hopes of finding universal truth or softly nudging others to consider your view. Do INFP's do that often? Do you feel especially high when you have impact on others views or knowledge? I am wondering if that is more of an extroverted deal...like if more typically, INFP's don't see a reason for this. Sometimes that is the vibe I get from INFP's, that they may believe in something so very strongly but not feel its their (or anyones for that matter) place to push influence.

Thoughts?

C'mon guys, 3 responces on a forum saturated with you? Help your ENFP brethren out here =D

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I suppose I was really focusing in on how compelled you might be to "share your experiences with others" in hopes of finding universal truth or softly nudging others to consider your view. Do INFP's do that often?
Hmmm, not all that much. People in general don't care to hear it so I don't say talk about such things a great deal. If the conversation drifts that way I might add an observation/insight/moral argument but even then people tend to ignore the musings and focus on superficial elements. I don't like to force the issue so I try to let it go.

Do you feel especially high when you have impact on others views or knowledge?
Absolutely, but again, people rarely pay attention to anything meaningful I have to say. I suspect that ENFPs may be better at packaging their views and being more inspiring ;)

I am wondering if that is more of an extroverted deal...like if more typically, INFP's don't see a reason for this. Sometimes that is the vibe I get from INFP's, that they may believe in something so very strongly but not feel its their (or anyones for that matter) place to push influence.
Sometimes it can be this but mostly it's resignation to the fact that if I express it people will either fail to understand or fail to take an interest. :shrug:

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

o.o about that much ^^;. I'm 6w7 and very ENFP-like thou.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose I was really focusing in on how compelled you might be to "share your experiences with others" in hopes of finding universal truth or softly nudging others to consider your view. Do INFP's do that often? Do you feel especially high when you have impact on others views or knowledge? I am wondering if that is more of an extroverted deal...like if more typically, INFP's don't see a reason for this. Sometimes that is the vibe I get from INFP's, that they may believe in something so very strongly but not feel its their (or anyones for that matter) place to push influence.

Thoughts?

C'mon guys, 3 responces on a forum saturated with you? Help your ENFP brethren out here =D

hmm...it does not seem to me that they do this. i only ever remember other enfps doing that to me. infps just seem to listen and offer unbiased advice if they think you want it.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sometimes I make an effort to be dramatic because I believe it teaches people. Sometimes drama has the capacity to wake people up, people who otherwise would be doing nothing at all. It may seem ridiculous but, all things considered, isn't it better than just sitting around waiting to die? Maybe not, maybe so. However, I'm not dramatic, except on occasions. It's fun to attach to it & then disattach from it. But sometimes you can't help it.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
When I read Keirseys description of ENFP i said to myself "YES!". Infact, I also read some stuff by Oldham (any of you guys read him? I felt like he very accurately identified some of my unhealthier traits) but I have this ongoing hang up with E/I still.

Gawd it sucks.

But I am really beginning to think this hang up is more of an ENFP 4w3 thing. Since so many ENFP's are 6's and 7's, operating in the head zone, I sense a distinct difference in myself and them. I dunno. JCF can be some complex stuff I tell you. Anyhow, not to make this thread a "Type Huxley" deal.. I was genuinely interested in what INFP's relate to and what they do not.

You INFP's are fascinating to be sure.

Thank you for the responces this far!

A

Anew Leaf

Thanks =D

I also relate the ENFP description that says they see the best in others and actively encourage others to reach their full potential. I do that a lot with people I care about.