User Tag List

First 12

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hmm.. wow. Sounds interesting. I usually need to refocus on the present moment frequently for points of reference. (Points of reference like, where am I? What am I doing today? What is going on in my immediate present and future? Where's my cell phone? and such. ) And that's what leads me off into daydream. How do you get lost in thought without these points? I guess most of it comes from inside somehow.
    I think both INFJ and ENFP can get lost in their mind quite easily but there's a significant difference in losing themselves via mind-trip.

INFJ tends to get lost within themselves about their ideology and it can jump from a self-reflecting moments of a given past action to dwelling upon the ambigious, thought-provoking issues such as the meaning of life, without actually "planning" on taking these trips.

Whereas ENFP tends to focus more daily errands and duties, or a mental checklist when they wonder their minds around out of the blue. Though they do think deep about all of their inner-values and ideologies as well and the difference is that they planned and wanted to do this whenever they recharge for introspection.

My theory is that it has to do with our inferior functions. INFJ has an inferior Se so they tend to detach from the reality from these unplanned mind trips no matter how hard they tried to microfocus on planning their daily schedule and activities; whereas ENFP's inferior Si has affected them to ignore their biological needs by unintentionally skipping means or being overtly preoccupied with social activities that they have lost their sense of time.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I think both INFJ and ENFP can get lost in their mind quite easily but there's a significant difference in losing themselves via mind-trip.

INFJ tends to get lost within themselves about their ideology and it can jump from a self-reflecting moments of a given past action to dwelling upon the ambigious, thought-provoking issues such as the meaning of life, without actually "planning" on taking these trips.

Whereas ENFP tends to focus more daily errands and duties, or a mental checklist when they wonder their minds around out of the blue. Though they do think deep about all of their inner-values and ideologies as well and the difference is that they planned and wanted to do this whenever they recharge for introspection.

My theory is that it has to do with our inferior functions. INFJ has an inferior Se so they tend to detach from the reality from these unplanned mind trips no matter how hard they tried to microfocus on planning their daily schedule and activities; whereas ENFP's inferior Si has affected them to ignore their biological needs by unintentionally skipping means or being overtly preoccupied with social activities that they have lost their sense of time.

This all makes sense. It fascinates me that someone can depresent-ify themselves all together. Sounds like it would make life kind of hard.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

This all makes sense. It fascinates me that someone can depresent-ify themselves all together. Sounds like it would make life kind of hard.
    Yes, perhaps that's why most description about INFJ as complex individuals has to do with the endless Ni-Ti loops. The problem is whenever people complain to me that I tend to "think things too much," it's not something I can control with as it's just part of how we functions every now and then.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Yes, perhaps that's why most description about INFJ as complex individuals has to do with the endless Ni-Ti loops. The problem is whenever people complain to me that I tend to "think things too much," it's not something I can control with as it's just part of how we functions every now and then.
    Well, yeah. That makes sense, too. It's like, you can't help it, but- at the same time, it just seems like it would be insanely hard to do much in life when you are like that. Referencing something else deep inside the brain all the time.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool

I have spaced out moments all the time and have for as long as I can remember. Over the years I've developed little tricks and games I play with myself to keep me on track during the course of the day and year. For example, my smart phone calendar has become very important to me because I pack it with all sorts of alarms and reminders to keep me on track during the course of a day, week, month, and year. With some effort I've gotten much better than I used to be. I have rehashed complex arguments in my mind while walking on the sidewalk or riding the subway and I've had to learn to remind myself to snap out of it and save those thoughts for a more appropriate time. I have found that this zoning out problem is actually useful when doing practical work that involves thinking through a variety of options or anticipating objections to new ideas or proposals. I have also found that it helps to exercise it with a real life interlocutor from time to time, and again practical work sometimes provides the opportunity for this.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

These personality forums are causing me to lose track of time.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

So those movies where you can always hear the thoughts inside other's heads was probably created by an INFJ?