User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default ENFPs & INFPs: Our Relationship

There's not much on this forum about this relationship so I thought I'd ask what you make of it?

I'm a big fan of ENFPs, I must say. They're always very cheery. I think they like INFPs but I'm not sure why (hence my question). I think it might have something to do with being laid-back and a bit caustic...
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    There's not much on this forum about this relationship so I thought I'd ask what you make of it?

I'm a big fan of ENFPs, I must say. They're always very cheery. I think they like INFPs but I'm not sure why (hence my question). I think it might have something to do with being laid-back and a bit caustic...
    I know I am
    lots of ENFPs (self included) are pretty much wannabe INFPs. INFPs are innocent, pure, cuddly and don't have the overwhelming urges to do/say something stupid that ENFPs have, pretty much they are everything some (but not all) ENFPs wish they were. likewise, ENFPs are more assertive, sociable, cheerful and charismatic, so I can see our appeal to INFPs. plus we have the added bonus of saying everything you think so that you don't have to
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

what's the prob??? I love you guys! what i love about you guys? i look at you, you make me call down, inspect the feeling of the moment and focus on what matters/genuine. you're like the no bullshit guys, let's go back to emotion. and me, i make you laugh and drop the intensity of your feelings. and just live the intensity of the moment. we're a great couple, ENFP and INFPs

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

One of my best/oldest friends is ENFP. We're not exactly the same, but there is enough in common to keep us friends for a very long time.
    And it is about the differences: I'm quieter and more shy, he is bold and quiet extroverted, but those things complement each other.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

he's my valium and i'm his happy pills haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do ENFPs find that INFPs auxiliary Ne "turns them on"? Is it like speaking the same language and, therefore, making less of an effort?

I like ENFP optimism, the way they can see the bright side to all situations and cheer me up.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I wub INFP's, i sometimes think i am more like them than other ENFP's. When INFP's are comfy i have have great bouncy ball convo's with them and yeah they get me. The more comfy the situation the more abstract and obscure and silly the talk can get, i like this. Plus INFP's have a great innocent flirt about them, and they ALL have big doey eyes which seem to scream (sing it) rescue me.
    Hmmm, what else... i think in general ENFP's do love to council and advise emotionally and INFP's seem to have a never ending flow of self doubt and/or worries that we can thrive on curing, or at least attempting to.
    Oh and INFP's can get all kick assy and be all objective intp whilst (at the same time) retaining emotional attachment which just rocks.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENFP

It's been a while since I've spent time with an INFP, but I've had two friends that were definitely INFP. My E is quite low so I didn't bother them as much as some ENFPs I know did. I liked that they were laid back and warm and I admired their creativity and intelligence, I would get overwhelmed by all the feelings flying around sometimes, though. Overall, they're wonderful though

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Only after I learned about MBTI did I learn that my two best friends were INFPs. I certainly didn't pick them because they were INFPs. We just picked each other because it felt right. So I can speak from personal experience that INFPs and I get along great. Love you guys.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I know I am
    lots of ENFPs (self included) are pretty much wannabe INFPs. INFPs are innocent, pure, cuddly and don't have the overwhelming urges to do/say something stupid that ENFPs have, pretty much they are everything some (but not all) ENFPs wish they were. likewise, ENFPs are more assertive, sociable, cheerful and charismatic, so I can see our appeal to INFPs. plus we have the added bonus of saying everything you think so that you don't have to
    That's not true. I just barely make the extroverted line and would much rather be on that side of things, I've always had question of introversion (with wanna be extroversion.)

On the OP topic, I get along fine with them- communication is natural, doesn't seem to be any barriers at all. I almost take them for granted, they are a comfort zone/no conflict type for me. They don't stop me from being myself. Emotional nudity.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.