INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    I think this has been quoted or posted somewhere before
    http://personalityjunkie.com/2009/12...obs-interests/

Artistic and Social is where a large number of INFPs would fall I guess, but I'm clearly in the Investigative and on the outside probably would be INTP-ish. That said, I do have a need for a creative outlet despite my horrible art/drawing skills. When I was in school my humans always end up looking like robots

When I think of artsy though, the thing that comes to mind are people who go to art galleries or hang out at the Sundance movie festivals
    Yeah, if I go by that list, I fall into the realistic ("Computer science, software design, programming, systems analyst") and maybe a bit in the investigative (social sciences, philosophies) areas more. Before I really got into MBTI, I judged more my outward apperance rather than my inner life, and there I might appear in situations more INTP-like as well

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I appreciate art and aesthetics, but I'm definitely not an artist. I don't really like what I perceive to be meaningless art. Kind of a waste.

I do like writing and languages, but I'm much better at the mechanics of language and literature analysis rather than creative writing. I'm definitely in the other-worldly category. I'm doing my grad work in biblical studies.

Most of my career was actually in IT, copy-editing, and report writing. Not exactly creative, but I found pleasure in interpretative nuances. I was never a programmer, but I've played with sql quite a bit I can see how programming might fit into an INFP's natural semantic/syntax skills. I am convinced that INFPs deeply encode experiences in the brain, maybe more so than most - we semantically index things a little different in our minds than others - we form relationships between meanings and senses and so forth. I think a good understanding of how we INFPs think narratively would lend itself as a great intellectual skill to programmers. Perhaps even mathematicians - we see patterns and meanings where others don't; the only thing that changes really are the languages/characters.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

like a lot of other people have said, i very much love and appreciate art in all forms, but i don't really have any talent for it at all. and that's including creative writing as well, it's always been easy for me to write good essays for school, and i like writing diary type entries to get things off my chest, but i don't write stories or poems and never really have the desire to. i'm good at expanding on ideas or improving things, but not coming up with good, creative ideas out of thin air as much. this is especially out of type, because i'm a 4 too, and every description is artist this, artist that and i can't really relate.

MBTI
    INxP

I like what someone else said about people expressing themselves through expounding or developing a certain theory. Whilst I am creative in an arty way, I sometimes have 'flashes of insight' which are causing me to develop a set of ideas about art/culture and I find they are expressive on a very personal level when broken down structurally (and in a primitive Si kind of way as well).

There seems to be two sides to INFP. The grander, more sensual type of I have to express myself!, and the one who enjoys linguistics or coding, who enjoys the micro-expression that comes with translating or logical writing.

If an INFP doesn't make art then they would still appreciate art, because though I am artistic I do it in the spirit of exploring the wider meaning of itself - the opposite of an ISFP artist, who is more likely to just say 'I'm creative and I like expressing myself' and leave it at that. Knowing of and appreciating diverse artforms is probably characteristic of us, because we do like to build up experiences and recognise that each one has its own value, and that they are all continuous with eachother.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

micro-expression - I like this definition. It is creative and artistic, but not in a way that's easy to explain. For instance, I am a native English speaker, but know biblical Hebrew, some Arabic, and right now taking Greek. In Hebrew, there is a very visual pattern one manipulates much like a rubik's cube when attempting to form words. However, on another level, knowing Hebrew opens up the meaning of scripture on a whole different level since many Hebrew words are much less specific than English or even Greek words. Sometimes I will be reading a word and will realize it has 6 or so different meanings, some of which are a whole lot more "zen" and mystical than one reads in the English translation. I get the pleasure of picking my own translated adventure! In these moments I feel pure awe at the poetry of it - but that's not something that I think is as visually apparent as, say, a painting. I think the feeling of taking part in creation is the same though, even if the medium is different. Ok, enough other-worldly rambling.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like art. I have large folio books and several books on artists.

I like to make art. But I can't make a living at it. My art is expressionistic, surreal or abstract. Most people wouldn't buy it. I've only sold realistic drawings of people.

My career is biology and fish farming. Right now I work with koi. In koi, you sort fish according to their color and quality of pattern. There is a great amount of artistry in it, and we keep detailed records of breeding, photographing all the babies and maintaining databases on breeding pairs. According to the quality, we decide whether to sell a fish now or keep it.

It's like looking for treasure.

On top of this layer, I know dozens of customers, maybe hundreds. I remember what we sold to whom, and especially whether they liked it or didn't like it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    It's like looking for treasure.
    This is a great way of describing it. In all of my jobs I always find a way - even if it's obscure - to seek beauty, or seek a "treasure". Maybe INFPs (are you one) are metaphysical treasure hunters? Your job sounds lovely.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    On top of this layer, I know dozens of customers, maybe hundreds. I remember what we sold to whom, and especially whether they liked it or didn't like it.
    I find that impressive BAJ, I wish that I could have more personable encounters with the customers I work with. Unfortunately I work for an airline, and deal with literally hundreds of people daily. I agree that art can be seen and expressed in all facets of life. And I think this is why INFP's are considered artsy - because if there was ever a type that could take the most common, mundane, ordinary object and find a way to perceive great value or meaning behind it, it would be the INFP. In that sense, INFP's are "artsy".

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPf-BOnuZ0"].[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, I too smirk at the dramatic undertone to this scene, but what better example! regardless of the cliche-emo side.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I find that impressive BAJ, I wish that I could have more personable encounters with the customers I work with. .
    Sometimes I meet one and tour the farm. However, I have difficulty with faces sometimes. Mostly it's feedback from the main office in the form of notes attached to invoices. I mostly work alone, quietly by myself. Occasionally I have to do direct sales, but I don't like it as much.

For example, an important client came to visit, but I didn't recognize them, but once I did, I remembered what they bought. Oh yeah! You bought brown and blue fish three years ago. I remember the fish clearly, but not the person.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I know an INFP who doesn't 'make' art. but she sorta 'is' art. Know what I mean?