User Tag List

First 12345 Last

A lot of people seem to jump to the conclusion that I'm gay/bisexual without any prompting on my part. It's weird because there's nothing about my appearance that would suggest this, so far as I can tell. I had a curious/questioning period because I have a habit of forming intense same-sex friendships very quickly but I'm pretty sure I'm straight.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    I really wouldn't think that type and sexuality are connected but . . .maybe I'm wrong?
    No one's saying that at all. This thread isn't about what types tend to be gay, it's about whether or not having a certain type gives people the impression of being gay and which types are more prone to wonder about that kind of stuff.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    No one's saying that at all. This thread isn't about what types tend to be gay, it's about whether or not having a certain type gives people the impression of being gay and which types are more prone to wonder about that kind of stuff.
    o i see. carry on then. :P

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I will say that I find some avatars in this thread attractive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I was never confused about my sexuality. I am not and was never sexually interested into men, so it is an easy conclusion for me that I am not gay or bisexual.

Of course, in some ways I might be a bit more effeminate than some other guys, but I am not really afraid of those personality traits. And of course I got to hear a few silly jokes about me being gay because I never had a girlfriend, but I had just as well no boyfriend and I don't think people meant that jokes seriously. They just know I am a bit weird in general maybe

MBTI
    INFP

My afore-mentioned post:

I've never been remotely interested in having sex with dudes, but I've had some VERY close friendships with guys (bromances if you must) that made me wonder "is this normal?" I've come to the conclusion that it is normal -- for an infp male. I remember when one of my best friends got married I used to visit him and his wife (who'd been a good friend too) from time to time, when I remembered, and at one point she complained jokingly but not really that whenever I was there it was sort of like she was the visitor.
    Source

Sometimes I think I'm an NF and gay, but I never think one without the other.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually at times people on the phone or the speaker at the drive through get confused about whether I'm female or male.

If you looked strictly at my physical romantic life, I've been strictly asexual, so there is is no data.

If you looked at my "dates', you'd be even more confused. I've hung out with gay men, gay women, straight men, straight women, various bisexuals, animals and furries. The appearance of such were divergent.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Interesting topic btw!

One common thing I noticed among my ENFP male friends is that they tend to feel comfortable to offer compliments to other male friends, or celebrities/musicians who they consider as handsome.

Another pattern I noticed is that they are extremely fuzzy about their style of clothings and the "hair," and they certainly (perhaps unconsciously) have a habit to gaze--almost like a laser beam--to those who they consider as attractive, for both gender.

Oh, and also they all openly expressed during social gathering that certain films, books or music that has made them cry because it touched them deeply. I felt the majority of men usually would rather not to express this as it works against on building a stronger masculinity in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Interesting topic btw!

One common thing I noticed among my ENFP male friends is that they tend to feel comfortable to offer compliments to other male friends, or celebrities/musicians who they consider as handsome.

Another pattern I noticed is that they are extremely fuzzy about their style of clothings and the "hair," and they certainly (perhaps unconsciously) have a habit to gaze--almost like a laser beam--to those who they consider as attractive, for both gender.

Oh, and also they all openly expressed during social gathering that certain films, books or music that has made them cry because it touched them deeply. I felt the majority of men usually would rather not to express this as it works against on building a stronger masculinity in general.
    Second trait could be sx-dom instead. I'm sure we all know ENFPs who close in on their chosen prey with singleminded purpose and all their teeth showing but I don't think it's universally true for the breed. I've met some who favour a less intense approach.

The last trait definitely holds good: I've never met an ENFP who wasn't unabashedly soft about at least some things.