User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    This can't be applied typically to all NFs. FPs and FJs are the difference in this such case and so empathetic anchoring falls to Fi where Sympathetic adherence falls to Fe.

In one-to-one situations Fi users will speak to an individual and fully empathise and understand what the individual would be going through but would not be able to show strong affection to the other individual many times.

As for the Fe user, they may not feel as the other person does with empathy and so their understanding comes from the emotion shown at the given time allowing them to be able to sympathise and care for the other.
    I agree, I dont have the impression as well that NF people are automatically empathic. Most of them, on the contrary, rather appear to be slow on the uptake
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I agree, I dont have the impression as well that NF people are automatically empathic. Most of them, on the contrary, rather appear to be slow on the uptake
    I agree too.
    I am an INFP and I think that this type it's kinda prone to be self-absorbed.

I feel empathy very often, but I am not a charitable and altruistic person.
    It's hard for me to understand the feelings of a person when I am upset or hurt by him. I think this is very Fi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The interesting about empathy in me is that when I'm having a rough time, my first instinct is to not feel sorry for myself and get back in the game. So if I empathise with somebody else who is having a rough time my first instinct is to tell them to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get back in the game. I'm getting better with understand that people process differently, but empathy doesn't make me any less jerky.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

The types that (allegedly) have the most ‘mirror neurons’ are ENFJ and INFP, in that order.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

How dare you men think so low of yourself! I'd rather a tough, tenderhearted teddy bear than a punk, thug action figure!

Edit: I'm not trying to be ugly. It's just that maybe I'm not getting why you guys are selling yourself short when you shouldn't be. Maybe it's just an assertion issue. (Thankyou Evan.) Or maybe a fear of getting hurt, too.
    Last edited by Turtledove; 10-08-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I've gotten better at asserting myself, but I still constantly wonder if I did the right thing right after making a stand. It's less crippling for me now than it once was, but I have a long path ahead of me -- one day I hope to be comfortable with extraverting my preferences.

I look at other people and am constantly awed by how easy it is for them to say what they want and not spend hours agonizing over everything afterward. There are a few people I know that seem as sensitive in this regard as I am, but it can't be more than 1/20.

So, yeah. It's really annoying.

Another interesting part of it is that I've gotten really good at putting on a face -- what I mean is, I don't think most people I interact with have any idea what's going on behind the scenes. I somehow look like I don't have this problem, which is a double edged sword.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I've gotten better at asserting myself, but I still constantly wonder if I did the right thing right after making a stand. It's less crippling for me now than it once was, but I have a long path ahead of me -- one day I hope to be comfortable with extraverting my preferences.
    Agreed 100%. That self-censor, self-critic can be tuned out but never be silenced
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I think there's 2 different questions being asked here. Do I hope to be less empathetic? No, I very much value empathy, I think it should be a trait everyone has. Do I wish that I can shrug of the bad stuff more? Yes, but that's not exactly empathy. Sorry if I misunderstood your question, but if you're only worried about part 1 of my answer then my answer is no. Hell no.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yes, oh how I wish I could be more of a T sometimes. I wouldn't want to hurt somebody, but it would be really helpful not to feel people's emotions so much.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I sometimes wish I could turn it on/off, sometimes it's totally pointless to care what other people might be feeling about something insignificant. At other times it motivates and inspires me.

I often feel my touchy feely side stops me from being "one of the lads" in certain circles but then it's also nice to be different.