• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Z: Do you think the zodiac matches your personality or no?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“This is the DRUID zodiac calendar. They are part of the Celtic race and culture. The Cells lived over a large part of Europe. Their ancestors were pushed back by the Romans & Germanic tribes. Their descendants live in the northwest point of France called Brittany. They live in Wales, which is part of Great Britain. They most famously live in Ireland. They also live in scattered parts of the British Isles.

The druids and Cells were a very intuitive people. They also had close ties with nature. The Druid calendar is moon and tree based. I have written about mother earth and Gaia, as being a planetary organism. As such I am attracted to both earth based and matriarchal societies. Native Americans, Celts, & native peoples do not take the earth for granted. I will now share the tree based moon calendar of the Druids:” LightSun

Dec 24 - Jan 20 Birch tree the Achiever
Jan 21 - Feb 17 Rowan tree, the Thinker
Feb 18 - Mar 17 Ash tree, the Enchanter
Mar 18- Apr 14 Alder tree, the Trailblazer
Apr 15- May 12 Willow tree, the Observer
May 13- Jun 9 Hawthorn tree, the Illusionist
Jun. 10- Jul 7 Oak tree, the Stabilizer
Jul 8- Aug 4 Holly, the Ruler
Aug 5 Sep 1 Hazel, the Knower
Sep 2- Sep 29 Vine, the Equalizer
Sep 30- Oct 27 Ivy the survivor
Oct 28- Nov 24 Reed, the Inquisitor
Nov 25 - Dec 23 Elder, the Seeker

“Obviously there are many tribes, nations, and peoples under this definition. They speak different languages and have many varied cultures. Not all of them would be subscribing at all to this zodiac. Nonetheless, it is labeled under the Native American zodiac, a synthesis of understanding. I am a woodpecker, by the way. None of my signs are scary or frightful, just nice and peaceful.

Do the definitions fit along with your personality? Also it can be cross referenced with the western, Chinese, Celtic and other zodiac definitions & characteristics. In addition there is a difference between one's totem and one's zodiac sign. I for instance resonate more with the owl, my totem, than my native zodiac woodpecker.” LightSun

Otter Jan 20 - Feb 18: quirky, unorthodox, and unconventional
Wolf feb19 - mar 20 emotional, passionate, lovers
Falcon Mar 27 - Apr 19 natural born leader, clear judgment
Beaver Apr 20 - May 20 take charge, adapt, overcome, efficiency
Deer May 21- Jun 20 muse, inspiring, lively, quick witted
Woodpecker Jun 21 - Jul 21 nurturing, listener, empathic, understanding
Salmon Jul 22 - Aug 21 electric, focused, intuitive, creative
Bear Aug 22 - Sep 21 pragmatic, methodical, practicality, level headedness
Crow/Raven Sep 22- Oct 22 enthusiastic, entrepreneur, charmer
Snake/Serpent Oct 23- Nov 22 shaman, matters of spirit
Owl Nov 23 - Dec 21 changeable, mutable, warm, easy going
Goose Dec 22 - Jan 19 persevering, dogged, ambitious

I under a Chinese system zodiac happen to be a rabbit, 2011 is a Chinese year for rabbits folk.

Chinese New Year 2011: The Year of the Rabbit?
The Rabbit is the fourth sign of the Chinese zodiac and is a very lucky sign. It looks like we've... got quite a sophisticated period with gracious manners and sensitivity ahead.

Personality of the Rabbit;
Although Rabbits are generally private individuals and may be a bit introverted, it can also be said that they are reasonably friendly and enjoy the company of good friends. When it comes to choosing a career they make good teachers, counselors and communicators, but need to retreat into their own space from time to time.

People born in the year of the rabbit possess characteristics that make them: enthusiastic, clever, delicate, tranquil, serene, understanding, stylish, and kind. You will not see them exhibiting aggressive behavior, in fact they will try to avoid confrontation at all costs.

Even when they are angry about something, they will approach it calmly and considerately without raising their voice or showing that they are annoyed. They are intelligent and quick, and can talk themselves in or out of most situations with no problem. The Rabbit is a symbol for mercy, elegance, and worship of beauty.

The Rabbit is a kind, loving person, and dislikes any hostile act. Their gentle appearance gives the impression of frailty and that they need to be cared for. But, the truth is they are strong-minded and have strong wills. They pursue and go after their ideals in a precise and orderly manner; doing things slowly and with purpose because of their cautious characters.

There is no need to worry about them; they are nimble, wise and good at avoiding harm to themselves. They are gifted and enjoy artistic pursuits, such as painting and music. They are very sociable people and make good hosts. However, they stop short at displays of affection in public places. They strive in a clutter-free zone and you will find their homes and officers clutter-free.

EtaCarinae

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I love comparing many different zodiac systems!
The celtic tree zodiac as I know it is really amazing, I love being a fir tree.
Here's the one I know:

The Celtic Signs
by YPL • April 19, 2010 • Tools • 0 Comments

The Celtic horoscope is based on a monthly calendar somewhat different from the calendar in use today. The Celts and Druids used trees as the symbol to represent each month.
Celtic legend has it that each one of us was born under a special tree, sort of like a “Tree Horoscope.”

Find your birthday below and click on it to learn what your tree is and what it says about your personality.

BEECH TREE (the Creative) Dec 22 – 31 Beech – has good taste, concerned about its looks,
materialistic, good organization of life and career, economical, good leader, takes no unnecessary risks, reasonable, splendid lifetime companion, keen on keeping fit (diets, sports, etc.)

APPLE TREE (the Love) Dec 23 – Jan 1 & Jun 25 – Jul 4 Apple – of slight build, lots of charm, appeal,
and attraction, pleasant aura, flirtatious, adventurous, sensitive, always in love, wants to love and be loved, faithful and tender partner, very generous, scientific talents, lives for today, a carefree philosopher with imagination.

FIR TREE (the Mysterious) Jan 1 – Jan 11 & Jul 5 – Jul 14 Fir – extraordinary taste, dignity, sophisticated,
loves anything beautiful, moody close to them, rather modest, very ambitious, stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those talented, industrious, uncontented lover, many friends, many foes, very reliable.

ELM TREE (the Noble-mindedness) Jan 12 – Jan 24 & Jul 15 – Jul 25 Elm – pleasant shape, tasteful clothes, modest
demands, tends not to forgive mistakes, cheerful, likes to lead but not to obey, honest and faithful partner, likes making decisions for others, noble-minded, generous, good sense of humor, practical.

CYPRESS TREE (the Faithfulness) Jan 25 – Feb 3 & Jul 26 – Aug 4 Cypress – strong, muscular, adaptable, takes what life has to give, content, optimistic, craves money and acknowledgment, hates loneliness, passionate lover which cannot be satisfied, faithful, quick tempered, unruly, pedantic, and careless.

POPLAR TREE (the Uncertainty) Feb 4 – Feb 8 & May 1 – May 14 & Aug 5 – Aug 13 – looks very decorative, not very
self-confident, only courageous if necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good organizer, tends to lean toward philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership seriously.

CEDAR TREE (the Confidence) Feb 9 – Feb 18 & Aug 14 – Aug 23 Cedar – of rare beauty, knows how to adapt, likes
luxury, of good health, not in the least shy, tends to look down on others, self-confident, determined, impatient, likes to impress others, many talents, industrious, healthy optimism, waiting for the one true love, able to make quick decisions.

PINE TREE (the Particular) Feb 19 – Feb 28 & Aug 24 – Sep 2 Pine – loves agreeable company, very robust,
knows how to make life comfortable, very active, natural, good companion, but seldom friendly, falls easily in love but its passion burns out quickly, gives up easily, everything disappointments until it finds its ideal, trustworthy, practical.

WEEPING WILLOW (the Melancholy) Mar 1 – Mar 10 & Sep 3 – Sep 12 Willow – beautiful but full of melancholy,
attractive, very empathetic, loves anything beautiful and tasteful, loves to travel, dreamer, restless, capricious, honest, can be influenced but is not easy to live with. demanding, good intuition, suffers in love but finds sometimes.

LIME TREE (the Doubt) Mar 11 – Mar 20 & Sep 13 – Sep 22 Lime – accepts what life dishes out in a composed way,
hates fighting, stress, and labor, dislikes laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous but loyal.

OAK TREE (the Brave) Mar 21 – Oak – robust nature, courageous, strong, unrelenting,
independent, sensible, does not like change, keeps its feet on the ground, person of action.

OLIVE TREE (the Wisdom) Sep 23 – Olive – loves sun, warmth and kind feelings,
reasonable, balanced, avoids aggression and violence, tolerant, cheerful, calm, well-developed sense of justice, sensitive, empathetic, free of jealousy, loves to read and the company of sophisticated people.

HAZELNUT TREE (the Extraordinary) Mar 22 to Mar 31 & Sep 24 – Oct 3 Hazelnut – charming, undemanding,
very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody, and capricious lover, honest, and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.

ROWAN TREE (the Sensitivity) Apr 1 to Apr 10 & Oct 4 – Oct 13 Rowan – full of charm, cheerful, gifted without e
goism, likes to draw attention, loves life, motion, unrest, and even complications, is both dependent and independent, good taste, artistic, passionate, emotional, good company, does not forgive.

MAPLE TREE (Independence of Mind) Apr 11 – Apr 20 & Oct 14 – Oct 23 Maple – no ordinary person, full
of imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-confident, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, has many complexities, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.

WALNUT TREE (the Passion) Apr 21 – Apr 30 & Oct 24 – Nov 11 Walnut – unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts,
often egotistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromise.

POPLAR TREE (the Uncertainty) Feb 4 – Feb 8 & May 1 – May 14 & Aug 5 – Aug 13 – looks very decorative, not very
self-confident, only courageous if necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good organizer, tends to lean toward philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership seriously.

CHESTNUT TREE (the Honesty) May 15 – May 24 & Nov 12 – Nov 21 Chestnut – of unusual beauty, does not want to impress,
well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritates easily and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self confidence due to a lack of self confidence, acts sometimes superior, feels not understood, loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.

ASH TREE (the Ambition) May 25 – Jun 3 & Nov 22 – Dec 1 Ash – vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, likes to play with fate, can be egotistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very seriously.

HORNBEAM TREE (the Good Taste) Jun 4 – Jun 13 & Dec 2 – Dec 11 Hornbeam – of cool beauty, cares for its looks
and condition, good taste, is not egoistic, makes life as comfortable as possible, leads a reasonable and disciplined life, looks for kindness and acknowledgment in an emotional partner, dreams of unusual lovers, is seldom happy with its feelings, mistrusts most people, is never sure of its decisions, very conscientious.

FIG TREE (the Sensibility) Jun 14 – Jun 23 & Dec 12 – Dec 21 Fig – very strong, a bit self-willed, independent,
does not allow contradiction or arguments, loves life, its family, children and animals, a bit of a social butterfly, good sense of humor, likes idleness and laziness, of practical talent and intelligence.

BIRCH TREE (the inspiration) Jun 24 – Birch – vivacious, attractive, elegant, friendly,
unpretentious, modest, does not like anything in excess, abhors the vulgar, loves life in nature and in calm, not very passionate, full of imagination, little ambition, creates a calm and content atmosphere.

The Celtic Signs | Your Pure Life

Furthermore I really recommend combi interpretations like:

Find Your Animal Spirit - FREE Astrological Report!

It's a combination of Eastern and Western astrology. I'm an Emperor Tamarin :D Really describes me quite well:

EMPEROR TAMARIN

This is one of the most contradictory signs in the Primal Zodiac. Those born under the sign of Emperor Tamarin represent themselves as fun, carefree, smart, and caring, and while they do indeed share these traits they also mask a dark side full of arrogance, self-doubt, and judgment for others. They truly do not have bad intentions, but members of this sign tend to be emotionally immature, and prefer to live in a fantasy world rather than share their true thoughts and feelings.

Emperor Tamarins are very smart and intuitive. They are truly capable of doing anything, and each one has its own unique set of skills that, when focused, can take them far. Too often though this sign has a tendency toward depression and negative thinking and entertains himself or herself by ridiculing the stupidity of the general population. They don’t consider this rude, though, because they truly are more intelligent than most people. They are also very creative and surprisingly artistic. Despite all this they are truly insecure and have fragile egos. Emperor Tamarins may have a light-hearted exterior but inside they are afraid of being rejected by those they care about, so they prefer not to care about anyone or anything too strongly.

They are skilled manipulators when they want to be, and can revert to temper tantrums if they don’t get their way. They truly are moody individuals which can be both good and bad, depending on the mood. They have a great deal of affection for family and close friends, but hate to apologize when they offend others which can make them appear callous and arrogant. Emperor Tamarins absolutely hate being wrong, and often lose their cool at seemingly innocuous times.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
FIR TREE (the Mysterious) Jan 1 – Jan 11 & Jul 5 – Jul 14 Fir – extraordinary taste, dignity, sophisticated,
loves anything beautiful, moody close to them, rather modest, very ambitious, stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those talented, industrious, uncontented lover, many friends, many foes, very reliable.

I'm not sure. I mean...maybe.

But mash potato at the wall is all I think.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yah I identify with the otter traits listed... but maybe not so much 'the thinker'... when you combine the two you prob do not get me... though you know, I do have thinkerish times. I can get stuck into books and hibernate for spells.

EtaCarinae

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, there are better descriptions of the tree signs in German. :D I haven't really found any english ones that are as insightful and specific. Which is kind of strange because usually there are way better and informing sites regarding personality and spirituality subjects in English.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WALNUT TREE (the Passion) Apr 21 – Apr 30 & Oct 24 – Nov 11 Walnut – unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts,
often egotistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromise.
Sounds good.

Apr 15- May 12 Willow tree, the Observer
Sounds good.

Beaver Apr 20 - May 20 take charge, adapt, overcome, efficiency
Sounds good.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't think the Zodiac killer matches my personality. No.

As for the rest, I don't believe in magic.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
BEECH TREE (the Creative) Dec 22 – 31 Beech – has good taste, concerned about its looks,
materialistic, good organization of life and career, economical, good leader, takes no unnecessary risks, reasonable, splendid lifetime companion, keen on keeping fit (diets, sports, etc.)

LIME TREE (the Doubt) Mar 11 – Mar 20 & Sep 13 – Sep 22 Lime – accepts what life dishes out in a composed way,
hates fighting, stress, and labor, dislikes laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous but loyal.

FIG TREE (the Sensibility) Jun 14 – Jun 23 & Dec 12 – Dec 21 Fig – very strong, a bit self-willed, independent,
does not allow contradiction or arguments, loves life, its family, children and animals, a bit of a social butterfly, good sense of humor, likes idleness and laziness, of practical talent and intelligence.

Here's an updated version for viral-online-spreading purposes

BITCH TREE (the Creative) Dec 22 – 31 Beech – has good taste, concerned about its looks,

LAME TREE (the Doubt) Mar 11 – Mar 20 & Sep 13 – Sep 22 Lime – accepts what life dishes out in a composed way,

FAG TREE (the Sensibility) Jun 14 – Jun 23 & Dec 12 – Dec 21 Fig – very strong, a bit self-willed, independent,

EtaCarinae

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Here's an updated version for viral-online-spreading purposes

This is kind of funny and fitting, but I don't really like sarcasm. Or when people participate in threads only to ridicule them.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is kind of funny and fitting, but I don't really like sarcasm. Or when people participate in threads only to ridicule them.

It's called humor.

How where the dates even figured out, the roman based calendar you're using needs to be adjusted every 4 years.

If you want to discuss it as a serious thing rather than a fluff thread, fine. Let's discuss the merits of astrology. If not then I don't understand the point of policing people's jokes if the thread is meant to be light hearted.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
You don't need this Life Path report. You can just look up your sign in the animal spirit chart which the link directly sends you to?

CHESTNUT TREE (the Honesty) May 15 – May 24 & Nov 12 – Nov 21 Chestnut – of unusual beauty, does not want to impress,
well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritates easily and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self confidence due to a lack of self confidence, acts sometimes superior, feels not understood, loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.

Well that was somewhat correct. But here's the thing, I looked the other 'celtic tree' descriptions and they were too more or less correct. That's unfortunately the thing about horoscopes, they give you vague answers based on nothing.
But I don't care, I need to find out my vague answers. I'm a sucker for these!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a metal monkey

I haven't spent much time researching astrological systems but I identify with the following, especially the bolded parts:

Occupying the 9th position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Even though their intentions are always good, this desire to be a prankster has a tendency to create ill will and hurt feelings.

Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged. Monkeys prefer urban life to rural, and their favorite pastime is people-watching.

Not sure I'd call myself clever.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on the original post, I am an elder/seeker and an owl: "changeable, mutable, warm, easy going."

I think that's me to a large extent. The "warm" part especially. I'm very easygoing under certain circumstances, but under extreme periods of stress that would be the last word you'd use to describe me.

huayra207

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
The thing about zodiacs for me is the fact that every zodiac's personality could apply to me to a degree. I guess I'm not really a firm believer of stuff like this. Anyways, ever heard of the confirmation bias? I think that have something to do with how zodiacs tend to be accurate: you disregard the bits that you don't agree with and acknowledge the parts that describe you. And then there's the human tendency of recognizing the patterns that just isn't there.

I've had this thought about how the Chinese came up with the feng shui, their years, and et cetera. They'd notice things and notate them and maybe analyze them. Feng shui frequently does this; like how you're not supposed to put a small business in the presence of a large business (say, mom and pop shop near a Wal-Mart) and how you shouldn't build a house in a specific direction (the wind direction causes you to become sick or something). Some of them works, but they also come up with stuff like how shooting stars causes disasters (which, they don't). And now you've got better writers and pseudo-mystics picking these stuff up and writing better, more vague and applicable descriptions that people concur with. Occasionally these stuff come behind a paywall, and sometimes they come for free. But whatever its intentions are, I can't help but think is this all simply our human need to be understood?

Maybe, zodiacs are an earlier version of more advanced personality indicators. I don't know. I'm just thinking here.