User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

what happens when ENFPs get old? i was always of the impression that NPs would die young because of risks taken by them. i wouldn't even mind it at that.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm 30.

-I learned to STFU and watch.
    -I become less gushy about my heart-felt feelings toward people and only carefully let them out.
    -I am more likely to call BS and not just let people walk on me.

I've also become extraordinarily talented at ending forum threads. You want a thread ended? PM me. For realsies.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

We turn into pure energy and become star children.

Getting out of my twenties meant being a lot less willing to take people's garbage. I've found myself getting flintier, and I don't care what most people think of me anymore - meaning, I'm much more in tune with myself, and so I can't be pushed off my center by every unwarranted or unkind comment aimed at me.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The unfortunate fact about ENFPs is that they have no way to keep their tusks from growing. The large tusks, which are at first useful for maintaining a position of social dominance, continually grow upward and curve toward the cranium. Eventually, they grow into the skulls and brains of the ENFP and kill it. Gruesome, but true.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

my dad, who's now 56, is an ENFP. he's a pediatrician, so any logic he has is only in the realm of medicine. otherwise, his behavior is mostly childlike. only imagine that the child was transferred into House's body and given 20 hits of acid. slightly insane, loves painting, completely confused by his ENTJ daughter. dances like a marionette, sings off-key and adores talking to cats. watches more WWII documentaries than should be legal. chainsmoker who goes to the gym for an hour every day. has not, in 20 years, managed to play moonlight sonata without messing up or getting distracted before the end of the song.

in any case, he's still having fun.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

They finally sprout wings and fly off into the horizon.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    my dad, who's now 56, is an ENFP. he's a pediatrician, so any logic he has is only in the realm of medicine. otherwise, his behavior is mostly childlike. only imagine that the child was transferred into House's body and given 20 hits of acid. slightly insane, loves painting, completely confused by his ENTJ daughter. dances like a marionette, sings off-key and adores talking to cats. watches more WWII documentaries than should be legal. chainsmoker who goes to the gym for an hour every day. has not, in 20 years, managed to play moonlight sonata without messing up or getting distracted before the end of the song.

in any case, he's still having fun.
    omg..i LOVE this...sounds so much like my dad.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

The only older ENFP I know is Galusha's dad. She is constantly confounded by his behaviour and I sometimes catch her INTP mother looking at him with the same expression (part annoyance, part amusement and part somewhat impressed) that my INTP boyfriend occasionally scrutinises me with.

Her dad is incredibly intuitive and simultaneously uses a lot of Se. It's really quite incredible to see because he can make Ne connections superfast. Discussing movies with him is fantastic because the two of us can work up quite a Mystery Science Theater-esque banter while channel surfing between several shows. I can only barely keep up with him.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    what happens when ENFPs get old? i was always of the impression that NPs would die young because of risks taken by them. i wouldn't even mind it at that.
    You make an interesting point here. I'm an NP and took risks when I was young that I'm amazed that I lived through relatively unscathed (relatively). However, now that I'm closer to thirty than twenty I'm not as inclined toward risky behavior at all. Maybe it's because I'm an introvert.

However, don't SPs take even crazier risks than NPs? At least NPs will take more time to reflect on what they've done or what they're about to do, I would assume. I've known some SPs who did crazy things to screw up their lives and then had the audacity to say, "how did this happen to me?"

Not that I don't love SPs. I have SPs in my love whom I love. I'm not knocking them.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

My younger sister is a crazy thrill-seeking ESTP and my (INF/TP) boyfriend's dad is a formerly thrill-seeking ESTP. He is really glad that I can engage his father in "adventures" in ways he never could as a child. I think EN_Ps can use an intuitive motivation to engage sensing activities.