User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I only spend money on groceries & necessities & bills but I'm bad at keeping up with bills. Sometimes my bills grow larger, since I forget to pay them. &_&
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I am better with money than I used to be, but not great. I need to control my spending on useless stuff and eating out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not nearly good enough to use the term monies.

NPcomplete

Always been pretty good with that. I am too indecisive and fail at impulse-buying. Also, I always feel the need to research the hell out of the product as well as make a pro-con list..

As a result of all this, I spend money mainly on groceries, necessities and bills.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am quite good.

I never bought into this "INFPs may forget to pay their bills" nonsense. I ensure my bills are debited out of my account on a day where I know money will be in there. It may mean that I can't go food shopping because I forgot the bill was coming out that day, but the bill is always paid. This is a rare occurrence anyway and it usually just means I have to push back something else (shopping, going out, etc.). I am good at budgeting and have been able to stick to my current budget quite well.

I am also excellent at paying people back. My rent/bill money is always on time (if I am in work!).

I think the INFP problem is that you work might be intermittent, which means you might be so busy being preoccupied with that that you forget the bills.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I was HORRIFIC with money for the first 10 YEARS of making it. So impulsive, the last thing you'd ever catch me doing is balancing my dam checkbook. I seemed to be "money optimistic" if you will.. believing that I could just do whatever I wanted when I wanted, and deal with the problems later. I had such a bloated sense of things working out (and guess what, they always did.. but usually for the worse) and it wasn't until I got hit on the head many, many times with the cold hard reality that I started to shape up. I was also able to get really good jobs from a young age, and made more money than most of my friends and some of my family. It didn't matter if I brough in 500 or 5k for the month, I'd squander it on partying, shopping, experiences, etc. Total lack of self discipline. In my late twenties I started to go through a change, because I stared realizing how much I don't really need or value material items. Like I don't really care if I have a big house, nice ride, and lots of fancy furniture. I DO care that I have enough funds to experience what I want, vacation a bit, and collect music and artistic works. Paintings, books, music, and technological stuff (life computers, iphones, video cameras) etc. But alot of the technology is just to stay connected and capture experiences or make artistic stuff with it. TO be fair, I came from a family that did not spend much time directing or advising me about money, and everything I do know now comes from working for finance companies and self research. Thats another thing, I am great at advising others how to manage their money, and I FULLY KNOW how to manage my own money, its always a question of "do i want to?" Impractical priority sysrtem in place. Anyway, now I'm older I've finally come to understand that If i don't make a car payment, i don't have a car. Setting up automatic bill pay for virually everything I am obligated to has helped me greatly. THis way the funds are taken before I can decide that I feel like spending that cash on a trip to cancun instead of the rent ;D And yes, its truly sad that it even has to come to this! But you gotta go for what works for you.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Always been pretty good with that. I am too indecisive and fail at impulse-buying. Also, I always feel the need to research the hell out of the product as well as make a pro-con list..

As a result of all this, I spend money mainly on groceries, necessities and bills.
    I totally do that. YouTube, forums, company website...
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I'm pretty good with money

My INFP, on the other hand, is kinda hopeless >_<

So, in the future I'll handle all our finances
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Depends, I worked for my family businesses for free so my concept of making money are different. And my studies went on the shelf for health reasons, admin accounting, business systems and human resources, civil structural engineering. For the last few year I ended up in various retail stores in the biggest stores part time and was expected to become management material. Seems I've been happy to under perform and my passion was missing without a desire to become more financially supported. This may change now that I have found my passion. Do I have savings, assets and much of a super, nope. These are material illusions in some ways perpetuating the belief in security that should this change creates a devastation of magnitudes by the proportion of savings and ability to bounce back. While my family and friends earn big incomes and have property, anywhere from 50k to 100K to 1million per annum in some instances...I make less than 25k. Am I concerned, I used to be, but then I saw my families mirrors, grandpa lost 1million while my father has 1million in assets and is the greediest person you are ever likely to meet too, no holidays or luxuries of any kind.

I am in the process of reinventing myself so that now that I am aware of both extremes I will be stronger in creating my life without money controlling my responses and people controlling my responses.

This way of perceiving sounds strange.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    I totally do that. YouTube, forums, company website...
    Company website, rival company websites, forums, newspapers, amazon reviews, CNet, magazines devoted to the topic.. I'm trying to tone that down a bit now though. :P

I don't like youtube reviews, probably because you have to watch the whole thing, listen to someone drivel on and on (or worse, squeel ) and get only one opinion at the end. It takes time, specially when I could instead go on a website, quickly read different opinions and move on. Efficiency.

My mom (ENFJ) is also good with money. My dad (INTP) sometimes buys things impulsively and other times, sneakily gets me to research things for him.