User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 80

  1. #31
    Senior Member Turtledove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think most INFPs have a hidden goofy side that's hard to reach for most people, but ENFPs know just how to do it. once they're opened up though, confident INFPs can be like ENFPs except in a more subtle, charming way
    I believe it! It takes the right type to do it.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

  2. #32
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    mmm ok, i kinda see what you mean. i have the same problem with my Ne. However....that would mean INFP's are ALWAYS feeling something? That seems quite exhausting, or? So the dominant function of every type is a function they can never shut off? Very interesting....
    What else do you know about functions? ......I have the wish to kidnap you and sit you at my dinner table so you can tell me EVERYTHING you know (sorry if i'm derailing the thread peeps )

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    functional strength =/= dominance
    functional strength =/= preference
    I am a very strong Fi user, but I am an Ne dom because I just can't turn it off. there are constant ideas, comparisons and connections forming and spinning around in my head and I feel an annoying strong urge to share them when they do come up. the main way I can tell I'm ENFP is because Te is also much easier for me than Si and I use Ne and Te together tirelessly.
    ENFP functional preference is Ne>Fi>Te>Si
    but several ENFPs in terms of function strength can be
    - Ne>Fi>Te>Si
    - Fi>Ne>Te>Si
    - Ne>Te>Fi>Si
    or even
    - Ne>Fi>Si>Te
    as well as other functional strength combinations

    @Hazashin is an example of an INFP with stronger Si than Ne.

  3. #33
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    mmm ok, i kinda see what you mean. i have the same problem with my Ne. However....that would mean INFP's are ALWAYS feeling something? That seems quite exhausting, or?
    Remember that feeling does not mean emotion....it means rational reasoning, as opposed to being aware connections & possibilities. Yes, INFPs tend to be more prone to evaluating, forming lines of reasoning to explain things, and retreating inward to examine the connections/possibilities they see. That's why they're generally less action-oriented than ENFPs, who are pursuing possibilities in real time, sometimes at the expense of not reasoning them through first.

    But yes, it can be tiring to think that heavily all the time.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #34
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    I believe it! It takes the right type to do it.
    if an ENFP can do this to you, you're probably INFP over INFJ. INFJs are more likely to think ENFPs are selfish and annoying, INFPs tend to see them as funny and someone able to speak the same language as them
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Just in case anyone thinks I was talking shit about INFPs in general in my earlier posts, I just want to clarify that for some reason I see them as totally unacceptable as romantic partners, but I don't think this about platonic friends.

    I have an IRL friend who I am pretty sure is an INFP 9, and she's one of the sweetest nicest people, and she has a very strong personal value about never calling people names, and she literally seems to have a light around her...her mother even said this about her, and I agree...it's like YES...she's sooooo gentle and it's very endearing. I really love her a lot.

  6. #36
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    We're pretty similar really. I find it hard to hate myself
    Chimera of Filth

    A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

  7. #37
    Senior Member Turtledove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    if an ENFP can do this to you, you're probably INFP over INFJ. INFJs are more likely to think ENFPs are selfish and annoying, INFPs tend to see them as funny and someone able to speak the same language as them
    Really? I have went on message boards by means of google and heard INFJs and ENFPs get along well. But like I said I'm assuming my friends are ENFPs. I can be wrong. I do hear of ENFPs being called "flakey" but that can't always be the case; which I understand why you say that an INFJ would say an ENFP being "selfish."
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

  8. #38
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Really? I have went on message boards by means of google and heard INFJs and ENFPs get along well. But like I said I'm assuming my friends are ENFPs. I can be wrong. I do hear of ENFPs being called "flakey" but that can't always be the case; which I understand why you say that an INFJ would say an ENFP being "selfish."
    He just says things. They can get along fine.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Turtledove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    He just says things. They can get along fine.
    XD Ohhhh... I see.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

  10. #40
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Well, I am either an INFP with really good social skills, or I am an ENFP that needs tremendous alone time. I like both groups and seem to get along with both just awesomely, however, ENFP's can get on my nerves at times. The things that bug me out about the ENFP's I've been friends with is that while they are on the same page intellectually, and we can bounce Ne forever.. they seem to be a bit shallow. They share many of the same opinions and interests, but they always come at it from more of an intellectual, detached angle (Head type 6w7 or 7w6) and they sometimes seem very afraid of dark emotions and recognizing any dark qualities in themselves, which makes me feel that at times they greatly lack self-awareness. The other thing is that dom Ne's can go bat-shit crazy with assumptins at times. They just ne it to death without ever leaning heavily on fi and saying... okay, is this TRUE though? Does it feel right? So It's not unusual for me to watch an ENFP make great errors of jugement, especially in others intentions and charactor.. which is a bit baffling because I know they can have profound insight into others motivations.

    As far as INFP's go.. I sometimes feel that they are a little too sensitive and un communicative. This REALLY sucks because I can at times be very crass in my behaviors without thinking to hold it back, and unintentionally hurt their feelers. I don't WANT to do this, but then they doorslam and I don't get the opportunity to catch it right in that moment and resolve it. So with INFP's I sometimes feel alot of unnecessary bullshit going on. But I still LOVE INFP's, and actually prefer conversations with them over ENFP's because of that dom FI.. they have highly weighed the value of their ideas, and when they talk about an idea it's not typically fluff.. they have pondered this for some time, and their ideas are often spot on.
    that's actually pretty right on and it's likely why i sometimes don't feel as feelery as my infp bf...i'm more detached from ideas than he is..meaning i sometimes need prodding to check with my fi...or just to be alone maybe but he speaks from that place first.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INFP relationship
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP self-sabotage in relationships
    By sunshinEnfp in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP v. INFP
    By Little Linguist in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
  4. [INFP] INFPs in relationships
    By Juggling69Tigers in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 05:02 PM
  5. [INFP] INFP bad relationships
    By persianeyes in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO