User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    Senior Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    160

    Default

    ...Am I the only person who is slightly irritated with being an INFJ? I don't see it as something to be proud of. I mean, it fits and it explains why I've always felt like I handle things differently from others (especially NT's and SJ's) and knowing I am an INFJ makes it easier in terms of "how do I come closer to interacting normally" with other types.

    Besides.

    Listen up maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. ~ Tyler Durden

    **Disclaimer**
    There are good things about being an INFJ. I just sometimes wish I had a personality with a different set of flaws/handicaps.

  2. #22
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    ...Am I the only person who is slightly irritated with being an INFJ? I don't see it as something to be proud of. I mean, it fits and it explains why I've always felt like I handle things differently from others (especially NT's and SJ's) and knowing I am an INFJ makes it easier in terms of "how do I come closer to interacting normally" with other types.

    Besides.


    **Disclaimer**
    There are good things about being an INFJ. I just sometimes wish I had a personality with a different set of flaws/handicaps.
    I admit to having moments of feeling "special." Or a bit superior. It does happen. It's not something I pursue, though. I'd rather look for common ground. It's just stupid when people fetishize a certain personality type. Or can't see any disadvantages to it, while making certain other personality types scapegoats for all that is evil.

    It freaks me out when people say things like "I don't like any S people." Which is the kind of thing that gets said on that Facebook page. And they seriously seem to have it in for ESTJs, and to a somewhat lesser extent ESTPs.

    It can be quite entertaining in a kind of way, though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  3. #23
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I admit to having moments of feeling "special." Or a bit superior. It does happen. It's not something I pursue, though. I'd rather look for common ground. It's just stupid when people fetishize a certain personality type. Or can't see any disadvantages to it, while making certain other personality types scapegoats for all that is evil.
    It's not so much people feeling special that annoys me - it's how they assume that means other people are "common/plain/dull". Can't we all be special?

    /NF moment
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

  4. #24
    Peaced Quay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I admit to having moments of feeling "special." Or a bit superior. It does happen. It's not something I pursue, though. I'd rather look for common ground.
    Yep. this is always something I'm checking myself for...if I even begin to think "well this person is an idiot", I immediately begin to push myself into understanding why someone may be "acting up". This is also a reason why I have a tendency to ignore people. If I don't feel like I can be objective in dealing with someone's behavior, or I can't even reason myself into attempting to build a relationship with the person, I just erect a boundary to prevent what I perceieve to be an eventual blow-up/fallout.

    *not saying this is right but it's what I do*

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    infj
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I am a member of two infj groups in facebook. The first one is quite scary since it has a big number of members and there's been bullying and trolling but I like my second group with fewer members. The people in the second fb group is quite accepting and the group has this congenial atmosphere.

    I use my knowledge of being an infj as a way of understanding myself and other infjs. I am quite over with the I am very rare that is why you don't understand me attitude. But, I do admit I have been there. Perhaps, it is because I learn to acknowledge my weaknesses as an infj and I appreciate the strengths of other types.

    My close friends have different types, enfp, infp, istj. My siblings are NT's. I have lots of non-infj friends and acquaintances (they're SJs, NTs and SP's) that I truly value.

    I guess it all depends on how healthy an individual is. My father is quite an unhealthy infj and he has this me against the world attitude.

  6. #26
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I am a member of two infj groups in facebook. The first one is quite scary since it has a big number of members and there's been bullying and trolling but I like my second group with fewer members. The people in the second fb group is quite accepting and the group has this congenial atmosphere.

    I use my knowledge of being an infj as a way of understanding myself and other infjs. I am quite over with the I am very rare that is why you don't understand me attitude. But, I do admit I have been there. Perhaps, it is because I learn to acknowledge my weaknesses as an infj and I appreciate the strengths of other types.

    My close friends have different types, enfp, infp, istj. My siblings are NT's. I have lots of non-infj friends and acquaintances (they're SJs, NTs and SP's) that I truly value.

    I guess it all depends on how healthy an individual is. My father is quite an unhealthy infj and he has this me against the world attitude.
    This is the thing - people who can acknowledge their own weaknesses, and see the strengths of others, won't come across so precious.

    I think "the first" FB group you mentioned is the one I'm mainly thinking of. There was a thread about "what do other types not like about INFJs". It seemed like everyone was saying things like "well, we're just SOOOOO right about them and their motivations, and most people are such hypocrites that they're scared of us because we uncover all their lies" and "I'm so deep, while others are so shallow." GROAN. I didn't notice many people saying "well, we can be a bit self righteous" or "sometimes we doorslam people when we really shouldn't" or anything like that. If there was a thread like that on TypeC, I think you'd find (as usual) that a lot of the INFJs are pretty honest about where they screw up, and they're capable of appreciating other types.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  7. #27
    Senior Member Cloud of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    ...Am I the only person who is slightly irritated with being an INFJ? I don't see it as something to be proud of. I mean, it fits and it explains why I've always felt like I handle things differently from others (especially NT's and SJ's) and knowing I am an INFJ makes it easier in terms of "how do I come closer to interacting normally" with other types.

    Besides.




    **Disclaimer**
    There are good things about being an INFJ. I just sometimes wish I had a personality with a different set of flaws/handicaps.
    Yes, you are the only one who feels this way. Or at the very least, one of a very few. I would never want to be any other personality for any reason.

  8. #28
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    I'm with Wanderer. I get sick to the teeth of the blindspots and flaws/handicaps.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  9. #29
    Senior Member Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Yes, you are the only one who feels this way. Or at the very least, one of a very few. I would never want to be any other personality for any reason.
    lul; not sure if sarcastic or not xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I guess it all depends on how healthy an individual is. My father is quite an unhealthy infj and he has this me against the world attitude.
    Hmm, I don't see an issue with seeing the world as an opponent.. as far as I'm concerned it's me and mine against a big bad world; is that really so unhealthy?

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    infj
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post



    Hmm, I don't see an issue with seeing the world as an opponent.. as far as I'm concerned it's me and mine against a big bad world; is that really so unhealthy?
    I think the issue lies on one's definition of "the world". My father's definition involved us, his children. His definition is not consistent actually. He sees conspiracies that doesn't exist.

    I personally believe in the importance of acknowledging other people's viewpoint. And of letting go of past unnecessary grudges in order to live a healthy life. If someone sees everyone as his opponent, what good will it bring him in the long run?

    But if "the world" for you is the collective term for all the cruel and wicked people with no conscience, I think its normal.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:58 PM
  2. [INFJ] Drama can be boring
    By SilkRoad in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
  3. reasons why roommates can be a pain....
    By runvardh in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 07:02 AM
  4. How Intuitives can be better with money...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO