User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 57

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why? if they are an idiot, why is being honest with them bad?
    Because first of all, "idiocy" may only be your opinion...they might not, in truth, be a borderline retarded person...but just have a different sort of intelligence than you, or the kind of intelligence you value.

    Because they may have other wonderful qualities, like high emotional intelligence, in the sense of being very patient, kind, accepting, loyal and giving and calling them an idiot would just be hurtful, mean...and frankly kind of stupid of you to not be able to recognize high emotional intelligence.

    Because you might not be as smart as you think you are.

    Now, I can see if someone is just an idiot and an asshole, then sure, fine, say "jesus you're an idiot" because they're such an asshole about it.

  2. #12
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Perhaps the guy you are interested in prefers to date another Thinker. Some do.

    I'm sorry that he made you feel bad about yourself though.

    I think you should forget about him and find someone who appreciates your gifts and strengths.

  3. #13
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because first of all, "idiocy" may only be your opinion...they might not, in truth, be a borderline retarded person...but just have a different sort of intelligence than you, or the kind of intelligence you value.
    Because they may have other wonderful qualities, like high emotional intelligence, in the sense of being very patient, kind, accepting, loyal and giving and calling them an idiot would just be hurtful, mean...and frankly kind of stupid of you to not be able to recognize high emotional intelligence.
    Because you might not be as smart as you think you are.
    Now, I can see if someone is just an idiot and an asshole, then sure, fine, say "jesus you're an idiot" because they're such an asshole about it.
    I'm not talking about an idiot so much as a shallow, ignorant person who would not be willing to hear my views and would be offended by my unconventional behavior. such a person is absolutely worthless to me and can provide no real benefit to me unless I hire them as a maid a hooker (either gender). I have no use or need for someone who can't make intelligent conversation or think outside of the brainwashed, politically correct box that most people are trapped in.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #14
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    OP - You've got it all backwards. ENFP's are one of the more sought out types. We've got all kinds of good things going for us. Infact, out of 16 types.. there is maybe only 1 or 2 others that I would even consider changing to if I could. I think your in an E4 funk.

    Consider how silly this is.. 1 NT that you admire slights you and you chose to believe it? Do you even realize how ignorant & judgemental one would have to be to imply that another is not "intelligent"? See 'What is intelligence' threads. Maybe logic isn't our strongest point, but logic isn't everything my friend. Plenty of extremly intelligent, logical NT's sitting behind neon screens in dark rooms with no friends, no social abilities, no love, and no passion. FUCK THAT.

    You've got to put this into perspective. Your E4 is making you envious and coveting. Maybe you can't do anything about those feelings, but you can sure channel them into action. I suggest you either run with the positives (and we have a lot, I'm not blowen smoke here.. ENFP's have an almost endless list of amazing traits) or channel that self-hated into improvement.

    And realize when your around *toxic* people. I find that we are especially sensitive to people that reject our nature and shit on our ideas and ideals. There is just WAY too many people that recognize our good qualities to waste time on assholes. Just sayen.

    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  5. #15
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Maybe logic isn't our strongest point, but logic isn't everything my friend. Plenty of extremly intelligent, logical NT's sitting behind neon screens in dark rooms with no friends, no social abilities, no love, and no passion. FUCK THAT.
    EXACTLY! I may not be an ENFP, but I agree wholeheartedly.

    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  6. #16
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    OP - You've got it all backwards. ENFP's are one of the more sought out types. We've got all kinds of good things going for us. Infact, out of 16 types.. there is maybe only 1 or 2 others that I would even consider changing to if I could. I think your in an E4 funk.

    Consider how silly this is.. 1 NT that you admire slights you and you chose to believe it? Do you even realize how ignorant & judgemental one would have to be to imply that another is not "intelligent"? See 'What is intelligence' threads. Maybe logic isn't our strongest point, but logic isn't everything my friend. Plenty of extremly intelligent, logical NT's sitting behind neon screens in dark rooms with no friends, no social abilities, no love, and no passion. FUCK THAT.

    You've got to put this into perspective. Your E4 is making you envious and coveting. Maybe you can't do anything about those feelings, but you can sure channel them into action. I suggest you either run with the positives (and we have a lot, I'm not blowen smoke here.. ENFP's have an almost endless list of amazing traits) or channel that self-hated into improvement.

    And realize when your around *toxic* people. I find that we are especially sensitive to people that reject our nature and shit on our ideas and ideals. There is just WAY too many people that recognize our good qualities to waste time on assholes. Just sayen.

    this

    and ENFPs arent dumb, they are just smart in different way than NTs are, at least usually, sometimes they beat the NTs in their own game and are also smart in other ways.

    Some NT calling you stupid only knows how limited and self centered his view on intelligence is, in other words hes a retard
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #17
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finalcount View Post
    ENTPs- They actually f*cking use Ne in a great way. It's an amazing cognitive function when paired with Ti, or when paired with dominant Fi. ENTPs share a lot of the same characteristics as ENFPs, but they're amazing thinkers and great at having an outside of the box perspective, and are f*cking awesome debaters. THEY CAN ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL WITH THEIR Ne. I can't debate. I suck at it. I can never articulate my points well enough....plus, they're never as strong as ENTPs.
    Please don't be one of "those ENFPs". ENTPs have healthy enough egos as it is without you adding to inferno. Also, you'll have to get in line after the INFX's to get within flattery range and they might scratch your eyes out if you try to cut. Also, if you think you're a horrible debater, perhaps your Ne is way scattered and you aren't able to reign it in enough or filter it. I don't think that's an ENFP flaw...ENFPs more often than not love debating and talking around things and we're pretty proud of ourselves whether or not we're actually persuasive.

    ENFJs- Seriously? Everyone f*cking loves ENFJs. They're genuinely KIND people. They want the best for PEOPLE, not just interested in impacting individuals. How can you not like that? I'm not at all a kind person. People seem to mistake bieng silly and making jokes and getting along with everyone as being a kind person, but that's not true. With them, it's just effortless. How do they do it?
    Heeheehee, not on heeeeeeeeere~ Stick around kid, when you see all the flaming INFPs and haterade ENFJs get, you'll feel incrementally better about your own type.

    ENFPs are just stupid. I don't mean to insult all ENFPs, I mean, essentially all I've met were just generally awesome people. I'm just stupid. A waste of space.
    Are you sure you aren't INFP?

    But in more seriousness, how old are you? People's cognitive functions develop supposedly in a pattern so by your 20s you're developing such and such and 30s your tertiary or something like that.

    Also, intelligence (or lack thereof) isn't necessarily tied to type. There are long threads on this if you want to search. The correlations have more to do with "N" to "S" and people have said that being an Intuitive gives you an edge on those standardized tests that are kinda skewed anyways to Ne. Or something. I believe the one test results showing percentages of types in gifted programs had a lot of INFPs and ENFPs. There are a couple ENFP engineers, PhD holders and whatnot on the forum if you want to chat about how to step up your intellectual game. :P

    If you're really complaining about intelligence, there are 2 answers. Either it's a fixed thing and you just don't have enough for your liking. In which case, I guess you're screwed or will otherwise have to deal with it.

    Or it's a qualitative, ambiguous thing that describes your orientation to problem solving and the way you explain your thought process. There are more ways to be intelligent and even intellectual than following the scientific method.

    As for the case of the guy, and also knowing you are a four, I'm more worried that you put so much credence into other people's definitions and standards instead of developing your own. What are your own strengths? What exactly do you mean about 'not being smart enough'? What exactly do you want to be better at?

    It's totally fine to vent and rant. With Ne + Fi you probably need to do it a lot to get back to a 'normal level' of energy so you can think straight. Also, being a 4 probably exacerbates that. Have your moment.

    Just please don't turn into one of those "ZOMG! I'm so dumb but I'm cute" girls who worships robotic terrible boyfriends because "OMG they're sooooooo smart". Dating smart people will not make you smarter. And putting up with bad behavior and agreeing that you are dumb/irrational/ overly emotional/etc. will just dig you deeper into a hole of low self-esteem.

    Embrace what you are good at, take a deep breath, and go from there.

    Also - start an intro thread in the welcomes page
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  8. #18
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    BTW, I take exception to XNFPs agreeing that we're not logical.

    I am SUPER fucking logical!!!??!!!?

    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  9. #19
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Also - start an intro thread in the welcomes page
    He/she's been a member since August of 2010 (oh ENFPs LOL).

  10. #20
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    BTW, I take exception to XNFPs agreeing that we're not logical.

    I am SUPER fucking logical!!!??!!!?

    whats the logic behind the question marks?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP Strengths?: What Are The Best Things about Being an ENFP
    By Esoteric Wench in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 09:31 AM
  2. I Hate Being an INTJ Female!!
    By lovelornRationalist in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 10:49 PM
  3. [ENFP] I dislike being an ENFP.
    By HotpinkHeatwave in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:04 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO