• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Tough Minded INFP?

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi!!! I'm new here. I'm from Chile so, sorry if i make some mistakes in my writing and correct me if I make one to make my english a little better but I will put my best to make it more legible :D

I consider myself a INFP for sure. But in many times I being called "Strong willed" or "Confrontational". This contradicts the INFP standard profile.
I consider myself overly emotional and very sensitive but sometimes when I get upset (that happens easily in me) I become like an erupting volcano with some people.

My F and N are my most balanced functions and I think that I have some similarities between some ISTPs and ISFPs that I know. But this is in the external world. Because I consider myself a dreamer.

In the enneagram I am betweem the 4w5 or 6w5 (somewhat cp but not totally).
And my stacking is sp/sx or sx/sp this two are pretty close and the social faaaaar away.

There is in this forum some INFPs that consider themselves confrontational or agressive in some ways??

Cheers :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i tend not to be confrontational or aggressive, but i can have my moments. infp descriptions can make us sound way too docile for my liking. maybe it's an sx-first thing? or a 4 thing? i don't know. i definitely can hold my own and fight back when it's needed. i think i've become nicer as i've gotten older, because i was more argumentative and conflict-seeking when i was a teenager.

my best friend called me a tough bitch and a hardass recently. i got a kick out of that lol.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
A long time INFP friend of mine can be fairly cantankerous. It is usually when he feels somebody is picking a fight with him or is trying to fuck him over he gets over the edge, and I have to talk him out of it. Otherwise, he's really mellow and friendly.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know a couple of extreme INFPs who were right little punks when they were younger.

It's a failure of the type descriptions, I think. Not every INFP is a fairy princess.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To me it's kinda a contradiction in my self
Because I can be very brutal and extremely sarcastic sometimes.
But in my inner self there is a sensitive a dreamy boy who always cries when is threatened.
I can seem very 8ish sometimes, asertive, very posesive, self confident and somewhat grounded and detached.
And in other times very feely, weak, unasertive ( Im not sure if this word is well writen) and kind.
Woody Allen and Tim Burton are frequently typed as INFP and I don't feel very identified by them. I always felt somewhat related to Keith Richards who I think is a ISTP, he haves the attitude that I developed to protect myself.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Because I can be very brutal and extremely sarcastic sometimes.
But in my inner self there is a sensitive a dreamy boy who always cries when is threatened.
I can seem very 8ish sometimes, asertive, very posesive, self confident and somewhat grounded and detached.
And in other times very feely, weak, unasertive ( Im not sure if this word is well writen) and kind.

Hold me.

Hold me and never let go:cry:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hold me.

Hold me and never let go:cry:

Why the heck am I imagining the Titanic soundtrack playing in the background here??? :D

I think the explanation for the strong/weak-willed is pretty straightforward. INFPs put "values on things". Some things they value very highly, so highly that it seems part of them and when these things are threatened, they never back down even when they are in the minority view.

On the other hand, there are the majority of things that the INFP barely cares about and can just roll with things. That makes them very good confidants because they can see the other person's point of view is as valid as their own. But the drawback is that it makes INFPs seem meek and soft because they tend not to push their own feelings, and would defer to the preference of the other party in these situations.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've known plenty of what I call "Te'd" INFP's. They're dictatorial and strict; they also have these forcefully hardened face like everyone is out to get them or something. But you can also see that it's a sensitive exterior.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sweet and nice.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I consider myself INFP rather than INXP, but I'm close to the center. I think I've had lots of therapy now, so perhaps I'm more mellow. I still get angry, but I have a lot more control over how it is expressed. I'm 40.

I work at a fish hatchery. I guess every year I kill around 200,000 fish that aren't pretty enough to be sold, plus kill anything that eats the fish. I jump in the water, grab snakes and kill them with my bare hands.

Sometimes I have to make schedules, tell people what to do, how to do it, and then criticize them when it's not done well enough.

Etc.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a common complaint from INFPs, that profiles paint them much sweeter & softer than they are, and if you read Jung's Fi description, then you'll see how the profiles are off the mark. He describes a self-contained, aloof person resistant to influence from others, who can seem dismissive towards them even, and who has strong ideas they believe in but don't express easily. I don't know how the gooey, lovey dovey INFP stereotype was born. I think it's possibly Isabel Myers' interpretation, as she seems to have seen herself that way (I think she is an e9 also, for what that's worth), and Keirsey's caricature of NF's as these Mother Theresa types.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
There is in this forum some INFPs that consider themselves confrontational or agressive in some ways??

Cheers :D

Hi Richardsen.
Yes, I'm one of those you describe. Have you ever seen Lonesome Dove Tommy Lee Jones plays a Texas ranger and says in one scene "I can't stand rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it." After he beats the man for messing with his son. I can relate.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm nice to everyone who talks to me, but people always tell me they initially found me intimidating & unapproachable. I'm pretty diminutive physically, so I think it's probably my eyebrows, my mom always said my face would freeze into a scowl if I did it too much, maybe she was right.

But I'm very nice & harmless; I don't take issue with any of those online descriptions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
stubborn perfectly plays into the infp profile. there wasnt just someone to say it yet :)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
My parents said that my first word was, "No."