• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Charles Manson ENFP

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It can go both ways.
No, most seem to agree that psychopaths are born with a defect in their brains while sociopathy is caused by an abusive upbringing, parental neglect etc.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
No, most seem to agree that psychopaths are born with a defect in their brains while sociopathy is caused by an abusive upbringing, parental neglect etc.

They are essentially the same thing.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First off some people aren't born being psychopaths, some people develop the trait from an abusive upbringing as in Chrales Manson case who was abandoned by his parents. So they need to be ruthless and unsympathetic to survive in their environment. I don't see the connection between a ruthless criminal and not having a personality, that's like saying you lost your right arm so you can't play soccer. Psychopaths still have a functional preference; psychopaths like Anthony Hopkins in in the silence of the lamb films are much more intuitive/thinking, while others are more feeling or impulsive. So yes they have a personality 100%. To say psychopaths only have "Id's" is also false that would put them at the intellectual level of animals. There have been many in the past including dictators like Adolf Hitler who carry out specific plans and strategies to eliminate people.

It is pretty-much a done deal by six years old, if someone is to be a psychopath or a sociopath. You've been watching too many movies. Psychopaths only have id. They still have the capacity to learn through observation and reading, and such. Sure, they can develop different skills, be born with different genes, and they develop different preferences. They have different drives and motivations from normal people.

It's a subject that needs to be studied and not reasoned. There is no reasoning to it. It's like saying a pig isn't a pig.

Sociopaths are also all id. They do not have an ego or superego.

A

Anew Leaf

You can still type these kinds of people.

Some of them are super organized, premeditating kinds of killers. Others are disorganized, randomly choose targets, etc. Some live alone and keep to themselves. Others regale in the company of others.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It is pretty-much a done deal by six years old, if someone is to be a psychopath or a sociopath. You've been watching too many movies. Psychopaths only have id. They still have the capacity to learn through observation and reading, and such.

It's a subject that needs to be studied and not reasoned. There is no reasoning to it. It's like saying a pig isn't a pig.

False, sociopaths are known to be shaped by their environment while psychopaths are known to be born that way, however there is a still a nature/nuture debate between the two. To say a psychopath has no ego is just straight out fail you are putting them at level of animals which they are not they are able to carry out plans and pursue intellectual pursuits like Charles Manson or Hitler.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can still type these kinds of people.

Some of them are super organized, premeditating kinds of killers. Others are disorganized, randomly choose targets, etc. Some live alone and keep to themselves. Others regale in the company of others.

Yes, you can type how you think they are acting. The deal is, though, that it will generally be inconsistent, since it isn't based on a real personality type. They can learn to imitate many people, and many actions, quite easily compared to a normal person.
There are antisocial types, which do determine some features:
ovetous antisocial - variant of the pure pattern where individuals feel that life has not given them their due.
reputation-defending antisocial - including narcissistic features
risk-taking antisocial - including histrionic features
nomadic antisocial - including schizoid, avoidant features
malevolent antisocial - including sadistic, paranoid features.

False, sociopaths are known to be shaped by their environment while psychopaths are known to be born that way, however there is a still a nature/nuture debate between the two. To say a psychopath has no ego is just straight out fail you are putting them at level of animals which they are not they are able to carry out plans and pursue intellectual pursuits like Charles Manson or Hitler.

Go study. I lived with fucking two sociopaths for 14 years, I should know. I've studied it, and observed it. Yes, there is a nature/nurture debate, and I tend to think it is a combination of the two generally, just like borderline personality disorder, which I had. However, the deed is finished early. The most important time is from birth to two years old for them, and if development has not happened, it's looking grim. By six, it's generally a done-deal. That's one reason you see conduct disorders, and kids going to juvenile detention halls early-on. APD isn't claimed until adulthood generally when they can diagnose it, that doesn't mean it doesn't already exist within the individual. Hitler was not a sociopath, i don't think, but I tend to use real life examples and not movies I've watched, to determine the truth.

My ex was extremely crafty and intelligent. The lack of ego and superego does not determine intelligence. It's a different animal. There are specifics that, just like normal human beings, seem unreasonable.

KDude

I think he's a Fe type easily. He's too inclined to affect to be Fi imo. I think FPs have a different sense of other people's space.

And not necessarily a strong Fe "user" btw. Could be ESTP.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yes, you can type how you think they are acting. The deal is, though, that it will generally be inconsistent, since it isn't based on a real personality type. They can learn to imitate many people, and many actions, quite easily compared to a normal person.
ovetous antisocial - variant of the pure pattern where individuals feel that life has not given them their due.

Go study. I lived with fucking two sociopaths for 14 years, I should know. I've studied it, and observed it.

Yeah because you lived with 2 sociopaths for 14 years your logic on how sociopaths/psychopaths have no personality type and are all animals somehow all make sense.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think he's a Fe type easily. He's too inclined to affect to be Fi imo. I think FPs have a different sense of other people's space.

And not necessarily a strong Fe "user" btw. Could be ESTP.

I thought he was ESTP as well, but he seems to have a great deal of intuition.

KDude

I thought he was ESTP as well, but he seems to have a great deal of intuition.

But it's the kind of screwy intuition that I've noticed a little in stressed ESPs. Or even myself - when I took LSD. sigh

It's hard to explain.. There was actually a good description of inferior Ni on the Lenore Thomson/Greenlight Wiki, but the site seems to be down. It basically boiled down to hardcore egoism, and gleaning mystical meanings out of the smallest things. Like he did with the whole Helter Skelter interpretation. And unlike Ne, he's isn't exactly all over the place. He gets fixated - and as we know, wanted to carry it out in all it's brutality. He'd never stop and entertain another scenario.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You can't type motivation in this instance (psychopaths). So it all bleeds into stereotypes.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
But it's the kind of screwy intuition that I've noticed a little in stressed ESPs. Or even myself - when I took LSD. sigh

It's hard to explain.. There was actually a good description of inferior Ni on the Lenore Thomson/Greenlight Wiki, but the site seems to be down. It basically boiled down to hardcore egoism, and gleaning mystical meanings out of the smallest things. Like he did with the whole Helter Skelter interpretation. And unlike Ne, he's isn't exactly all over the place. He gets fixated - and as we know, wanted to carry it out in all it's brutality. He'd never stop and entertain another scenario.

I don't think fixation has anything to do with functions though. I seem some interviews with him on youtube and he seems hellbent on the bigger picture of how humanity is destroying our planet, how our political system is corrupt etc so he feels an urge to make some sort of difference. Unfortunately that difference is purely negative and destructive.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Go study. I lived with fucking two sociopaths for 14 years, I should know. I've studied it, and observed it. Yes, there is a nature/nurture debate, and I tend to think it is a combination of the two generally, just like borderline personality disorder, which I had. However, the deed is finished early. The most important time is from birth to two years old for them, and if development has not happened, it's looking grim. By six, it's generally a done-deal. That's one reason you see conduct disorders, and kids going to juvenile detention halls early-on. APD isn't claimed until adulthood generally when they can diagnose it, that doesn't mean it doesn't already exist within the individual. Hitler was not a sociopath, i don't think, but I tend to use real life examples and not movies I've watched, to determine the truth.

My ex was extremely crafty and intelligent. The lack of ego and superego does not determine intelligence. It's a different animal. There are specifics that, just like normal human beings, seem unreasonable.

"Hitler was in a movie and he is not a sociopath/psychopath". -Icup's logic this should be my new signature. I don't know how a lack of ego and superego has to do with being a psychopath if anything they are purely acting out on their ego. I still think you can develop these behaviors past 6 years old, most likely in the teenage years is when it really begins. you don't see many 6-10 year olds killing anybody.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Hitler was in a movie and he is not a sociopath/psychopath". -Icup's logic this should be my new signature. I don't know how a lack of ego and superego has to do with being a psychopath if anything they are purely acting out on their ego. I still think you can develop these behaviors past 6 years old, most likely in the teenage years is when it really begins. you don't see many 6-10 year olds killing anybody.

Now I remember why I had you on ignore. Go read a fucking book before you open your irritating, uneducated mouth.
Amazing how retarded some of the istp guys are......

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Now I remember why I had you on ignore. Go read a fucking book before you open your irritating, uneducated mouth.
Amazing how retarded some of the istp guys are......

Win. LOL Icups logic - "someobody doesn't agree with me therefore I must insult them to get my way"

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you seen this documentary [MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION]?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iENo3wibvuw&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1318527358

I find it hard to type him.

Mostly the vibe I get from him is that he'd been hardened by the hard times he's been through and learned to be whatever he needed to be to get what he wanted. But yeah I see the Ne...it's demented Ne though. Or maybe he was just paranoia like a caged wild animal which caused him to imagine things (Ni?).

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Win. LOL Icups logic - "someobody doesn't agree with me therefore I must insult them to get my way"

I'm simply being honest concerning my thoughts lately. Why lie? Yes, you're annoying to me, because you assume you are right without using resources, enough to argue a point. For me, it's like arguing with a first-grader, when I am in 6th grade. Yes, apple is spelled a-p-p-l-e, I promise.

If you insult other's logic, expect to receive the same in return. I don't see what that has to do with getting "my way". What way am I supposed to be getting here? What reward will I receive?

Sorry. Now, I'm going back to ignoring you.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm simply being honest concerning my thoughts lately. Why lie? Yes, you're annoying to me, because you assume you are right without using resources, enough to argue a point. For me, it's like arguing with a first-grader, when I am in 6th grade. Yes, apple is spelled a-p-p-l-e, I promise.

If you insult other's logic, expect to receive the same in return. I don't see what that has to do with getting "my way". What way am I supposed to be getting here? What reward will I receive?

Sorry. Now, I'm going back to ignoring you.

win-win.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Have you seen this documentary [MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION]?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iENo3wibvuw&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1318527358

I find it hard to type him.

Mostly the vibe I get from him is that he'd been hardened by the hard times he'd been through and learned to be whatever he needed to be to get what he wanted. But yeah I see the Ne...it's demented Ne though. Or maybe he was just paranoia like a caged wild animal which causes him to imagine things (Ni?).

I think he has demented Ne, although it is Ne nonetheless. His harsh upbringing is a good sign of nature shaping who he later became.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, yeah, I'm seeing what jix means now with typing him as ENFP gone horribly wrong. I can totally see it now. Ne-Fi :yes:

Nothing else makes sense.

As a side note: if he were an ENTP instead, I wonder what that would have looked like.