• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs & INFPs: Our Relationship

MBTI Type
Mann
This thread makes me lol...Hm, let's see I believe most of my friends are ENFPs. It's nice to have friendships with you can talk about deep subjects and then can have a case of the goofies with a dash of ADVENTURRRRRE!!!
Yes, Adventure is the key to my Ne. New shiny.
my best friend is an enfp, i feel like when we're together sometimes we get in this hyper crazy mode where we're speaking our own language that nobody else really understands.
I feel this with ENFP too, esp in person.

The longer I know someone the less taxing they seem to become because I don't have to hold up walls with them as often. With ENFPs the walls last a very short period of time, and the conversation is very fulfilling in that it is understood to a high degree and is nearly effortless.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Do ENFPs find that INFPs auxiliary Ne "turns them on"? Is it like speaking the same language and, therefore, making less of an effort?

Don't know about the "turn on" but I do find talking to INFP's quite refreshing when they let their Ne loose. ;) If they keep the reserved "Fi face" it is very difficult trying to find a "common tune" with INFPs because they don't give anything to you to feel connected to. But I generally enjoy INFP's company, it's very easy company. But I would say all NFP's are quite horrible company after a strong negative emotion storm...

I like ENFP optimism, the way they can see the bright side to all situations and cheer me up.

We are not always so positive... ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You take typology too far.

No I really don't. The number of INFP males who make me want to slam their faces in the wall simply by posting is completely off the charts. And the reason why it's so much more bothersome than an NT being directly condescending or even aggressive is because it gives me the same feeling of nails on a chalkboard...the passive-aggressiveness of it makes me want to throw things. Sometimes I get the nails on the chalkboard feeling even when they aren't trying to be shitty...it's unfathomable to me that a group of males could irritate me so much just by being themselves.

And I think I recently encountered an IRL equivalent and his whiny behavior and self-absorption was incredibly unattractive. I despise passive or whiny men. The only thing worse is a fat chauvinistic ESTP running around loudly calling women "broads."

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This ridiculous pettiness is one of the reasons I rarely frequent TypeC; it really is the board's undoing.

Let's just keep it on topic. There's no need for unpleasantness from anyone.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I really don't. The number of INFP males who make me want to slam their faces in the wall simply by posting is completely off the charts. And the reason why it's so much more bothersome than an NT being directly condescending or even aggressive is because it gives me the same feeling of nails on a chalkboard...the passive-aggressiveness of it makes me want to throw things. Sometimes I get the nails on the chalkboard feeling even when they aren't trying to be shitty...it's unfathomable to me that a group of males could irritate me so much just by being themselves.

And I think I recently encountered an IRL equivalent and his whiny behavior and self-absorption was incredibly unattractive. I despise passive or whiny men. The only thing worse is a fat chauvinistic ESTP running around loudly calling women "broads."

Really? I don't see that whining at all around here. I love the INFP males :) They are sweet.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? I don't see that whining at all around here. I love the INFP males :) They are sweet.

I didn't say every single one of them, but yes, there is an obscene number and it's not just on this web site.

He said I take typology too far, and I'm just sharing my experience. Actually it extends past INFP into ENFP or INFJ sometimes (though I sometimes suspect they're actually mistyped INFPs).

It's weird that the women rarely bother me, though. And that I can like some of the guys who are cool as platonic friends.

So it's really just that I find them very unattractive, for some reason. It's the nails on the chalkboard thing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's also quite telling that two of the most irritating INFPs who questioned me are two of the ones who routinely bother me.

I don't think this is a coincidence.

That's what I mean by "passive aggressive."

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't say every single one of them, but yes, there is an obscene number and it's not just on this web site.

He said I take typology too far, and I'm just sharing my experience. Actually it extends past INFP into ENFP or INFJ sometimes (though I sometimes suspect they're actually mistyped INFPs).

It's weird that the women rarely bother me, though. And that I can like some of the guys who are cool as platonic friends.

So it's really just that I find them very unattractive, for some reason. It's the nails on the chalkboard thing.

Hmmm.. I really don't care if you find my posts sexy.. but I'm I chalkboard person? Just asking, straight up.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm.. I really don't care if you find my posts sexy.. but I'm I chalkboard person? Just asking, straight up.

Sometimes yes you are.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Goodbye thread for ENFP's and INFP's. It was a nice four pages.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes yes you are.

Thought so. It's not the sentiment, but the uncertainty that bugs me. There we have it. (Did that irritate you more, or less? Nevermind, don't answer that) :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I never threatened violence on anyone, and those guys coulda dropped it, but nooooo.

I'll stay away. My original post was only to point out this phenomenon in myself when I questioned being ENFP for a long, long long long time (it's the only type I could be but xSFP)....and then I came back to say that I love some INFPs IRL.

I just shouldn't have responded to what was said to me subsequently, and I won't do so from now on.

E

Epiphany

It's also quite telling that two of the most irritating INFPs who questioned me are two of the ones who routinely bother me.

I don't think this is a coincidence.

That's what I mean by "passive aggressive."

It's quite telling that you routinely misuse the term passive-agressive. How's that working out for you? Making up your own vocabulary? I'm sure it makes your illogical arguments seem more credible.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry to ruin it, but she does go to far.

Well next time I'll just say I don't like you instead of your type, but since that's a personal attack, I'd better not.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Well next time I'll just say I don't like you instead of your type, but since that's a personal attack, I'd better not.

Now it coms out. If I told you that I'm 50/50 E/I, would you suddenly like me, sine type tells you everything?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Now it coms out. If I told you that I'm 50/50 E/I, would you suddenly like me, sine type tells you everything?

No I don't suddenly like or dislike people because of their type. It's nice that you took my little joke about how Moniker thinks it's cool to personally attack me because I don't want to date INFP males as some confirmation of your suspicion that I hate YOU because you simply list INFP as your type. Give me a break.

It's fantastic to me that people could be so offended by me noticing a pattern of being deeply irritated by INFP males, and some ENFPs and INFJs.

My original post was noting this glaring fact of my life, and also noting that this may indicate I'm not ENFP since I feel this weird...sense...of being...repelled...in any sort of context of attraction. This, I felt, was extremely relevant to the OP since I typed as ENFP for so long. But none of the rest of the crap that you two started is on topic at all.

I don't date NF men as a general rule, not because I've put them in a box, but because I'm genuinely not attracted to them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's true is that everyone can be annoying...i could sit here and describe certain annoying traits of every type but that would be pointless. everyone has a dose of annoying to go with their lovely...wth are ya gonna do about it. i don't like whiny people in general but i can be whinny...hate passive aggressiveness and...i think i probably am sometimes...but nfps are lovely and thoughtful and sweet and interesting and funny and laid back and i love the ease and trust i feel with them...love how i feel like we can just be...we can be lovely and we can be flawed and feel loved and accepted just the same...like two best friends laughing at their absurd tragedies...there's extreme comfort in that...being understood...felt...empathized with...they're the only ones who ever really see me.