User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I can see NFs going bad with a misdirected moral high horse too. That's where you get revolutionary types with crazy ideas & methods.
    What kind of ideas and methods?

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I just take surprisingly effective pot shots, or freeze people out completely......occasionally take the moral high road, it passes though...some times. Oh and stubborn.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I very much agree with this (especially the bolded). I don't do underhand manipulation, I will go for the brazen, outright guilt trip.
    Funny - I thought guilt-tripping was more of a FJ tactic, like the stereotypical ESFJ Jewish mother...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    What kind of ideas and methods?

I'm thinking Che Guevara was an NF. Total devotion to extreme ideology, basically.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Funny - I thought guilt-tripping was more of a FJ tactic, like the stereotypical ESFJ Jewish mother...
    Not sure.

Like OA said, It's rarely for my own benefit. It's more like, "what's wrong with you? Think of the starving children in Africa!", which is the sort of thing I pull, say to make my Mum buy Fair trade tea and coffee. Another example is when people say they are opposed to gay marriage I say, "Oh, so you don't believe in equality then?". I do that because I know they do believe in equality but I'm trying to put things in perspective, albeit in a rather obnoxious way.

I admit, I can be a moral bully on occasion.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I wonder if INFJs, more than any other NF, have a sense of being right all the time, not just morally but even logically?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I wonder if INFJs, more than any other NF, have a sense of being right all the time, not just morally but even logically?

Guilty as charged. But I am pretty open to another being right if they present a more logical or reasonable explanation. Ni doms usually are fairly receptive to changing their minds (infj more than intj), versus Te doms, for example. Formulating opinions and judgments does take a while, however, as Te and Fe continue to bring fodder home for Ni to process to find The Answer. Our 'stubbornness' comes in (as some of the most stubborn types) because I think once Ni has locked into an idea, it gets comfortable with it, and to change it takes a lot of evidence to the contrary. This might even be more true with Si.

Why do you ask?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I must admit, one of my professors pointed this out to me in a lecture. Logically speaking... yes, I get like this regarding concepts that I know quite well and get quite stubborn that the concept I have of the concept is correct. It's like "No wait, this is how it goes!" In class I would end up asking my teachers and professors if my train of thought was right to confirm that my train of thought indeed was correct. I just wanted to have the correct answer every time I was called on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My boyfriends in college frequently complained that I "made" them do things, when I didn't think I was trying to make them do anything at all. That's still a mystery to me, because apparently I was being manipulative without trying.

I have also been accused of pulling people's secrets out of them when all I thought I was doing was being a good listener.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Considering they have Ti as their tertiary function, it wouldn't surprise me. They are also commonly Enneatype Ones and sometimes Fives, who can be quite intellectually contentious.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).