User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    How dare you men think so low of yourself! I'd rather a tough, tenderhearted teddy bear than a punk, thug action figure!

Edit: I'm not trying to be ugly. It's just that maybe I'm not getting why you guys are selling yourself short when you shouldn't be. Maybe it's just an assertion issue. (Thankyou Evan.) Or maybe a fear of getting hurt, too.
    The problem I see is that "tenderhearted teddy bears" are often automatically associated with being very empathic. I dont see that, in all cases to be an automatic connection.

The more assertive punk types then, who happen to be empathetic are most often automatically associated to be non-empathetic. So are for example tough-minded INTJs types. And what comes to my mind about this is that actually its the superficiality of people that makes them think like that. If they were more empathetic this problem wouldnt persist.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

NF men, don't you ever wish you weren't so empathetic?

hehe, see what I did there?

Joke, of course...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm realizing that I'm losing pieces of my empathy every day and I'm liking it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Wait, what about NF Females? Just have to say that this makes sense for us too! I'd love to be more thick-skinned, do better in conflict (both lay down the law a little more strongly, as well as hate it less), and be more certain of what I think rather than dwelling in nuance so much. I have an ESTJ mother-in-law, and it is really helping me see what it's like to be an NF in comparison to her personality. I'm not talking about all ESTJs being very, very different from all NFs, but just that me and her are worlds apart in how we see things and what we prioritize.

All this being said, I REALLY wish there were more NFs in my inner circle...

@nebbykoo -- source? The mirror neurons idea is really interesting!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    Wait, what about NF Females? Just have to say that this makes sense for us too! I'd love to be more thick-skinned, do better in conflict (both lay down the law a little more strongly, as well as hate it less), and be more certain of what I think rather than dwelling in nuance so much. I have an ESTJ mother-in-law, and it is really helping me see what it's like to be an NF in comparison to her personality. I'm not talking about all ESTJs being very, very different from all NFs, but just that me and her are worlds apart in how we see things and what we prioritize.

All this being said, I REALLY wish there were more NFs in my inner circle...

@nebbykoo -- source? The mirror neurons idea is really interesting!
    I don't have a link (sorry). I think it's in an article about Dario Nardi. It may be posted somewhere here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If I were less empathetic I'd be somebody else. It felt like a curse growing up but has evolved into a source of strength in my daily life navigating the other meatbags. Frustration from a perceived lack of empathy in others can be overwhelming but an ability to clearly communicate emotional understanding is an asset. To answer the subject title, I've wished for it but it didn't change much. I'm mostly okay with me today.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Please don't stop being empathetic.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I'm realizing that I'm losing pieces of my empathy every day and I'm liking it.
    On second thought, I wonder if that empathy can be used as a weapon.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It boring to be laughed at all the time. I'm strong enough not to let it affect me but, in those quiet moments, I do sometimes think "I wish I didn't care for people that don't really care for me."

It's simply that there are different levels of care.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.