User Tag List

First 12

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

One common theme I noticed among NFs is that we tend to be very sentimental and sympathetic.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    An interest in the workings of human relationships, I'd say.
    Is that something that's unique to NFs though, or simply a human trait?
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    An interest in the workings of human relationships, I'd say.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Higher interest in human dynamics, as Silk Road said. Yeah, we all have that, but I think it's the primary focus of many NF's. When I think of "NF" that's normally what I think of- where that's not what I think about when I think of the other three.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    and...

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Higher interest in human dynamics, as Silk Road said. Yeah, we all have that, but I think it's the primary focus of many NF's. When I think of "NF" that's normally what I think of- where that's not what I think about when I think of the other three.
    I agree with what shortsie said. I would never suggest that ONLY NFs are interested in human dynamics, obviously many (most?) people in other types are as well. But I would say it's a defining NF thing in that I don't really see how you can be NF and NOT have it, and perhaps to a greater extent than at least the "average" representative of many other types.

I mean, I do think there are people out there who have very little interest in human relations/dynamics. But they are not likely to be NFs.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

On a bare MBTI test, an NF would be someone who answered on the N and F sides a majority of the time.

Outside of this self-assessment, I think it would be difficult to develop a single litmus test to qualify someone. One person may have on T characteristic in certain situation, and later decide with their heart.

So I see that many of the questions on the MBTI are too limiting, and do not apply to every situation. Some could be divided into dozens or hundreds of different situations, depending on the individual, and their relationship to that particular situation they might answer differently.

Since I tested close to the center for F/T, it was very difficult for me. I had to read as many personal stories as I could, and then compare weight of numerous moments of my own life, and then recount several times.

Yet, even so, I have to be other personality at work, or use all cognitive functions, not just the ones that I prefer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

we're all idealist. we don't view the world simply as it is but assign a deeper meaning and significance. we view the world and the people in it by the way it/they can be. we focus on potential...we strive for ideal.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    we're all idealist. we don't view the world simply as it is but assign a deeper meaning and significance. we view the world and the people in it by the way it/they can be. we focus on potential...we strive for ideal.
    Really well said. I like this + the higher-than-average-interest-in-human-interaction.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh, I like this one. It seems wherever I go...on my jobs...I see a better or more perfect way it could be, and it's like a quest to make it that way or obsess about it.

For example, in my last job, I took care of a Japanese Garden, and I kept desiring more materials to replace the fence after the hurricanes. The budget was small, but the books on Japanese Gardens included fences and all kinds of materials. I couldn't make it like the books on that budget. Making it like the books would take millions of dollars.

So wherever I go, I have a difference between "my idea" and "reality." I basically have a choice about whether I let that destroy me or not. Five years after I quit, I toured the garden, and they still hadn't gotten the fence.

Nowadays I realize this discrepancy is within me. Sometimes talking about "the wrong" is like teaching a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it irritates the pig. Sometimes after years of negotiation, they realize my vision is best, but sometimes I need to adjust my level of caring back to the point where I'm a smidgen on the side of happiness.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]