• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs & INFPs: Our Relationship

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why don't you take a cognitive processes test?

because the auxilary can be stronger than the dominant. I'm an ENFP too, but my Fi is better than my Ne

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, it bears mentioning that my father was an INFP.. and I am most likely reacting against a pattern of things that I've seen that affected me, and that I've chosen not to repeat.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As far as INFP's go.. I sometimes feel that they are a little too sensitive and un communicative. This REALLY sucks because I can at times be very crass in my behaviors without thinking to hold it back, and unintentionally hurt their feelers. I don't WANT to do this, but then they doorslam and I don't get the opportunity to catch it right in that moment and resolve it. So with INFP's I sometimes feel alot of unnecessary bullshit going on. But I still LOVE INFP's, and actually prefer conversations with them over ENFP's because of that dom FI.. they have highly weighed the value of their ideas, and when they talk about an idea it's not typically fluff.. they have pondered this for some time, and their ideas are often spot on.

I think you secretly love our steely silences - it makes it more worthwhile when you get us to warm up again with your irresistible affability!

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
why don't you take a cognitive processes test?

I have, like a trillion of them, lol. My Ne and Fi are always neck and neck.. my Te comes in slightly higher than my Si.. but I honestly think that there is alot of room for error in any of the tests. I type as an ENFP, I am not shy and awkward in the slightest, but I relate to the INFP's descriptions slightly more than the ENFP. I relate to INFP's behavior on forums more, and I relate to their areas of interest more. Most ENFP's I know are extremely politically focused (basing their energy on external) and I notice a much stronger spiritual bent with the INFP's (that I share). And even though my Te tests higher than si, I find that when INFp's begin to develop tertiary Si, many of them can become extremely focused on stuff like food impurities, any impurities infact, that would be viewed as taining ones body.. and I have recently moved to raw-foodism and cut waaaay back on things I see many ENFP's indulging in (like food, drink, drugs, smoke- etc) certain sensory type tasks have become very therapuetic to me, like sitting and painting, going for walks with just me and my dog in really beautiful, naturalistic areas while listening to music, has become liberating and gives me an intense high. I recall having both Ne and FI at a very early age and can't seem to figure out what function was first. I also found on a few other forums that not ALL INFP's are shy and awkward, many of them can be very loud, obnoxious, confident, and the total life of the party, they just wan't to go home afterwards where ENFP's will still be reeling and looking for more. I also type 4w3 which is much more common for INFP's, but still a fairly common typing for ENFP's, so who knows. *Shrugs*

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I also found on a few other forums that not ALL INFP's are shy and awkward, many of them can be very loud, obnoxious, confident, and the total life of the party, they just wan't to go home afterwards

We're also charming. Don't forget the charm.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
uuuuuh! wait wait wait wait.....then how do you determine if you're ENFP or INFP? the processes are the same.....right? tell all :D

because the auxilary can be stronger than the dominant. I'm an ENFP too, but my Fi is better than my Ne

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
uuuuuh! wait wait wait wait.....then how do you determine if you're ENFP or INFP? the processes are the same.....right? tell all :D

functional strength =/= dominance
functional strength =/= preference
I am a very strong Fi user, but I am an Ne dom because I just can't turn it off. there are constant ideas, comparisons and connections forming and spinning around in my head and I feel an annoying strong urge to share them when they do come up. the main way I can tell I'm ENFP is because Te is also much easier for me than Si and I use Ne and Te together tirelessly.
ENFP functional preference is Ne>Fi>Te>Si
but several ENFPs in terms of function strength can be
- Ne>Fi>Te>Si
- Fi>Ne>Te>Si
- Ne>Te>Fi>Si
or even
- Ne>Fi>Si>Te
as well as other functional strength combinations

[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION] is an example of an INFP with stronger Si than Ne.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread makes me lol...Hm, let's see I believe most of my friends are ENFPs. It's nice to have friendships with you can talk about deep subjects and then can have a case of the goofies with a dash of ADVENTURRRRRE!!!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread makes me lol...Hm, let's see I believe most of my friends are ENFPs. It's nice to have friendships with you can talk about deep subjects and then can have a case of the goofies with a dash of ADVENTURRRRRE!!!

I think most INFPs have a hidden goofy side that's hard to reach for most people, but ENFPs know just how to do it. once they're opened up though, confident INFPs can be like ENFPs except in a more subtle, charming way

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my best friend is an enfp, i feel like when we're together sometimes we get in this hyper crazy mode where we're speaking our own language that nobody else really understands.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think most INFPs have a hidden goofy side that's hard to reach for most people, but ENFPs know just how to do it. once they're opened up though, confident INFPs can be like ENFPs except in a more subtle, charming way

I believe it! It takes the right type to do it.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mmm ok, i kinda see what you mean. i have the same problem with my Ne. However....that would mean INFP's are ALWAYS feeling something? That seems quite exhausting, or? So the dominant function of every type is a function they can never shut off? Very interesting....
What else do you know about functions? ......I have the wish to kidnap you and sit you at my dinner table so you can tell me EVERYTHING you know :devil: (sorry if i'm derailing the thread peeps :whistling:)

functional strength =/= dominance
functional strength =/= preference
I am a very strong Fi user, but I am an Ne dom because I just can't turn it off. there are constant ideas, comparisons and connections forming and spinning around in my head and I feel an annoying strong urge to share them when they do come up. the main way I can tell I'm ENFP is because Te is also much easier for me than Si and I use Ne and Te together tirelessly.
ENFP functional preference is Ne>Fi>Te>Si
but several ENFPs in terms of function strength can be
- Ne>Fi>Te>Si
- Fi>Ne>Te>Si
- Ne>Te>Fi>Si
or even
- Ne>Fi>Si>Te
as well as other functional strength combinations

[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION] is an example of an INFP with stronger Si than Ne.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
mmm ok, i kinda see what you mean. i have the same problem with my Ne. However....that would mean INFP's are ALWAYS feeling something? That seems quite exhausting, or?

Remember that feeling does not mean emotion....it means rational reasoning, as opposed to being aware connections & possibilities. Yes, INFPs tend to be more prone to evaluating, forming lines of reasoning to explain things, and retreating inward to examine the connections/possibilities they see. That's why they're generally less action-oriented than ENFPs, who are pursuing possibilities in real time, sometimes at the expense of not reasoning them through first.

But yes, it can be tiring to think that heavily all the time.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe it! It takes the right type to do it.

if an ENFP can do this to you, you're probably INFP over INFJ. INFJs are more likely to think ENFPs are selfish and annoying, INFPs tend to see them as funny and someone able to speak the same language as them

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just in case anyone thinks I was talking shit about INFPs in general in my earlier posts, I just want to clarify that for some reason I see them as totally unacceptable as romantic partners, but I don't think this about platonic friends.

I have an IRL friend who I am pretty sure is an INFP 9, and she's one of the sweetest nicest people, and she has a very strong personal value about never calling people names, and she literally seems to have a light around her...her mother even said this about her, and I agree...it's like YES...she's sooooo gentle and it's very endearing. I really love her a lot.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
We're pretty similar really. I find it hard to hate myself ;)

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if an ENFP can do this to you, you're probably INFP over INFJ. INFJs are more likely to think ENFPs are selfish and annoying, INFPs tend to see them as funny and someone able to speak the same language as them

Really? I have went on message boards by means of google and heard INFJs and ENFPs get along well. But like I said I'm assuming my friends are ENFPs. I can be wrong. I do hear of ENFPs being called "flakey" but that can't always be the case; which I understand why you say that an INFJ would say an ENFP being "selfish."

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? I have went on message boards by means of google and heard INFJs and ENFPs get along well. But like I said I'm assuming my friends are ENFPs. I can be wrong. I do hear of ENFPs being called "flakey" but that can't always be the case; which I understand why you say that an INFJ would say an ENFP being "selfish."

:) He just says things. They can get along fine.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I am either an INFP with really good social skills, or I am an ENFP that needs tremendous alone time. I like both groups and seem to get along with both just awesomely, however, ENFP's can get on my nerves at times. The things that bug me out about the ENFP's I've been friends with is that while they are on the same page intellectually, and we can bounce Ne forever.. they seem to be a bit shallow. They share many of the same opinions and interests, but they always come at it from more of an intellectual, detached angle (Head type 6w7 or 7w6) and they sometimes seem very afraid of dark emotions and recognizing any dark qualities in themselves, which makes me feel that at times they greatly lack self-awareness. The other thing is that dom Ne's can go bat-shit crazy with assumptins at times. They just ne it to death without ever leaning heavily on fi and saying... okay, is this TRUE though? Does it feel right? So It's not unusual for me to watch an ENFP make great errors of jugement, especially in others intentions and charactor.. which is a bit baffling because I know they can have profound insight into others motivations.

As far as INFP's go.. I sometimes feel that they are a little too sensitive and un communicative. This REALLY sucks because I can at times be very crass in my behaviors without thinking to hold it back, and unintentionally hurt their feelers. I don't WANT to do this, but then they doorslam and I don't get the opportunity to catch it right in that moment and resolve it. So with INFP's I sometimes feel alot of unnecessary bullshit going on. But I still LOVE INFP's, and actually prefer conversations with them over ENFP's because of that dom FI.. they have highly weighed the value of their ideas, and when they talk about an idea it's not typically fluff.. they have pondered this for some time, and their ideas are often spot on.

that's actually pretty right on and it's likely why i sometimes don't feel as feelery as my infp bf...i'm more detached from ideas than he is..meaning i sometimes need prodding to check with my fi...or just to be alone maybe but he speaks from that place first.