User Tag List

123 Last

Default Fi Users - Describe Your Fi Analysis

I'm curious.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I'm curious.
    Hm... Fi analysis has two major purposes with me. Creating both moral implementations and moral ideas (i.e. actions and thoughts that do not hurt the individual). These two responsibilities make up my conscience. If either aspect is not fulfilled guild ensues.

ftr - I am 95% sure I truly am an enfp.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ heeey...i didn't know you decided on enfp. you do...in a way...remind me of an old friend that i could never really decide if he was entp or enfp....interesting. he was like an entp with mega fi.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...and about the process...i have no idea. it's so instinctual. it's like the porridge being exactly right haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Hm... Fi analysis has two major purposes with me. Creating both moral implementations and moral ideas (i.e. actions and thoughts that do not hurt the individual). These two responsibilities make up my conscience. If either aspect is not fulfilled guild ensues.

ftr - I am 95% sure I truly am an enfp.
    Could you maybe describe the process, rather than what you use it for? How do you go about deciding what is moral? How do you come to your conclusions?

Feels right or wrong at a gut level kind of.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

ReflecTcelfeR

Sure... Ne comes up with an idea (true story commencing) let's say in order to cure cancer you were to use unborn children cells to create antibodies for specific cancer cells and implant them in live children so they grow up with an abundance and as such when/if cancer of a certain kind grows then the already created antibodies will detect and destroy before a tumor is grown. Now we have what some consider moral implications. stem cell research. Now my conscious comes into play and says hey... Doing this children would be of great pain to some people is it truly worth it? Usually it comes down to "no" in which I go back to the drawing board... However, if it passes the test (greater good and all that junk) then it goes into how to go about this touchy subject with as much respect for life (in general usually just so happens this about humanity) as possible. If humane implementation cannot occur we go back to the drawing board again. This process is actually quite quick because it is extremely visceral like @Lady X has mentioned.... This was spur of the moment thinking so take it for that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah to come up with an answer for you we would have to ti it to death after the fact haha the fi judgment just is...because the principles already are...so when you look at a square you know it's a square you don't spend time processing why or how you know it's a square. you just do...because you've already established what a square looks like.
    -Jim Morrison

When I analyze a moral dilemma, I often have a feeling about whether it is right or wrong. However, it's not enough for me to simply feel a certain way. I want to know why I feel that way, so I detach to analyze objectively and determine what it is about the situation and its implications that would make me feel that way. If I cannot find logical reasoning behind the feeling, then I decide it's a gray area where there may not be a right or wrong solution. In that case I'll likely wait and withhold judgement until I can come to a decision that I can logically justify.

How would a Fi user's methods compare to this?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think several of us just said haha but occasionally when dealing with something i'm unclear about i'll spend time thinking about why something bothers me....sometimes certain feelings will take you by surprise and you do need to reflect more on it.
    -Jim Morrison