User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I agree that there is no one formula or "right" thing to say. Any of those questions works if the person is in a mood to talk. Sometimes it's more about timing.

I must say, I guess it's proof that Feeling is not INFJ's primary function that I can't entirely relate to being too upset if someone falls away from me of their own accord. The kind of total understanding and acceptance some people seem to want is the kind of thing I don't expect from mere mortals. Relationships wax and wane. I can't afford to attach myself too much to someone else's very likely wavering enthusiasm; it's too hard on my heart, and ditto for attaching my self-esteem to whether or not anybody else thinks I'm a cool chick. If they do, fine. If they don't, fuck 'em. I mean that in the most possible good natured way. There are just too many variables at work for me to take it personally if I am doing the best I know how to do and for whatever reason, they lose interest. That kind of concern I reserve for family and long-time, many years friendships.

The "I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around you" thing feeds on itself, too. It makes me feel like I need to walk on eggshells to make sure you feel like you're not walking on eggshells. I could say "let's not all be so high maintenance," but then I see it coming back to "but INFJs just drop people." ...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How far does an infj dare to go in the department of 'reading between the lines' of what someone said and the possible interpretations resulting from that ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    How far does an infj dare to go in the department of 'reading between the lines' of what someone said and the possible interpretations resulting from that ?
    It totally depends on the individual. I mean reading stuff ‘between the lines’ isn’t really a choice, I don’t think it’s possible to turn that off- but recognizing the difference between what we add ourselves while processing incoming information and the incoming information itself is key. And I’ll be the first to admit that NFJs who can’t tell the difference (and who aren’t open to having it pointed out to them) are infuriating.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    It totally depends on the individual. I mean reading stuff ‘between the lines’ isn’t really a choice, I don’t think it’s possible to turn that off- but recognizing the difference between what we add ourselves while processing incoming information and the incoming information itself is key. And I’ll be the first to admit that NFJs who can’t tell the difference (and who aren’t open to having it pointed out to them) are infuriating.
    +10.

This is why it can be a much better solution for INFJs to resolve a conflict face-to-face in stead of though non-verbal communication such as texting or emailing. Having additional visual cues like facial and vocal expression certainly help to bridge the gap between a verbal statement and our own interpretation.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I see you have no idea what I mean

I was thinking of some kind of, dunno how to phrase it, personal perception, maybe.

When we have entp threads, with the best threads, they consist of like one-liners by 10 different people and everyone has his or her own idea of what is going on. In your INFJs threads you have 1 billion posts consisting of 2 billion words each.

So I was wondering, if I was to tell you something how much you really do understand or imagine and how much you dont. And in that light I am wondering why many typologists consider entp and infj to be a good match. In my opinion the barrier to understand each other is so high, I dont see how they could even be a match ever

MBTI
    IxFP

My father I think is an INFJ ( ENFJ and ENFP are posibly too)
    He is very warm (extremely warm sometimes) , somewhat introverted and very sensitive to anything but very steady and protective.
    Aware of all the abstracts ethics ( justice, honesty, empathy ) and he haves artistics inclinations.

He is the most idealistic person i've ever known.
    He is frequently dissapointed of the other people (especialy me ¬¬) because of his extremely high standards.
    Some people call him excentric but not in a CRAAZYY way but because of what he says and does. ( Ni and Fe very high for sure)
    ( He is a 1w2 sx/sp btw )
    I think he is a VEEEEERYY good father. He taught a me a lot. The most wise person I've ever and will know.

Cheers for my INFJ Daddy

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I was thinking of some kind of, dunno how to phrase it, personal perception, maybe.

When we have entp threads, with the best threads, they consist of like one-liners by 10 different people and everyone has his or her own idea of what is going on. In your INFJs threads you have 1 billion posts consisting of 2 billion words each.

So I was wondering, if I was to tell you something how much you really do understand or imagine and how much you dont. And in that light I am wondering why many typologists consider entp and infj to be a good match. In my opinion the barrier to understand each other is so high, I dont see how they could even be a match ever
    Is this what you're saying?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrKDpNAVSU

Well if you see it that way, could be because INFJs that post on typology forums are exceedingly proficient at writing and navel gazing (useless or excessive self-contemplation).

So I was wondering, if I was to tell you something how much you really do understand or imagine and how much you dont.
    Thats a bit like what drives all the Fi/Fe threads, perhaps even the rest of the function discussions around here, too.

And in that light I am wondering why many typologists consider entp and infj to be a good match. In my opinion the barrier to understand each other is so high, I dont see how they could even be a match ever
    Its the people in the relationship whose considerations matter. But in history it has occurred at least once.
    As to your opinion, I suppose its all about how much you really can understand or can imagine and how much you can't, right?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

We don't just write a billion posts with a billion words; we read the other posts we see. I want to know the opinions of others, especially if what they say makes sense and I can respect their ability to form arguments and articulate opinions on things that are important. It's something I don't often find in the real world; and I know an ENTP who can be quite verbose in written communication, so I think you people are just not trying hard enough ;D

Could you please rephrase your question
    [So I was wondering, if I was to tell you something how much you really do understand or imagine and how much you dont.]
    at the end of that post? I want to be sure I'm replying to the actual question before I make a billion word long reply ;D

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think whats mostly suprising for me is that high intrest or concern for oneself. Introspection.

I talk myself a lot, I have a very demanding job and tho my energy level is unmatched so far by any person I have met, the job is taxing enough to even drain me and in the evening I most often dont have the strength to write on this forum no more. But even if I had it, I would feel weird if I had a thread going on for several pages devoted to a discussion about myself or my persona. I am a guy who often talks about himself but who goes very fastly in retreat if people start to talk about me, I dunno.

I think its amazing, cause its not understandable for me.