First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Hold me.

Hold me and never let go
    Why the heck am I imagining the Titanic soundtrack playing in the background here???

I think the explanation for the strong/weak-willed is pretty straightforward. INFPs put "values on things". Some things they value very highly, so highly that it seems part of them and when these things are threatened, they never back down even when they are in the minority view.

On the other hand, there are the majority of things that the INFP barely cares about and can just roll with things. That makes them very good confidants because they can see the other person's point of view is as valid as their own. But the drawback is that it makes INFPs seem meek and soft because they tend not to push their own feelings, and would defer to the preference of the other party in these situations.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I've known plenty of what I call "Te'd" INFP's. They're dictatorial and strict; they also have these forcefully hardened face like everyone is out to get them or something. But you can also see that it's a sensitive exterior.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm not sweet and nice.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I consider myself INFP rather than INXP, but I'm close to the center. I think I've had lots of therapy now, so perhaps I'm more mellow. I still get angry, but I have a lot more control over how it is expressed. I'm 40.

I work at a fish hatchery. I guess every year I kill around 200,000 fish that aren't pretty enough to be sold, plus kill anything that eats the fish. I jump in the water, grab snakes and kill them with my bare hands.

Sometimes I have to make schedules, tell people what to do, how to do it, and then criticize them when it's not done well enough.

Etc.

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Hold me.

Hold me and never let go

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This is a common complaint from INFPs, that profiles paint them much sweeter & softer than they are, and if you read Jung's Fi description, then you'll see how the profiles are off the mark. He describes a self-contained, aloof person resistant to influence from others, who can seem dismissive towards them even, and who has strong ideas they believe in but don't express easily. I don't know how the gooey, lovey dovey INFP stereotype was born. I think it's possibly Isabel Myers' interpretation, as she seems to have seen herself that way (I think she is an e9 also, for what that's worth), and Keirsey's caricature of NF's as these Mother Theresa types.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    There is in this forum some INFPs that consider themselves confrontational or agressive in some ways??

Cheers
    Hi Richardsen.
    Yes, I'm one of those you describe. Have you ever seen Lonesome Dove Tommy Lee Jones plays a Texas ranger and says in one scene "I can't stand rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it." After he beats the man for messing with his son. I can relate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm nice to everyone who talks to me, but people always tell me they initially found me intimidating & unapproachable. I'm pretty diminutive physically, so I think it's probably my eyebrows, my mom always said my face would freeze into a scowl if I did it too much, maybe she was right.

But I'm very nice & harmless; I don't take issue with any of those online descriptions.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

stubborn perfectly plays into the infp profile. there wasnt just someone to say it yet
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My parents said that my first word was, "No."