User Tag List

First 12

I get strong convictions at the right moment (or so I hope), but I'd say I'm a pretty confused person, philosophically. On some higher/intellectual level, I think I may come off questionable to "moral" people, if not wishy-washy to some. From my point of view, I see a lot of grey... even with subjects that piss me off.

Uh, I'm not sure what my point is.. Other than that I've typed as a Fi type before, and still hold these kind of positions. Maybe I've been wrong about it.

I get strong convictions at the right moment (or so I hope), but I'd say I'm a pretty confused person, philosophically. On some higher/intellectual level, I think I may come off questionable to "moral" people, if not wishy-washy to some. From my point of view, I see a lot of grey... even with subjects that piss me off.

Uh, I'm not sure what my point is.. Other than that I've typed as a Fi type before, and still hold these kind of positions. Maybe I've been wrong about it.

I get strong convictions at the right moment (or so I hope), but I'd say I'm a pretty confused person, philosophically. On some higher/intellectual level, I think I may come off questionable to "moral" people, if not wishy-washy to some. From my point of view, I see a lot of grey... even with subjects that piss me off. I'll dwell a lot on solutions rather than come up with things at the flick of a switch.

I get strong convictions at the right moment (or so I hope), but I'd say I'm a pretty confused person, philosophically. On some higher/intellectual level, I think I may come off questionable to "moral" people, if not wishy-washy to some. From my point of view, I see a lot of grey... even with subjects that piss me off. I'll dwell a lot on solutions rather than come up with things at the flick of a switch. I don't have the time to raise issues about everything.

Uh, I'm not sure what my point is.. Other than that I've typed as a Fi type before, and still hold these kind of positions. Maybe I've been wrong about being a judging type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

To answer these as well...

Also do you find that you have a great deal of tolerance towards others who do not meet your values , but perhaps not a respect of the choices they make?

I don't believe in forcing stuff on others. However, I'm comfortable with influencing by example, opening conversation on certain ideas, and imparting my views when its appropriate & generally welcome. I think it's important to respect that other people have their feelings & beliefs because that's the treatment I want, but that doesn't mean I respect the belief itself. I also don't feel it's within my power nor my responsibility to right all the wrongs in the world. I do the best I can and those people are responsible for themselves.

Additionally do you actually ever met your own value standards?
    Things I value often amount to my ideal self, which means they are more like theoretical goals to work towards. I meet them by constantly moving forward, which is why stagnation or feeling powerless frustrates me more than anything.

2 are you okay with others not fOlliwing some of your smaller values?

I answered this in a hurry last time & misread the question, leaving out the word "others", thinking it was simply "are you okay with not following...". But basically, just as I realize I am a flawed human & can accept that, I realize the same of others, and probably give them even more leeway because I don't know their needs/struggles as well as my own. Many of my values are based on my personal ideal/needs, which wouldn't even apply to them. I think I get frustrated with others when they sabotage themselves, and I see their potential. They aren't living up to their own stated/implied values. Or I get frustrated when they block me from meeting my values, or devalue what's important to me, etc. The smaller it is, the less it frustrates me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    3 what causes you to externalize a value offense to another? Not as in venting to a friend but rather confronting the other person when they have crossed a value? What does this externalization look like?

I don't know. I think it often it has less to do with nobly fighting for a righteous cause. Mostly I hold it back because, a) there is often little to be gained in confronting people; b) I feel inept at broaching the subject and explaining myself; c) I'm timid about confronting others; d) I think self-control is a better approach (ie. I control my behaviour better than I can others').

But again this is more about my behaviour being in accordance to what is right, than other people's.

Another more indirect externalisation is that I would avoid and distrust people who exhibit behaviour I strongly disapprove of, often without verbalising or even openly demonstrating that sentiment.
    The bolded I especially relate to as well. There's definitely a weighing of the pros & cons, and confrontation often has more cons. If I can't imagine any good outcome from a confrontation, or there is much higher risk for a poor outcome, then I don't bother with it. One of the cons is ALWAYS how much energy it will take out of me. I too usually won't take it upon myself to confront anyone unless I feel it would violate a much larger moral that goes far beyond my personal feelings, and even then, I would have to feel my effort has some chance to cause positive change. And yes, I avoid people/things/situations which seem beyond my power to influence, not worth the energy, or the problem itself is solved by simply removing them.

That said, I actually don't find it hard to stand up for myself or others or things I believe in when necessary. I've never felt like a doormat, taken advantage of, etc. But I also don't have a lot of drama in my life. I tend to only get emotionally close to a select few, which leaves me pretty untouched by a lot.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe