• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs and personality

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is it just me, or just being an ENFP predispose one to have a drastically fluctuating personality. people say "just be yourself" but asking an ENFP to be themself is like asking a treasure chest to be a single gold coin.
depending on the mood, we can be
- businesslike
- goofy
- reclusive
- melancholy
- serious
- feminine
- virile and protective
- charismatic and stunning
- lonely
- cute and cuddly

I mean, as I've gotten older I can pretty much control these different sides of me, but as a child I was like "what the hell, why can't I be more consistant?" does anyone else relate to this

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
But that's what makes your type so fun. If you were consistent, you would be boring.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ya, I agree that ENFP's are the biggest chameleons of all the types. I see this with ENFP's on other forums, IRL, and in myself.

Edit: I know some people might feel like that is some form of being "fake" -- having different faces, etc. I disagree. I have found that certain people and situations bring different sides of me out. We can be extremely dynamic, complex people. It's not that any one of those aspects is a mask, its that we really do think/feel therefore behave, that way in that moment. I've said before that it is almost the very nature of EP. I also believe that it's harder on younger EP's, or those that don't take enough time away from people and the external to really evaluate what their Fi is saying. As ENFP's get older, they seem to become more consistant.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya, I agree that ENFP's are the biggest chameleons of all the types. I see this with ENFP's on other forums, IRL, and in myself.

Edit: I know some people might feel like that is some form of being "fake" -- having different faces, etc. I disagree. I have found that certain people and situations bring different sides of me out. We can be extremely dynamic, complex people. It's not that any one of those aspects is a mask, its that we really do think/feel therefore behave, that way in that moment. I've said before that it is almost the very nature of EP. I also believe that it's harder on younger EP's, or those that don't take enough time away from people and the external to really evaluate what their Fi is saying. As ENFP's get older, they seem to become more consistant.

exactly, this is why I thought I was E3 for awhile, but all these different sides of my are the same personality. ENFPs are the 6s of MBTI

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Doesn't everyone have different sides to them? Could it be, perhaps, that the ENFP is just less likely to repress some aspect(s) of themselves for the sake of [presentation/self-control/peace/dominance/whatever]?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doesn't everyone have different sides to them? Could it be, perhaps, that the ENFP is just less likely to repress some aspect(s) of themselves for the sake of [presentation/self-control/peace/dominance/whatever]?

yes, everyone does have different sides of them, but ENFPs have more :yes:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ I was going to mention what Viridian did. Maybe we just don't decide to identify with one attitude in particular. It would feel constraining and counter to what we want out of life.

S

Sniffles

As the old saying goes: Honor your personality flaws, for without them, you would have no personality at all!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As the old saying goes: Honor your personality flaws, for without them, you would have no personality at all!

I can't decide whether or not this is intended as a back handed compliment :rly???:

S

Sniffles

More like presenting an oppurtunity to laugh at yourself and thus self-acceptance. It's not like ENFPs are the only ones who have flaws or existential crisises.

G

Ginkgo

is it just me, or just being an ENFP predispose one to have a drastically fluctuating personality. people say "just be yourself" but asking an ENFP to be themself is like asking a treasure chest to be a single gold coin.
depending on the mood, we can be
- businesslike
- goofy
- reclusive
- melancholy
- serious
- feminine
- virile and protective
- charismatic and stunning
- lonely
- cute and cuddly

I mean, as I've gotten older I can pretty much control these different sides of me, but as a child I was like "what the hell, why can't I be more consistant?" does anyone else relate to this

When you were younger, they were out of your control?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you were younger, they were out of your control?

yes. my personality was too big for my self discipline at the time

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More like presenting an oppurtunity to laugh at yourself and thus self-acceptance. It's not like ENFPs are the only ones who have flaws or existential crisises.

that's sorta what I thought you meant :D

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
at the heart of it, i like my inconsistencies.
i think it's my most natural state.

i never know what's really gonna happen.
i can make guesses and do deductive reasoning,
but there's nothing i love more than being thrown
out of line, get my perspective shattered into smithereens
only to gain a bigger, wider, better, and sometimes more
in depth viewpoint. and that's what makes life very fun.