User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFP High School

This is my first year of high school, and it is not fun. With me being an introvert and having over 1000 teenager in my school, i come home feeling tiered.

I hate my class because the girls are stuck up and think the world revolves around them. the boys are idiots. There are people i like and i usually around them but none of them are close.

Any advise or did you have the same experience.
    If we find our selves with a desire that nothing in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world

- C.S. Lewis

It is in all of us, to defy expectation, to go into the world and to be brave and to want, to need, to hunger for adventures, to embrace change and chance, and to that we may breath and know what is to be free.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. Find a small group of people you get on with, and stick with them. Drop them if they start doing stupid stuff like drinking too much or doing drugs. That's what I did.
    2. Make sure your room at home is your sanctuary.
    3. Talk to anyone you think looks nice.
    4. Do an individual sport.
    5. Go to the library.
    6. Hang around outside when you can't be bothered with anything. The fresh air does you good.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ouch... high school blows. If you're a girl it shouldn't be too bad though, I would think. When you're a sad girl people want to come save you. Don't get mean or world-weary, try to stay engaged in interesting things, find things to learn about.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by akc30 View Post
    This is my first year of high school, and it is not fun. With me being an introvert and having over 1000 teenager in my school, i come home feeling tiered.

I hate my class because the girls are stuck up and think the world revolves around them. the boys are idiots. There are people i like and i usually around them but none of them are close.

Any advise or did you have the same experience.

high school is rough for NFs, I'm an ENFP rather than an INFP, but perhaps some of my suggestions will be useful
    - it gets better, college is much more INFP friendly
    - studying MBTI will put you ahead of the game in terms of understanding people. I know it did for me
    - don't follow the conventional wisdom of "be involved as much as possible". while it is good to be involved in 1 or 2 clubs, it is horrible advice to tell an INFP to cram their schedule full. you need plenty of time to relax, and this is okay. (I know this applies to me as an ENFP, I can only imagine for an INFP it's even more true)
    - everything @Adasta said
    - learn to be assertive and set clear boundaries, but don't expect yourself to learn this over night.
    - take good care of yourself. I'm not suggesting you look like a plastic-y cheerleader or anything of the sort, but if you dress in a way that makes YOU feel sharp and sexy, it will boost your confidence and
    - people may make fun of you for being spacy or in your own little world, they're stupid
    - you certainly don't need a boyfriend, but if you can find a good guy, go for it. as an INFP, you will probably be mentally mature for your age and probably would work well with a more mature guy, perhaps 1-2 years older.
    - while it's possible for you to make friends with all types and variety is a great thing, some times you will probably click well with are
    - other INFPs (obviously)
    - ISFPs
    - INTJs
    - ENFPs
    - INFJs (if there are any at your school)

hope this helps
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    ouch... high school blows. If you're a girl it shouldn't be too bad though, I would think. When you're a sad girl people want to come save you. Don't get mean or world-weary, try to stay engaged in interesting things, find things to learn about.
    I'm afraid it's hard for girls too, though I agree an INFP male would probably have it a little harder than an INFP female. women tend to me more supportive; guys in high school are kinda like wolves: violent, destructive, pack instinct, dominance struggles, wanting to fuck everything that moves. I speak only of the majority of course
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would try to rid myself of the assumption that all the girls are shallow and the guys are idiots. You really have to take people on a case by case basis. It'll be (at least) four years of you vs them if you maintain this mentality. What really got me through as a young infp was getting involved in service projects. I still rely on volunteerism to this day to keep my sanity. Take an art or music class. Most importantly, avoid pep rallies like the plague.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_s View Post
    I would try to rid myself of the assumption that all the girls are shallow and the guys are idiots. You really have to take people on a case by case basis. It'll be (at least) four years of you vs them if you maintain this mentality. What really got me through as a young infp was getting involved in service projects. I still rely on volunteerism to this day to keep my sanity. Take an art or music class. Most importantly, avoid pep rallies like the plague.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_s View Post
    OMG! I felt so embarrased when I went to pep rallies.

I kept to myself in high school, so it was kind of a blur to me. Also floated between a bunch of different social groups so I didn't have to get close to anybody. Not sure if that was the best route for me, but it kept me mostly sane.
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    guys in high school are kinda like wolves: violent, destructive, pack instinct, dominance struggles, wanting to fuck everything that moves. I speak only of the majority of course
    It wasn't really like that where I went, my high school was, more than anything else, nondescript. But I meant girls tend to attract people one way or another, whereas if you're a guy & you feel bad, you just brood, & people ignore you even more.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Look for other people who are sitting alone. They are feeling lonely and isolated, too, and would love to have a friend. Having at least one friend makes high school so much better.