User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    OMG you guys, I got a windup squirrel toy today. IT IS AWESOME.
    !!!

pleaz share wiff meh....

*invades NF turf*

No, not childlike at all. That is unless I see soft and fuzzy baby animals. Then I melt. But stuffed animals make good doggy chews.

My doggy would eschew stuffed animals in favour of shoes and books every single time. Especially if they happened to be library books.

NT dog with a shoe fetish?

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You know the microbe soft toys on THINK GEEK, I really want some for my lab. Except they end up full of real microbes.
    Plus it amused me that I would be giving people the "clap".
    Yeah, not too grown up. I'm told I'm kinda innocent and idealistic....a bit of dreamer. I think people get a little irritated by my runaway imagination sometimes.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Generally, NFPs (especially the extraverted ones) seem a lot more 'youthful' to me than NFJs. I guess to sometimes though, idealism and passion read as childlike.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    FWIW, I've had people told me that I'm rather childlike but in a good sort of way. I wonder if some INTPs are perceived as childlike? INTPs can have a childlike enthusiasm for something that really holds their interest.
    Well, we're described often as having a silly/whimsical/goofy side, which can certainly seem childlike. Some definitely show it a lot more than others. The INTPs and INFPs on here seem to range from very serious to very silly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah I seem to agree a lot with these posts...As a child I never really enjoyed "kid things" but pretended to fit in of sorts, but I always maintained some sort of childishness to me, I never ever could relate to people my own age, as a child I couldn't being in my early twenties I definitely can't.

I've also notice outside of the forum that INFPs that I've spoken to agree with me also I've gotten response from INTPs.

So my next question is do you all think it has to do with cognitive functions that leads someone to act more childlike?.

Or a combination of personality types and gender and that is why guys my age typically do not act childlike in that I mean?

Might have something to do with strong Pe in general, I think. I know a lot of xSFP adults who have that young tone, though it manifests itself a little differently.

ReflecTcelfeR

Sum tiemz.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Might have something to do with strong Pe in general, I think. I know a lot of xSFP adults who have that young tone, though it manifests itself a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Sum tiemz.

Maybe

My mom is an ISFP, (and fits the description), but she acts like adult but tries to be laid back and relaxed but she isn't that way. hehehe.

My oldest sister is supposebly a ENFP, but Se may fit her better, anyway she acts like immature person, but not really childlike, but culture influence can play a part too.

Thanks for your responses.