123 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Have any of you NF males mistaken yourselves for gay?

I was going to name this thread "you're not gay; you're an NF male!" but that sounded a little extreme and I didn't want to deal with 50 "this thread is offensive!" posts.

...anyway
    have any of you NF males out there mistaken yourselves for gay and/or questioned your sexuality more than most men?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

... How does one mistake themselves as gay? Is it like, "I sure wish he'd put his penis up my butt! Ohh, wait. No, I was just mistaken."?
    Anyway... my SF said that people just assumed he was gay growing up, females immediately stuck him in the friend zone, etc. But, I'm pretty sure he's never questioned his sexuality. Maybe it's just a common F male thing. A certain look and behaviors. It's been my observation that a lot of NF guys particularly have a "softness" about them. And as people tend to think of most gay men as effeminate...
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Of the guys I know, one INFP was told repeatedly throughout his life that he was gay. He says he is not, but he lived with his future wife for two years and never even tried to kiss her, so I don't know about that one.

An ENFJ I know was not gay at all, but has been hit on by guys since high school. He is also over friendly and a few guys have thought maybe he was interested in them.

Another ENFJ I know is not gay, but he has a lot of effeminite moves, a high squeaky voice, and is very relational with people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I should also say that those guys all say they have never questioned their sexuality, although I can't get in their brains. I think it's fairly easy not to question your sexuality when it lines up with what is societally accepted.

MBTI
    INFJ

Ive questioned myself once when I met a man my age by the name of Courtney. Had this thing for hugging on and snuggling anything that laid down, didnt move, and was a human being. Mind you he spent a great deal more time trying this, successfully, on me, and it didnt bother me in the least. I came to terms later with the fact that Im not sexually attracted to men, and that I was just honestly surprised by his show of affection and lack of shame for social constructs. I think that more than any other factor caused me to question myself.

Other than that? No. I should also state that INFJ men are the most likely candidates out of all types to be categorized as homosexual. Im the running punch line of a lot of gay jokes my male friends throw around. Not a bad thing, as they care for me as much as I care for them.

MBTI
    INFJ

No never, I love women. Oh wait you mean to say being gay as in stereotypically having feelings and being in touch with my feminine side and all that?
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

lol kinda, yes. I like sensitive things like good chick flicks, musicals and I'm not afraid to show my emotions. Sometimes people misread that as being gay, and even though I know I'm not, sometimes my Ne goes 'hmmmmmm... I wonder'. I do find some guys attractive, but that just means that I can appreciate how they may do well in a dating setting or whatever, doesn't mean I want to bang them. So yeah, it's not really possible to not know your own sexuality, but I've wondered before.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP

Short answer: no. Long answer: not really. I seem to recall a similar thread specific to infp males in which I put a bit more thought into an answer. If I find it I'll copy and paste.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When I was 15 I seriously questioned my sexuality when I found myself highly identifying with a gay TV character. But, it didn't take too long for me to figure out that it was obvious that I like girls. I don't know how that compares to most men. The times are different, the association has a lot less taboo on it. I've noticed the younger crowd are a lot more open to exploration in that area.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    have any of you NF males out there mistaken yourselves for gay and/or questioned your sexuality more than most men?
    Of course not, the attractive women are too attractive for that!
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥