User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

No, not at all. I've always been a bit older than my years. I've never really been able to relate to my age group growing up. Even now, many of the things that other people in their mid-20's enjoy bore me, like parties, clubs, sports, and drinking.

That said, I do go through phases where I'll watch a cartoon here and there, but it never lasts long.

Even though I was a very serious little girl, I had a playful, slightly chaotic streak that often took people by surprise when it surfaced. That streak has grown steadily more prominent over the years and I get particularly chirpy and childlike when I'm happy. While I'm not invariably childlike, I have a pretty obvious silly switch.

I also fantasize endlessly to keep myself entertained, have a very juvenile sense of humour, and am, in many ways, stunningly naïve.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My interests aren't very childlike, but probaby outlook is. I can do jaded and sarcastic, but if I'm doing it, it's an act. There's a very childlike quality to earnestness, curiosity, openness and exploration.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

No, I would say that I'm not child-like at all. HOWEVER...

I do retain a non-cynical view of things. Also I'm a musician, and we seem to have a more open-minded way of dealing with reality that may seem child-like to some.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Even though I was a very serious little girl, I had a playful, slightly chaotic streak that often took people by surprise when it surfaced. That streak has grown steadily more prominent over the years and I get particularly chirpy and childlike when I'm happy. While I'm not invariably childlike, I have a pretty obvious silly switch.

I also fantasize endlessly to keep myself entertained, have a very juvenile sense of humour, and am, in many ways, stunningly naïve.
    Good sum-up... I concur whole heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    I am in my thirties, I think innocent jokes are hilarious, I skip whenever I feel like it, etc. etc. I have watched my friends grow older, not necessarily in age but in attitude. I don't want to lose my wonder and joy at the "Biggest Acorn EVER" , what is the point if life can't amaze you? I have seen children thrilled over the littlest things and I agree with them. Sometimes people stop looking around, lose the curiosity and the thrill. Life is hard, focusing on that- ages. Better to breathe in the heady, sweet scent of the autumn leaves than stress that winter is coming.
    I agree with this my fellow INFP fwend. I was at the co-op in Seward today and THERE WAS THE BIGGEST APPLE EVER HOLY CRAP! I had to take a picture on my phone and then send it to friends. Some responded with "amgs awesome!" and others wrote back with a "there there... that's nice." If you can't get excited over the world's biggest apple, then maybe you need to tinker with your brain a bit.

I can be very serious face as needed... and occasionally will whip out the "wisdom beyond my years" face and mind. But my usual mode is just sort of whimsicality.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm typically pretty childlike. i'm easily amused, silly, and more naive than i'd like to admit. i'm always ending up in the baby role in whatever social situation i'm in too, because i surround myself with people older than me. and i definitely still watch nicktoons and disney movies sometimes.

Sadly I can't afford to be childish when it comes to the current state of the world as only the strong survive.

I'm an absolute fucking retard with the right people in the right place at the right time though.

A perverted child however. I can't reverse puberty.

Though I admire innocence I like me some filth.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

NPcomplete

I can't even pretend to not be childish. I have my moments of sarcasm and cynicism but it's all part of a self-protection mechanism which always fails at some point because I can't even keep pretending for long. I keep being told I'm "too idealistic" but it's the way I roll and obviously that only makes me stick to my ideals even more.

I spend a lot of my time in fantasy land and watch cartoons etc...I just hope I don't become jaded like some of the people of my age group. *adjusts pink shades*

OMG you guys, I got a windup squirrel toy today. IT IS AWESOME.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    OMG you guys, I got a windup squirrel toy today. IT IS AWESOME.
    I played with windup toys in the store on Saturday. I smiled at anyone who was giving me strange looks and asked them if they wanted to play too. Felt awesome!