User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    My overall experience with INFJs has been negative. I could litter this page in paragraphs of experiences riddled with absolute insanity but I feel I can just simplify it by saying a lot of INFJ females don't have any grip on themselves. I can't speak on behalf of the males. I hear they're a cool bunch but I've never come across any. They're very sensitive people with the power to manipulate others.
    You mean to say you've never come across any in real life? I'll agree that an INFJ can use their natural born gifts to manipulate others. I've done so on people who utterly fail to grasp a situation properly and need to be guided through. I cant say I would know what an INFJ female is truly like. Id imagine the astounding insight coupled with some basic neurotic tendancies PLUS all the inner complexity would make for one hell of a ride. If the INFJ women you've been around didn't have their heads on straight, and were menstruating, god forbid, I truly sympathize with you man. Dont shoot me INFJ gals. I know for a fact we can be giant messes even without the help of Mother Nature's biological trappings.

Oh the ironic hypocrisy. The one thing I was just complaining about is what I'm using now. *laughs*

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    I cant say I would know what an INFJ female is truly like. Id imagine the astounding insight coupled with some basic neurotic tendancies PLUS all the inner complexity would make for one hell of a ride.
    That sounds fairly accurate.

I'm actually characterized as ridiculously easy going by most people. However, those who get to know me better know it's part of the picture but not the whole thing; I have a lot of inner anxiety and a few distinct neuroses. I think if you treat me nicely I am extremely low maintenance, otherwise it can get complicated and ugly.

I dare say everyone is responding with "INFJ"-oriented perspectives because you asked about INFJs from the perspective of others. It's an MBTI forum, people tend to come up with those perspectives...however, my impression from this forum is that people don't view themselves as fitting neatly into a stereotype, either...
    Last edited by SilkRoad; 10-03-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

The males are sensitive, but the ones I know are never happy for long, always chasing the end of some new rainbow.
    Now thats not entirely true. I admit to having unrealistic expectations at an earlier age, but faced with the tendancies of my alcohol and party loving age group (I'm 23), its hard for me to *not* chase a "rainbow" I've yet to find. Its very disappointing that I cant find someone in real life, of the female persuasion, who has a natural inclination for basic goodness and doesnt enjoy being wasted on something like Jack Daniels and acid. As far as personal achievements go, Im not stopping till I've exhausted myself xD.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    That sounds fairly accurate.

I'm actually characterized as ridiculously easy going by most people. However, those who get to know better know it's part of the picture but not the whole thing; I have a lot of inner anxiety and a few distinct neuroses. I think if you treat me nicely I am extremely low maintenance, otherwise it can get complicated and ugly.

I dare say everyone is responding with "INFJ"-oriented perspectives because you asked about INFJs from the perspective of others. It's an MBTI forum, people tend to come up with those perspectives...however, my impression from this forum is that people don't view themselves as fitting neatly into a stereotype, either...
    Well yes, I did ask for others to give input and their perspective on an INFJ. I was expecting to see how they viewed it from a personal standpoint. My fault for not specifying. Stupid technicalities.

I feel you on the "treat me nicely" front. I'm beyond low maintenance if I'm treated with the same love and respect I give a girl. However I wont hesitate to make it very difficult for her in a hurry if she mistreats me. I've put past girlfriends through the wringer by showing them what they're doing to me, and basically making them ask themselves if this is what they truly want to be doing. I've given them a lot of time to think and even turn it all around. Sadly it was to no avail. So my hunt continues :/.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I can't believe I'm hearing this from a fellow Ni-er. You must be jaded. That's it, isn't it. There is no other way you could not us; it's in your dna.
    Like I said, don't get me wrong I know a bunch of you are tight. I've just known alot of twisted INFJ chickadees who use people in ugly, ugly little ways. I know one who routinely cheats on her guy in their bed about 3-5 times a week. Another one confessed her love to me and then told me she was marrying a guy she'd just met and wanted me to create the invitations. I don't know what the fuck dude. I've just seen so much nasty it's difficult for me to take a lot of you seriously anymore. Big ups to all the INFJs that aren't unstable lunatics in denial though.

You mean to say you've never come across any in real life? I'll agree that an INFJ can use their natural born gifts to manipulate others. I've done so on people who utterly fail to grasp a situation properly and need to be guided through. I cant say I would know what an INFJ female is truly like. Id imagine the astounding insight coupled with some basic neurotic tendancies PLUS all the inner complexity would make for one hell of a ride. If the INFJ women you've been around didn't have their heads on straight, and were menstruating, god forbid, I truly sympathize with you man. Dont shoot me INFJ gals. I know for a fact we can be giant messes even without the help of Mother Nature's biological trappings.

Oh the ironic hypocrisy. The one thing I was just complaining about is what I'm using now. *laughs*
    Real life? what's that? I'm an INTJ remember. Seriously though I think I might of come across one or two broody INFJ guys in my time but not any I immediately felt the need to strike up an sort of bromance with. Like, having Ni as my primary function myself I can see right through anyone trying to pull at my strings so it's like hey INFJ are you seriously trying to fool me? really?. For shame.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Like I said, don't get me wrong I know a bunch of you are tight. I've just known alot of twisted INFJ chickadees who use people in ugly, ugly little ways. I know one who routinely cheats on her guy in their bed about 3-5 times a week. Another one confessed her love to me and then told me she was marrying a guy she'd just met and wanted me to create the invitations. I don't know what the fuck dude. I've just seen so much nasty it's difficult for me to take a lot of you seriously anymore. Big ups to all the INFJs that aren't unstable lunatics in denial though.

Real life? what's that? I'm an INTJ remember. Seriously though I think I might of come across one or two broody INFJ guys in my time but not any I immediately felt the need to strike up an sort of bromance with. Like, having Ni as my primary function myself I can see right through anyone trying to pull at my strings so it's like hey INFJ are you seriously trying to fool me? really?. For shame.
    Failure of one isnt the failure of all. I think youre pretty aware of that, and yes Ni is a brilliant "you cant fool me retard" mechanism. I know INFJs can be convulted, but those women you've met seriously sound mistyped. I dont believe for one second that a consistent INFJ would do those things. We're not saints by a long shot, but cheaters, cold and calculating, marrying someone we just met? Not by *any* stretch of the imagination does that fit any INFJ.

Personal opinion. I've never experienced it to my knowledge.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

On my view of INFJ's: I think they are alright. I have enjoyed their company at work and school, don't think I could stay close to one, though. First of all, I get vibes that I make them nervous. They appear to be off in their own world, I'm not sure what they are thinking about. A mutual misunderstanding, perhaps. I have felt chronically judged by them regardless of whether they are judging me or not. I will say something and then watch these quiet think-tanks running, like they are taking every word very seriously and combining and recombining it and are unsure how to react. In my mind, things that I say make perfect sense and are usually lighthearted- everything does not need to be a mystical puzzle. It could be my own projection, though.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    On my view of INFJ's: I think they are alright. I have enjoyed their company at work and school, don't think I could stay close to one, though. First of all, I get vibes that I make them nervous. They appear to be off in their own world, I'm not sure what they are thinking about. A mutual misunderstanding, perhaps. I have felt chronically judged by them regardless of whether they are judging me or not. I will say something and then watch these quiet think-tanks running, like they are taking every word very seriously and combining and recombining it and are unsure how to react. In my mind, things that I say make perfect sense and are usually lighthearted- everything does not need to be a mystical puzzle. It could be my own projection, though.
    It stems from our need to understand. In my case it would be my need to understand your typical behavior, reactions, and general thought process so I can better relate to you in the near future. Its only initially that this happens. If I get to know you better then I can think more on the fly and react faster based on what I know about you.

Riva

It almost always feels as if I am walking on egg shells when I am communicating with INFJs.

One never knows..........

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It stems from our need to understand. In my case it would be my need to understand your typical behavior, reactions, and general thought process so I can better relate to you in the near future. Its only initially that this happens. If I get to know you better then I can think more on the fly and react faster based on what I know about you.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I tend to be on the unpredictable side, too, which probably makes it even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It almost always feels as if I am walking on egg shells when I am communicating with INFJs.

One never knows..........
    Yeah, me too. But they never outwardly say anything to make me think that. It's a facial expression thing.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.