User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCarinae View Post
    This is kind of funny and fitting, but I don't really like sarcasm. Or when people participate in threads only to ridicule them.
    It's called humor.

How where the dates even figured out, the roman based calendar you're using needs to be adjusted every 4 years.

If you want to discuss it as a serious thing rather than a fluff thread, fine. Let's discuss the merits of astrology. If not then I don't understand the point of policing people's jokes if the thread is meant to be light hearted.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes EcK, Chrysanthe liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You don't need this Life Path report. You can just look up your sign in the animal spirit chart which the link directly sends you to?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

You don't need this Life Path report. You can just look up your sign in the animal spirit chart which the link directly sends you to?

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp Fe

CHESTNUT TREE (the Honesty) May 15 – May 24 & Nov 12 – Nov 21 Chestnut – of unusual beauty, does not want to impress,
    well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritates easily and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self confidence due to a lack of self confidence, acts sometimes superior, feels not understood, loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.
    Well that was somewhat correct. But here's the thing, I looked the other 'celtic tree' descriptions and they were too more or less correct. That's unfortunately the thing about horoscopes, they give you vague answers based on nothing.
    But I don't care, I need to find out my vague answers. I'm a sucker for these!
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I'm a metal monkey

I haven't spent much time researching astrological systems but I identify with the following, especially the bolded parts:

Occupying the 9th position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Even though their intentions are always good, this desire to be a prankster has a tendency to create ill will and hurt feelings.

Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged. Monkeys prefer urban life to rural, and their favorite pastime is people-watching.
    Not sure I'd call myself clever.

Gryffindor Prefect OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so

Based on the original post, I am an elder/seeker and an owl: "changeable, mutable, warm, easy going."

I think that's me to a large extent. The "warm" part especially. I'm very easygoing under certain circumstances, but under extreme periods of stress that would be the last word you'd use to describe me.
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP 3w2-7w6-8w7 sx/so
    Neutral Good | SLUAI | Sanguine-Choleric
    Gryffindor | Wampus
    Sagittarius Sun | Sagittarius Moon | Aquarius Rising

MBTI
    ENTJ

My zodiac sign is Ophichius, and yes its just like ENTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    EII None

The thing about zodiacs for me is the fact that every zodiac's personality could apply to me to a degree. I guess I'm not really a firm believer of stuff like this. Anyways, ever heard of the confirmation bias? I think that have something to do with how zodiacs tend to be accurate: you disregard the bits that you don't agree with and acknowledge the parts that describe you. And then there's the human tendency of recognizing the patterns that just isn't there.

I've had this thought about how the Chinese came up with the feng shui, their years, and et cetera. They'd notice things and notate them and maybe analyze them. Feng shui frequently does this; like how you're not supposed to put a small business in the presence of a large business (say, mom and pop shop near a Wal-Mart) and how you shouldn't build a house in a specific direction (the wind direction causes you to become sick or something). Some of them works, but they also come up with stuff like how shooting stars causes disasters (which, they don't). And now you've got better writers and pseudo-mystics picking these stuff up and writing better, more vague and applicable descriptions that people concur with. Occasionally these stuff come behind a paywall, and sometimes they come for free. But whatever its intentions are, I can't help but think is this all simply our human need to be understood?

Maybe, zodiacs are an earlier version of more advanced personality indicators. I don't know. I'm just thinking here.