First 12202122

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    - driven to objectify self-worth
    This is interesting, can you elaborate? I mostly agreed with your bullet points, btw.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    My take on this is that we're emotional (in general), but we're logical about emotions - so it's a bit weird and confusing.

If you hear something like this from someone:

"My heart was ripped from my chest when we broke up, leaving a gaping wound. I obsessed for months and eventually concluded painfully that I needed to remove him from my life forever. It was hell on earth. However, my atrocious pain and suffering has taught me that I must avoid involvement with that type of individual in future, and how to do so. You, too, can learn from my experience in this regard."

...then there's a good chance they're INFJ
    I agree that that's accurate. But I'll also say that when something like that comes across as being eccentric and a little bizarre even to an INFP, then...well, I suppose it speaks for itself.

WALMART

This is interesting, can you elaborate? I mostly agreed with your bullet points, btw.

I believe it has to do with Fe and Fi.

Fe implies Ti being present - Fe is almost like metabolizing how you should feel about things instead of how you do feel about things. From this, I think Ni/Si+Fe users can become prone to seek external confirmation of emotions from various outlets, giving rise to objective criteria for defining their self-image.

My take on this is that we're emotional (in general), but we're logical about emotions - so it's a bit weird and confusing.

If you hear something like this from someone:

"My heart was ripped from my chest when we broke up, leaving a gaping wound. I obsessed for months and eventually concluded painfully that I needed to remove him from my life forever. It was hell on earth. However, my atrocious pain and suffering has taught me that I must avoid involvement with that type of individual in future, and how to do so. You, too, can learn from my experience in this regard."

...then there's a good chance they're INFJ
    LOL this. Though I'm only talking about the one INFJ I know, not INFJs in general.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    I agree that that's accurate. But I'll also say that when something like that comes across as being eccentric and a little bizarre even to an INFP, then...well, I suppose it speaks for itself.
    Can you elaborate? I'm curious now. I really don't think NFPs usually find NFJs "eccentric and bizarre" - that's unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    LOL this. Though I'm only talking about the one INFJ I know, not INFJs in general.
    Yeah, individuals are always different. But that "quote" is really an awful lot like me
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Can you elaborate? I'm curious now. I really don't think NFPs usually find NFJs "eccentric and bizarre" - that's unusual.

Yeah, individuals are always different. But that "quote" is really an awful lot like me

Eccentric and bizarre were probably not the right words to use. To sum it up, though, it seems to me INFPs and INFJs are extremely different, think and process info in extremely different ways, and find it difficult to communicate. I like INFJs (the ones I know anyway,) but trying to engage in extended conversations can get tedious and frustrating for all involved. There is just too much unintentional misunderstanding and misinterpretations that are produced on both sides, actually. It doesn't matter how earnest or sincere the people are, either. They're just going to be apt to look at the very exact thing two different ways. At least, that has been my experience. With the INFJ friend that I'm most in contact with, I find it best to keep contact limited and not spend too much time getting into details on anything. Just do what you need to do, say what you need to say, and then move on. The friendship is kept at a distance (on purpose by both sides,) but overall it's pleasant and very meaningful.

MBTI
    INFJ

Wow! I have to say that OrangeAppled wrote an amazing description of an infj. IMO I didn't see it all as being negative--rather just very realistic. I kept thinking--she doesn't know me, yet how can she know all of these kinds of things about me?!

I especially agree with her point that the infp is the counselor to the counselor. At least in my case. My younger sister is infp and she is such a good listener. She has always been much more of an emotional support for me than I am sure I have been for her. Our mom is an intj (a female Spock...ha!) so I think we have relied on each other for emotional support over time. She is very intuitive and I have been lucky to have such a caring, wonderful sister/friend/infp in my life.

That's all.
    Funny the way it is, if you think about it...
    Dave Matthews

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    L11

wow, what positive thoughts! as an infj, it's nice to be appreciated because I feel like everything you said but often feel like no one understands

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    L11

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    I have a lot of respect for INFJs because they seem to be able to manifest qualities that I feel, but can't show. They are very caring and it's amazing to watch them at work in that capacity. ... I am fiercely protective of INFJs because I recognise that they are almost like the INFP's hands in the world. They do the things I wish I could but can't because it's too emotionally tortuous: if I see a child that's upset, I get upset for them; an INFJ will actually go and make things better. In this sense, I feel like I will take the slings and arrows on their behalf so they don't ever have to feel bad - they've got too many gifts that might be wasted if they feel sad. I'd rather that I feel sad for them and they feel happy and caring! ...
    wow, what positive thoughts! as an infj, it's nice to be appreciated because I feel like everything you said but often feel like no one understands

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I find that INFJs (who actually are) tend to be the type that I admire the most. Principled yet accepting, imaginative but down to earth--they're just cool cats.
    am i remembering correctly that you're an ENTJ? as an INFJ i find if anyone is going to be helpful when i'm upset it is an NT, usually an ENTJ or INTJ. i really appreciate their directness and practicality. they seem to help me get out of being stuck in my emotions and into problem solving & action.