• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Any ISFP's married to NF's here???

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just reading a book on relationships and MB....and it compares all 16 types with all the different types. Anyone else read this?

I thought I had to marry an NF to have that 'connection' but learned that ISFP is very, very compatible with my type.

What can you add to this???

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hmm...really? Which book did you read? Because I was browsing through "Please Understand Me II" and it made it seem like SP/NF had a fundamental difference that made them hard to forge a lasting relationship?

One example were the hippie communes of the 70s. Supposedly started by the 'live in the moment' SPs and joined by NF's who later became disillusioned and went off to find more "meaningful" pursuits...like EST! Hahahaha...

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmm...really? Which book did you read? Because I was browsing through "Please Understand Me II" and it made it seem like SP/NF had a fundamental difference that made them hard to forge a lasting relationship?

One example were the hippie communes of the 70s. Supposedly started by the 'live in the moment' SPs and joined by NF's who later became disillusioned and went off to find more "meaningful" pursuits...like EST! Hahahaha...

well, hehehe we aren't hippies and we are more mature so perhaps we have grown behind those characteristics. He does live i the moment and I do look for meaning but he tries to understand my love of that and I try to live in the moment...so we are both expanding!

Our F function is so connected that it helps a lot.

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
"Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of

Personality Type" by Paul D Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger

Anyone read it?? It's GREAT!

lemur

I am soon to be married to an ESFP (her P/T sides are quite balanced but she definitely is more of a P) and we are deeply in love. She accepts me even if she doesn't always understand me, and I try to do the same for her. She tempers my critical side and I think I supplement her moral code. She especially helps me accept myself in a way my parents never have. We put our relationship first, I think that makes a big difference. I think it helps that I try my best to be realistic and use my T side as much as possible in order to downplay my dreamy NF idealism. Overall I am super optimistic about the future except for one thing: keeping our future household in order!