• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Have any of you NF males mistaken yourselves for gay?

A lot of people seem to jump to the conclusion that I'm gay/bisexual without any prompting on my part. It's weird because there's nothing about my appearance that would suggest this, so far as I can tell. I had a curious/questioning period because I have a habit of forming intense same-sex friendships very quickly but I'm pretty sure I'm straight.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I really wouldn't think that type and sexuality are connected but . . .maybe I'm wrong?

No one's saying that at all. This thread isn't about what types tend to be gay, it's about whether or not having a certain type gives people the impression of being gay and which types are more prone to wonder about that kind of stuff.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
No one's saying that at all. This thread isn't about what types tend to be gay, it's about whether or not having a certain type gives people the impression of being gay and which types are more prone to wonder about that kind of stuff.
o i see. carry on then. :p

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I will say that I find some avatars in this thread attractive.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I was never confused about my sexuality. I am not and was never sexually interested into men, so it is an easy conclusion for me that I am not gay or bisexual.

Of course, in some ways I might be a bit more effeminate than some other guys, but I am not really afraid of those personality traits. And of course I got to hear a few silly jokes about me being gay because I never had a girlfriend, but I had just as well no boyfriend and I don't think people meant that jokes seriously. They just know I am a bit weird in general maybe :)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
My afore-mentioned post:

I've never been remotely interested in having sex with dudes, but I've had some VERY close friendships with guys (bromances if you must) that made me wonder "is this normal?" I've come to the conclusion that it is normal -- for an infp male. I remember when one of my best friends got married I used to visit him and his wife (who'd been a good friend too) from time to time, when I remembered, and at one point she complained jokingly but not really that whenever I was there it was sort of like she was the visitor.

Source

LEGERdeMAIN

Sometimes I think I'm an NF and gay, but I never think one without the other.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Actually at times people on the phone or the speaker at the drive through get confused about whether I'm female or male.

If you looked strictly at my physical romantic life, I've been strictly asexual, so there is is no data.

If you looked at my "dates', you'd be even more confused. I've hung out with gay men, gay women, straight men, straight women, various bisexuals, animals and furries. The appearance of such were divergent.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting topic btw!

One common thing I noticed among my ENFP male friends is that they tend to feel comfortable to offer compliments to other male friends, or celebrities/musicians who they consider as handsome.

Another pattern I noticed is that they are extremely fuzzy about their style of clothings and the "hair," and they certainly (perhaps unconsciously) have a habit to gaze--almost like a laser beam--to those who they consider as attractive, for both gender.

Oh, and also they all openly expressed during social gathering that certain films, books or music that has made them cry because it touched them deeply. I felt the majority of men usually would rather not to express this as it works against on building a stronger masculinity in general.

Interesting topic btw!

One common thing I noticed among my ENFP male friends is that they tend to feel comfortable to offer compliments to other male friends, or celebrities/musicians who they consider as handsome.

Another pattern I noticed is that they are extremely fuzzy about their style of clothings and the "hair," and they certainly (perhaps unconsciously) have a habit to gaze--almost like a laser beam--to those who they consider as attractive, for both gender.

Oh, and also they all openly expressed during social gathering that certain films, books or music that has made them cry because it touched them deeply. I felt the majority of men usually would rather not to express this as it works against on building a stronger masculinity in general.

Second trait could be sx-dom instead. I'm sure we all know ENFPs who close in on their chosen prey with singleminded purpose and all their teeth showing but I don't think it's universally true for the breed. I've met some who favour a less intense approach.

The last trait definitely holds good: I've never met an ENFP who wasn't unabashedly soft about at least some things.

LEGERdeMAIN

6752b63b40b7c952e8be4f2b7274967f.jpg
j

mmmmm

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a ENTP or mabye ENFP, or even a INTP unsure. Through i've been mistaking for being homosexual. 2 reasons

1. Crazy appearance, long hair for a male

2. No real interest in the females around me <- pppicky according to some people

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whether F or T, a man's still a man and a woman's still a woman; no matter the type, the differences will still be very apparent in most cases.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see how some male ENFs might be mistaken as gay, but I've known plenty of INFs, and there was nothing about them that would have led me to think they were anything but straight. Totally masculine, just perhaps a bit more "hot blooded" and passionate than a T man.

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Funny you should mention this... last Friday, I was at a party where this gay guy kept hitting on me, non-stop. It started to piss me off, since I'm definitely not gay (I'm pretty sure my friend kept telling him I was, just to mess with me), but he said he could tell, somehow, that I was. Needless to say, I was both annoyed and surprised at the same time; anyways, seeing this thread made me wonder if it's ENPness that could make me seem to come across like that (I don't usually; at least, as far as I know, I don't).

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
Have any of you NF males out there mistaken yourselves for gay and/or questioned your sexuality more than most men?

Hmmm, this is an interesting question. I'll start by saying... mentally...I find myself very androgynous, and while I am male...I am less concerned with doing things that are typically masculine or otherwise deemed by society as 'gay' (not to be derogatory). So throughout my childhood I perpetually questioned where I belonged...hanging out with girls or boys. Though adolescence, your original question became the larger issue at hand...while I did consider myself straight...I found myself several levels less straight than my peers.

Today, I consider myself bisexual, as I feel that it represents how I feel currently and who I have been in the past...yet could never put into words. I think this will always something I ponder about, as being in the grey area isn't always fun and games...everything is always in limbo. >.> So...yes, I question my sexuality nearly everyday...as many other bisexuals will tell you, attraction levels toward each gender varies day to day...turning an already complicated mess into pure chaos.

But hey, I'm not sure I'd have it any other way...I get to say I love people, and that's pretty cool.

rav3n

I have some NF male friends. They're definitively not gay and aren't mistaken as such. But one day, an NT male friend genuinely complimented an NF male friend about his shirt. It wasn't what he said but how he said it and that he was being serious. Hilarity ensued!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I was going to name this thread "you're not gay; you're an NF male!" but that sounded a little extreme and I didn't want to deal with 50 "this thread is offensive!" posts.

...anyway :laugh:
have any of you NF males out there mistaken yourselves for gay and/or questioned your sexuality more than most men?

:shock:

:yim_rolling_on_the_

:popc1:

I cannot wait for the answers.

Cannot *WAIT*