• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] ENFPs and Auxiliay Fi

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm curious to know how the Ne/Fi dynamic works for ENFPs. I'm just going to list some questions, but if you could give me a more detailed analysis, I'd appreciate it!

• What role does Fi play to your Ne?
  • If you're excited about new possibilites, is it that you feel compelled to try new things and then consider the experience in terms of Fi after the event?
  • How does your Ne relate to people? What qualities do you like in others and what interests you in other people?

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm curious to know how the Ne/Fi dynamic works for ENFPs. I'm just going to list some questions, but if you could give me a more detailed analysis, I'd appreciate it!

• If you're excited about new possibilites, is it that you feel compelled to try new things and then consider the experience in terms of Fi after the event?
  • How does your Ne relate to people? What qualities do you like in others and what interests you in other people?

1. Fi kind of guides my Ne. If I want to dabble in anything, my Fi kind of works as a filter. there's so many things I've love to do, or experience, but to keep myself on track my Fi kind of places red flags on things that I know I shouldn't do.

2. I feel like my Fi kind of works as the Ne is going on, or maybe before. For example, I can brainstorm and daydream in my head and allow my Fi to tell me if this seems right, or okay, than then after than, I let my Ne do it. There's only been a hand full of times where i've done something and after the fact realized it went against my Fi. I've talked to my ESFP friends, and they seem more likely to analyze AFTER the fact, seeing as how their need to experience something before making the judgement. I can daydream it and make a judgement and trust my judgement.

3. I'm not sure I fully understand this, but I'll try. my Ne works off of anything and anyone. If I see someone who looks like they'd enjoy something than i'll bring up that topic and talk to them about it (like a band T-shirt, tattoos, music). the qualities i like in other people are really what makes them who they are, if I see their family people than I wanna learn about their family. if I see they're into movies, I want to talk to them about their movies. I've learned that I really could go on and on in conversations if it's about movies/music/theology/philosophy so it's usually easier for me to talk to NFs or NTs when i first meet them

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

scenario: a kid is being picked on by a bully.
ENFP: why is that bully so cruel? how can I help that poor kid :(
INFP: why is their cruelty in the world?
ITJ: that bully deserves to be punished
ETJ: -kicks the bully's ass-

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Marm: yells hey mother fucker leave that kid alone or me and my girls jump you

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marm: yells hey mother fucker leave that kid alone or me and my girls jump you

I admit, my response is a little closer to the ETJs than the typical ENFP response. at the very least, I would socially bitch slap them

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I admit, my response is a little closer to the ETJs than the typical ENFP response. at the very least, I would socially bitch slap them

I tend to feel compelled to immediately do something. Usually I can startle people by my voice because I'm usually pretty quiet but have a diaphragm projection and intensity. I will call upon physical allies if necessary.

It's one of the reasons why I began to consider SP as type, because I'm one of two extremes - I'm either FP avoidant like "hi I'll just be quietly tip-toeing away and hiding because I have no desire to be in the middle of this" (get away/shield self/disengage/mind my own business) or if I have a strong Fi value about what is occurring I want to IMMEDIATELY DO SOMETHING.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to feel compelled to immediately do something. Usually I can startle people by my voice because I'm usually pretty quiet but have a diaphragm projection and intensity. I will call upon physical allies if necessary.

It's one of the reasons why I began to consider SP as type, because I'm one of two extremes - I'm either FP avoidant like "hi I'll just be quietly tip-toeing away and hiding because I have no desire to be in the middle of this" (get away/shield self/disengage/mind my own business) or if I have a strong Fi value about what is occurring I want to IMMEDIATELY DO SOMETHING.

I'm the same, though more because I've had classical voice training and have a naturally dramatic voice than being SP.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
scenario: a kid is being picked on by a bully.
INFP: why is their cruelty in the world?
ITJ: that bully deserves to be punished
ETJ: -kicks the bully's ass-

sp INFP - Do I know the kid? Do I know the bully? Do I have any personal reason for getting involved in this?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i'd say...what the fuck are you doing??!! get off him! and then depending on his comments to me i'd either be diplomatic and just resolve it or i'd string some words together to let him know how very small and pathetic he was.

and regarding the op...i think i spend more time indulging ideas than i do checking rather or not i should or would...tho sometimes with somethings it won't even go to idea stage because it's just that obviously wrong but with a lot of things it's not till i start going into the plan stage that i decide rather or not that's something that really feels right or is an authentic reflection of who i am or aspire to be...it's definitely different than an infp. my bf is an infp and we've had several funny conversations where that played out.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I'm a mom so um my enfp filter is slightly different.....

but um yah

hey you want me to tell your parents about how you beat that kid up?

then dammit why'd I do that, I shouldn't have done that.... ugh.... :(

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is it that the possibility of something excites you first, then the notion of what feelings/values that might entail?

If somebody said "Think of the fun we could have together!" do you think "Wow, what sort of things could we do?" or "Wow, I wonder what these things would make me feel like?" or something different again?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think that the Ne comes up with all the new things that I want to do and become involved with. Fi has all these predeterminations about general underlying themes that I am going for, (and those change often as well.) Ne is like, "I want to buy a house!" and Fi is like, "well, what about going back to school, and financial freedom and..." and then Ne is like, "Lets go travel around the world!" and then Fi is like, "okay, that sounds fine, we like to go with people, and..." and then Ne is like, "I want to go into research!" And Fi is like, "fine, do whatever you want." And then Ne is like. :sadbanana: "I thought we were a team." And then Fi says, "Oh alright fine, research seems like it fits with our personality as long as there are people invo-" and then Ne is like, "How about surfing?!" :laugh:

So sometimes it focuses on one thing that keeps coming up and follows through. That's where Te comes in. "Alright, shut up everyone, we're acting on this quickly before we have a chance to think about it or move on to the next topic."

I like most all people. Ne can see most perspectives and admires something in almost everyone I meet, except for some outliers that I just can't wrap my brain around.

I remember my mom saying to someone in highschool- "she gets these ideas in her head. And sometimes she tries to follow through with them."

In highschool that translated into some funny things like, "I want a snowflake room"- (mom, unaware that the Te agreed, walked in to a curtain made of paper snowflakes and paper snowflakes covering the walls and hanging from the ceilings.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as an example...i'm a photographer and was having a conversation with my boyfriend...he asked if i would ever do nudes...and i went off on how i saw these ones that look like landscapes...they're called bodyscapes and they're really interesting and that once someone on here posted these girlie parts that looked like flowers and it was so cool...and that i wouldn't want to do that but i thought it was a very interesting concept but...it might be cool to do this or that and he asked more questions and i expanded on the ideas and went on and on and then he was like would you really do that? because...wouldn't it be uncomfortable or weird in any way for you to be in the room with naked strangers....and then i was like...oh...hmm...yeah...maybe it would...it is like i can spend more time in idea theoretical land than he can...i mean...he resides primarily in fantasy world but not in ways that conflict with his fi.