• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What happens to Enfps as they get older?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh yeah, I forgot one thing on the whole Gran side. Apparently age only increases the bloody mindedness :D

Looks like ENFPs generally start out shaky but end up resolute. Must be all that embracing the inner ISTJ.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not VERY old but I have become a bit more calm and a bit more balanced with my functions (I hope). :) And I can defend my self somewhat better against some ESTJ's who try to tell me what to do. ;)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a 33 year old ENFP and I have changed in several ways over the years.

I used to be kind of a hippie, but my worldview has changed a lot.

As I've gotten older, I've lost some of my idealism, but its a good trade-off because I've become much more practical.

I believe I have become more introverted, or at least more comfortable with being alone and being quiet.

I used to be kinder and gentler, but I was often used like a doormat, and felt shitty inside most of the time.

I've become more assertive and more confident lately, though I certainly have a long way to go.

I have really developed Te quite a bit, and have even become less P.

I think some people miss the old me, but overall I have become more balanced, and I'm pretty damned happy about it! :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, the one ENFP I know used to be a monk. Then he was unhappily married. He divorced, then met and married his true love, and is a rare bookseller specializing in William Blake. He's in his 60s now and probably would say he's in the prime of his life.

Jae Rae

i adore this post for some reason...love.
19.gif

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've heard some ENTP can turn into ENFP as they get older.

No, stop hoping, It won't happen:D

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
They seem to seem crazier and crazier by the years. Like they do things more at a magnified rate, more louder, more wilder and more bolder!
Its like as years go past, they dont really care about what people say, and seem to follow their heart more. Its like their causes get bigger, their searches more deeper and the expressions of themselves more amplified.

Oh crap, that's what's happening to me too. I'm only 34, but I'm definitely getting weirder as I get older. At some point, I thought I'd settle down and have a normal, "grownup" life, but now my main goal in life is to chuck most of my stuff and randomly ride trains all over the country.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha

my enfp dad passed when he was 50 but he would joke about wondering what he was going to do when he grew up...he was always very spirited and youthful...funny as hell too. :)

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
^^ haha

my enfp dad passed when he was 50 but he would joke about wondering what he was going to do when he grew up...he was always very spirited and youthful...funny as hell too. :)

Grow up?! Now why would I want to do a thing like that? :D

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
The only one I know IRL has become all kinds of crazy.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mom is pushing 55. She is an ENFP. Things I've noticed:

Developed Si. She actually gets things done around the house after a lot of procrastination, but she has been improving. She has plenty of thinking energy to spend also. She is also very assertive.

I'd say you just get more mature and cool off.

Chloe

Good thread. Basicaly, all anwsers are like what I expect will happen - I'll develop Te (I plan do this while am still young), become less P...
I am a bit afraid of losing my ENFP energy, but balance is always better then extremes. And also wouldn't hurt me if I wasnt completely messy and forgetful.

Its interesting how I was for 2-3 yrs (until recently) after my father got sick and died... I became much more SJ type, but i was unhappy like that, so I guess when you are pushed to grow up you will adapt some SJ.

EcK said:
I've heard some ENTP can turn into ENFP as they get older.

No, stop hoping, It won't happen

only if life screws them up too much ;)

I think its best to adapt most of Te, but remain ENFP. It makes practice to use Te when you need it, and be free enfp when you don't.

Chloe

I think some people miss the old me, but overall I have become more balanced, and I'm pretty damned happy about it! :D

Yeah, its nice to be special passionate ENFP, but balance feels like holiday :s

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Oh crap, that's what's happening to me too. I'm only 34, but I'm definitely getting weirder as I get older. At some point, I thought I'd settle down and have a normal, "grownup" life, but now my main goal in life is to chuck most of my stuff and randomly ride trains all over the country.

Same here, I find myself getting more outrageous as each year passes, more assesrtive, and yes, the desire to just chuck it all in a VW mystery machine and travel the world having loads of fun, and more fun.

I want to die old and chuckling at all the funny memories I intend to pick up along the way.

Hope my kids don't have dreams of a mum who is easy to get hold of once they are adults, because who knows where I will be? :yes:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
They get really into organic foods, yoga, and random new agey stuff.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

But fortunately it's always a fad because they never stick at it long enough. Or at least I do, I'm always Peeing on my life. :cool:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But fortunately it's always a fad because they never stick at it long enough. Or at least I do, I'm always Peeing on my life. :cool:

Whaaat??? you's crazy! :smile:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Aj, your intuitive abilities are so accurate? I'm kidding. Not really, but this is true for me. :jew:

My evolution? When my dad was alive, I was an outrageous one.

When I was passed on to live with an ESTJ uncle? Damn. That was hell for me. Being told I wasn't good enough, that I should change?

Now that I'm older, I'm recovering from that experience, and getting more in touch with the kid in me.. I'm finding out that I'm becoming a more self-improved me.. Ok, now it's just weird talking too much bout mahself- so let's just say- it is an adventure!