User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I analyze people's faces so I can see their reactions and stuff, but I can't say I catch their gaze very often. That's what I'm considering eye contact.

And in a group I'm scanning everyone so fast there is no way I can have eye contact with any one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I analyze people's faces so I can see their reactions and stuff, but I can't say I catch their gaze very often. That's what I'm considering eye contact.

And in a group I'm scanning everyone so fast there is no way I can have eye contact with any one.
    Same here...I sometimes make people uncomfortable thou because I rarely break eye contact in conversation if I'm not talking. A few years ago I could barely make eye contact ^^ now I'm learning to look away sometimes...but honestly scanning people's faces and seeing how they truly feel behind the mask of words...is fascinating.
    Enneagram: | 6w7 cp - 4w5 - 1w2 Sp/Sx/So | The Philosopher King

Supine - Melancholic
    Socionics: IEE-3Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I tend to take quite strong eye contact with the people I'm talking to but I don't stare at people when talking to them. I feel quite uncomfortable with people who stare at me when talking to me or who don't take an eye contact at all. Eye contact is needed to "feel" the people and to get an impression about them and an eye contact is needed when a common ground is agreed on (if there is such thing with some people).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Eye contact is one of those things that I hardly notice, and when I do then I get uncomfortable and feel like I've forgotten how to use it correctly. Or maybe I just notice it when I get uncomfortable. Chicken or the egg.

MBTI
    INFJ

My ENFP daughter stares intently when she's talking; I don't think she's conscious of it. I feel I have to make eye contact with people who want to make eye contact with me because it's polite, but I have a hard time thinking about what I'm saying when I have to make eye contact as well. Plus, I think some people who need to make lots of eye contact sense that I'm uncomfortable, but they probably don't understand why. Then I look away while I'm thinking what to say and I wonder if they think I'm being dishonest or hiding something. Such conversations can be exhausting. Although I love talking to my daughter, I get such a headache sometimes!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I tend to avoid eye contact, at least more than a glance. For some reason, people either think I'm being judgemental when I'm not, or I attract sociopaths. I don't get it, but there it is.
    However, I WANT to look at people. I enjoy watching how they interact with one another.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Too much eye contact! Some people don't like it, but it's natural for me. Someone seems annoyed or watches me weirdly. They're like: "Why are you looking in my eyes in that way?" And I'm like: "Why do you wear that weird expression? I'm just looking at you". I usually stare at people I like, while I avoid eye contact with ones I don't like.
    INFP 9w8 5w4 4w5 sx/sp/so
    Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Te

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

I tend to kinda...stare "through" the world a lot of the time. Liek, y'know, in that Ni-dom way? This is the case often when I'm involved in a social interaction I'm not really "into"; like, I don't know, during talk about matters I consider unimportant, or when the pace of the interaction's too slow, or there's just no "spark" between me and the other person. It's like, "no, this isn't what I'm looking for, so I'm just going to absent myself nao and [mentally] go off somewhere more interesting."

On the other hand, when I'm into another person and/or a topic being discussed, the eye-contact's all there, wholly engaged and absorbed, seeking for/establishing connection, pushing for more, more, more of this.

...This pattern seems rather Sx/Sp-related?

Don't pick up on details of body language etc so much, at least not consciously (retarded Se, I'd guess?). Even when I was at my most socially anxious I didn't pick up overly on visual cues, it was more tied up with compulsive over-interpretation of every utterance into it's possible meanings/interpretations.