User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Are you childlike?

I'm in my early twenties and still find joy in childish things, like my fascination for Disney films, not wanting to grow up, I don't really know how explain myself, but I wanted to know are you all childlike? When I was a child I thought very mature and even compared to my peers now I think mature, but in other ways I tend to be very childlike..How about you all?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    I'm in my early twenties and still find joy in childish things, like my fascination for Disney films, not wanting to grow up, I don't really know how explain myself, but I wanted to know are you all childlike? When I was a child I thought very mature and even compared to my peers now I think mature, but in other ways I tend to be very childlike..How about you all?
    I have also always had that mature/ childlike complex. Not exactly right on my age range. I look very young and have often been known to be very silly and laughing much more than the average adult. I would say I overall project a very young image, though I don't have any child- like interests. At the same time, as a kid I always got along better with adults, and even now, some of my closest friends are about 20 yrs. older than me. I'm not sure why that is.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm a grown-up!

But maybe I can act like a kid sometimes... ok maybe always.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTP

I am in my thirties, I think innocent jokes are hilarious, I skip whenever I feel like it, etc. etc. I have watched my friends grow older, not necessarily in age but in attitude. I don't want to lose my wonder and joy at the "Biggest Acorn EVER" , what is the point if life can't amaze you? I have seen children thrilled over the littlest things and I agree with them. Sometimes people stop looking around, lose the curiosity and the thrill. Life is hard, focusing on that- ages. Better to breathe in the heady, sweet scent of the autumn leaves than stress that winter is coming.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I too was something of a precocious child mentally/emotionally. I read a lot of novels far outside my age level. I would speak to adults like I was on the same intellectual level as them. I didn't like certain kid movies as a child - ones that were highly slapstick never engaged me. I hated Home Alone & Beethoven (the dog movie), both of which were slapstick heavy kid movies that came out when I was a kid.

As an adult, I'd say I am childlike in the sense that I still have a really active imagination. I can play with kids like a kid still. I'm not a big fan of kids, but when I interact with them they tend to like me because I can play like they do still. I'm capable of that silly, ludicrous make-believe still.

I also tend to like playful, colorful, whimsical things, from clothes to music to movies. However, I also like refined, elegant, complex things, and I have since I was a child. It does become a mix of childlike/sage, which you often hear used to describe to both INFPs & INFJs.

Really, I would say I am a "perpetual teenager" more than a kid though, and that's something I see in other INFPs (ISFPs too though). There that's moodiness associated with teens that hangs on into adulthood, although it's far more subtle. There's also that obsession with independence, identity, and self-expression - themes that preoccupy many teenagers.

A love of novelty can also seem childlike because old people tend to get nostalgic, whereas young people tend to embrace the new. From what I can tell, many NFs tend to be on the childlike end of that spectrum. I know that I tend to be far more future-oriented & embracing of the new over nostalgic.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I actually think I have gone in reverse. I have become more childlike as I grew older, I think that is confidence in knowing how far to push it rather than any change.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah I feel really old when it comes to choices I make like instead of going out and doing stuff I rather stay in and watch something good on the television I love nice movies that seem geared to the older crowd (like the movie its complicated), or when I make decisions about stuff I think of the bigger picture rather than just being impulsive which people tend to say I'm like 60, but on the other hand when alone I act really goofy playful I listen to Disney music (like the classics Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, etc) I love Christmas like a child would (not for the gifts, but for the music and season) If i go to the park I run and play like a child would (my friends usually don't want to) I am awfully nostalgic and depress that every minute that passes by I'm that step closer to death lol. I am all about the future and past, as I get older I feel more childlike and feel like everyone is old and sad with their responsibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Y'all don't tell no one...shhhh....I still watch cartoons.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I also tend to like playful, colorful, whimsical things, from clothes to music to movies. However, I also like refined, elegant, complex things, and I have since I was a child. It does become a mix of childlike/sage, which you often hear used to describe to both INFPs & INFJs.
    Same here. Growing up I enjoyed things that were typically enjoyed by older people and things typically enjoyed by younger people. That has not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    A love of novelty can also seem childlike because old people tend to get nostalgic, whereas young people tend to embrace the new. From what I can tell, many NFs tend to be on the childlike end of that spectrum. I know that I tend to be far more future-oriented & embracing of the new over nostalgic.
    I relate to both the nostalgia and embracing the new. FWIW, I've had people told me that I'm rather childlike but in a good sort of way. I wonder if some INTPs are perceived as childlike? INTPs can have a childlike enthusiasm for something that really holds their interest.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess when you put it that way, yes i can do childish.

Yesterday I watched cartoon episodes of "cat in the hat" and "curious George". I want to watch childish films like "open season", "over the hedge", and "finding nemo".