User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Default NFs - How good are you with your monies?

As an ENFJ, I'd have to say I'm really good at saving monies. Lately haven't been good about planning my future. I have no 401k, Roth IRA, stock, or mutual funds to retire on or use in the future. Granted, I'm young. 23 years old.

I'm completely debt free. I have good credit - paid all student loans off, paid 3 new or like-new vehicles off, and always pay bills on time.

I've recently decided to save $10,000 for an emergency savings fun should I be as unfortunate to lose my job. My goal of $10,000 which is around 6 months of my monthly living costs. Am I insane?

How good are you with monies? Do you spend a lot? Are you living paycheck to paycheck? What are your savings methods?
    "Don't complicate my piece of mind."
    ENFJ
    6w5
    Ethical-Intuitive Extratim

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i am TERRIBLE with money. saving money is impossible for me. before i moved to california i wanted 3,000 dollars saved up for rent, furniture, etc but only ended up with less than half of that. and i have negative money right now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Great at not spending. Could be a lot better at tracking funds. Also debt-free without any current loans.

Am living paycheck to paycheck, but I purchase in bulk from Costco, always loading up on samples.

Probably pay more in streetsweeping bills per year than for anything else ever.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

My INFJ mother is...quite impressive, actually. If she wants to save for something, there's no stopping her. She'll eat toothpicks for dinner if she has to.

She keeps really detailed, color-coded binders with specific allotments per months for different categories, and records every last purchase that she makes.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm extremely good with money, in my unbias opinion.

I currently have a TSP (a sort of 401k) I contribute toward, which isn't much at all tbh, I just opened it, but it's a start.
    I'm opening up a ROTH at the age of 25, and I hope to max it out every year, but we'll see.
    I'm debt free minus the last two payments on my car that I'll complete in January, 2 years ahead of schedule.
    I put 10% of every civilian paycheck I make towards a smartypig savings account for emergency situations.
    I've budgeted out the plans for my first home (a transitional place while I build my custom one.. I don't want to be too in debt, so I'm paying for both out-right), and I'm going to own the land that the house is on.
    I'm very much like MG's mom, if there is an event I want to go to I will do everything to save up for it. (Hey neighbor, I see your lawn needs mowing there )

I also play as hard as I work.. I'm very forgiving if I decide to use money on this or that, as long as the big things are taken care of first.

The main things that have worked for me is having the smartypig savings account.. it's so much easier to forget about having that money there. (btw.. I HIGHLY recommend that emergency fund. It bailed me out SO well when I was living on my own and my car got stolen and wrecked.) Also, the 'envelope' system worked very well for me. Budgeting everything out into envelopes, and just taking the money from each one out for particular things.

What I'm not good at is tracking money and receipts on paper.. I do it all in my head, and lord forbid I need to bring up some sort of written account. I know vaguely how much I have for what at any given time, but writing it down makes it seem all off and wonky, so I stopped bothering.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't know if I'm good or not. I used to think I was good, but now I don't. I'm good at paying the bills, but I'm really not good at controlling spending - especially eating out. When I'm too tired to cook, it's too easy to order out.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Nope. I'm not good with money.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Save, save, save, save, BIG SPENDAH!

... Save, save, save, save :/

edit: I spent my 1k post on THIS? Ugh freaking memory.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Nope. I'm not good with money.
    ^ This, mostly. I'm repaying things, but my hours may be reduced soon.

I'm good at not overspending and paying my bills on time but not so good overall in the sense that I haven't given any thought to planning for the future. I don't have a credit card either and I never have, so no credit history at all ... that's something else I should probably be thinking about but I don't really feel like dealing with it right now.