User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Hey, now! Don't So-dom Fours do the same thing - identifying themselves as "outcasts" and "different from others"?
    Yeah, I'd say it's a lot more of a 4 thing than a 6 thing...

Hey! Didn't you used to be a 6, Viridian?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Everybody's different from each other, yet they are also similar to each other. I feel a bit different from people I grew up with, but there's still an underlying similarity that we have (shared experiences). But I don't let the fact I felt different from my peers stop me from living. There's people out there that share the same interests as me too... so it doesn't make me any more unique or special than anybody else. If anything, if one explores deeply enough, they can find people that share like traits to them... sometimes you have to think outside the box to find it. Why dwell on feeling like an outcast when you can embrace your traits and do something productive with them... make a difference in others' lives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I guess Facebook attracts a lot of silliness, but I wonder if it's also just the fact that too many people of one type - or too many people who believe themselves to be of one type - in one place at the same time is not really a good thing.
    Yes, this. I flat out told that one forum that they were practicing typism. One minute, a person is talking about how misunderstood his/her's INFJ "status" is, and then the next, ranting and raving about how ESTJs ain't shit.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quay View Post
    Yes, this. I flat out told that one forum that they were practicing typism. One minute, a person is talking about how misunderstood his/her's INFJ "status" is, and then the next, ranting and raving about how ESTJs ain't shit.
    Yes, from what I've seen it seems to be poor INFJs against the world and ESPECIALLY those horrible ESTJs.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ

I've had very similar a feeling about some corresponding pages regarding INTJs. Far too often, I find them full of "we are the ones to conquer the world, others are nothing" or similar rant.

I also don't like this idea of announcing ones type on Facebook. On one hand, I consider such information quite private, and on the other hand, I know that most people have no idea of typology and that many of those who do utilize stereotypes to such an extent that I don't want them to know which box to put me in.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    I've had very similar a feeling about some corresponding pages regarding INTJs. Far too often, I find them full of "we are the ones to conquer the world, others are nothing" or similar rant.
    Or they all but paint them as Machiavellian, amoral power-seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    I also don't like this idea of announcing ones type on Facebook. On one hand, I consider such information quite private, and on the other hand, I know that most people have no idea of typology and that many of those who do utilize stereotypes to such an extent that I don't want them to know which box to put me in.
    Yeah, I agree with you there... Then again, I don't post squat on FB, despite checking it every day.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

I've not seen any facebook pages, I joined the INFJ forum for a while and it was fine, actually I liked it, although people wherent exaggerated about their type there or stereotypical they did seem to care about things and had a total search on about a lot of things. I liked that side of things. Really trying to philosophise, research and introspect. Lots of long posts with great links to more material.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I agree with @Vasilisa's post and most of what you said... EXCEPT the phobic 6 part. Just had to mention that. Phobic 6s are usually very keen to find somewhere to belong/feel secure, not necessarily within the mainstream, but not particularly outside of it either. That's my understanding anyway.
    I meant counterphobic...it was late at night when I typed that

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Hey, now! Don't So-dom Fours do the same thing - identifying themselves as "outcasts" and "different from others"?
    A big distinction between 4s & counterphobic 6s (which sometimes get confused) is that 6s are more likely to define themselves in relation to the group, even if that is "outside" the group. 4s tend to seek unique identities that are not in relation to any defined group. It's more of an inner ideal they create. It's a subtle distinction, but in this case, I think a 6 fits better because the focus is so heavily on a group which is seen as threatening or oppressive. The 4 doesn't find these things threatening or oppressive because they don't have a need to for a group security. If a 4 were to have this attitude, then yeah, it might be the so-dom. However, I still think the 4 would not be threatened or feel oppressed even if they define themselves as an outsider to a group.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Sniffles

Yeah I visited the INFJ forum, and I sincerely doubt I'll go back.

@SilkRoad

Yes, generally speaking. If you have too many people who perceive themselves as a certain type, there is a high chance that that group will begin to group-think (for better or worse.)

The prime example are the single-type forums, INFPgc was like that, INTJf was like that, and I am quite sure INTPc is like that.