User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INFP or INTP

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFP or INTP

I took the test and got INFP and after reading about i agreed but i thing confuses me. I am very good at math and science which is INTP but i also have a very active imagination.

help

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

There have been dozens of threads like this. I've started a handful myself. I originally tested as 55% on the T side, so a very slight T.

There are many who question the validity of the F/T axis, for thinking people feel and feeling people think.

Did you take the actual MBTI? What was your value for the F/T? I was "5" on the T side, as I said.

Eventually I decided (recently) on F. Part of my reasoning is that my primary motivation seems to be receiving approval from others. So if I did a math problem or made a spreadsheet, I'm imagining how happy the person will be or thinking how specifically everyone will benefit from what I'm doing. I have almost no motivation to do math or make spreadsheets for their own sake or out of curiosity. Okay, maybe I do, but usually I'm thinking of a conversation in the future where it will be helpful to someone.

In addition, I'm VERY sensitive.

One thing that might be fun is to look up "INTP motivational posters" and "INFP motivational posters." These are sort of tongue in cheek videos of stereotypical INFP and INTP things.

NPcomplete

I test on the T side too but apparently I lost my Ti license..a while back.

Anyway, you can be INFP and be good at math and science too.

Good luck!

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Being INFP doesn't mean you are not able to think and cannot do maths etc...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

As others have said, Fs can be good at math and science, that doesn't mean anything.

My little sister is a clear ISFP and has a PhD in molecular biotechnology and has always been one of the best in her class in math, both at school and at the university (thus defying both the feeler and the sensor stereotype). She also loves logic puzzles. And yet if you knew her you couldn't help seeing how very obviously she is motivated by Fi and uses Te as a tool for that.

What is your motivation? What do you like about science? What do you like about math? Or does it just come to you easily but it doesn't really attract you?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by akc30 View Post
    I took the test and got INFP and after reading about i agreed but i thing confuses me. I am very good at math and science which is INTP but i also have a very active imagination.

help
    - do you have any passionate convictions or a strong sense of personal values that fuel you? if so, you are definitely an INFP if not, you could be either
    - what kinds of things do you imagine? INTPs and INFPs are both very imaginative, but in different ways
    - imagination mostly has to do with N?
    - what were you like as a child? Fi dom children and Ti dom children are usually pretty different
    - have you looked at all into cognitive functions?
    - frankly, the tests are little more than an indicator. I'm a clear ENFP, but I usually test as an INTP or INTJ
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd say check out the cognitive functions

INFP: Fi Ne Si Te

INTP: Ti Ne Si Fe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Being good at math and science isnt type related.. and INTPs do tend to have a good and active imagination, at least some of us
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by akc30 View Post
    I am very good at math and science
    The question is, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to use maths and science to answer all the questions about the universe, come out with some new theory and win the Nobel prize, or are you going to use it to solve the world's economic/hunger/political problems and win the Nobel prize?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: