User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Mm, yes. Your answers all kind of align with the conclusions I'd come to about my Fi friends.

They always struck me as differently proactive and decisive about what they wanted to do —*especially if it was just something for fun. My friend used to do a lot of hands-on things like paint her table purple. I don't even think it mattered whether or not she thought it was a good idea. It was almost as though the doing was more important than the product…presumably because the doing entertained her?

In contrast, my T friends often can't be bothered to do much unless they can see the point first. Always feels like they have to be a bit more invested before they can make a start.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    For me, Ne changes it's mind about what it wants to do all the time.
    That's really interesting. What do you do about those changes of whim? Do you have to reason them out? Does Ne have its own reasons? Interested in Ne at the moment, too, actually. Quite like to develop that a little more, too — I seem to distrust it completely!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    That's really interesting. What do you do about those changes of whim? Do you have to reason them out? Does Ne have its own reasons? Interested in Ne at the moment, too, actually. Quite like to develop that a little more, too — I seem to distrust it completely!
    I don't trust it at all. It's changeable. Normally my commitments keep me grounded, but thoughts change all the time. It's helpful in the sense that a lot of times I can change where change is due, though. Sometimes a change gets pushed to the surface and I think about it for days, (more than a few minutes or a day.) And that's when I know to think about it more and maybe act. I don't know how you develop Ne, I try to do the opposite.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    As a Fi dom Ne aux, Ne is like someone tapping on my shoulder saying "Hey - have you seen this? How does that make you feel? What does this scenario do for you?"

I then daydream on that scenario for a while, extracting all of the emotional juice from the possibility and dwelling within it until I feel I have gathered all of the "potential" emotion-data I can. After that I sort of weigh up whether I want to take any action and, if not, start dreaming about something else.

Ne is great when I use it properly, because it immediately changes the world from within. With a positive Fi catalyst, Ne twists the kaleidoscope to a new and fascinating arrangement which I get to experience anew. This does not have to be externalised in any way, and I am free to indulge myself in feeling.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    As a Fi dom Ne aux, Ne is like someone tapping on my shoulder saying "Hey - have you seen this? How does that make you feel? What does this scenario do for you?"

I then daydream on that scenario for a while, extracting all of the emotional juice from the possibility and dwelling within it until I feel I have gathered all of the "potential" emotion-data I can. After that I sort of weigh up whether I want to take any action and, if not, start dreaming about something else.

Ne is great when I use it properly, because it immediately changes the world from within. With a positive Fi catalyst, Ne twists the kaleidoscope to a new and fascinating arrangement which I get to experience anew. This does not have to be externalised in any way, and I am free to indulge myself in feeling.
    I never thought of it like that but I understand what you're saying. Thanks for that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENFP

It always helps me to have other people working around me. It depends on my environment as well... If I'm around a bunch of people that aren't working that I have a great time with, it usually trumps my work If I don't have anything better to do, it's much easier for me to work. It also helps when I keep a larger goal in mind when I have to do things I don't naturally enjoy... I knew I needed to get a 3.0+ GPA or better or a lot of opportunities would be shut off to me. I made myself think about the things that would happen if I didn't do it...no internships, no grad school, no job :panic: That worked wonders.