• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs and personality

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure that there's more sides to an ENFP, it's just more obvious that we're acting differently because of our extreme expressiveness.

that's more ENFP 4s.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean?

well, I'm E7 and not emotional at all. 4s are filled with flowing, intense expression that they feel compelled to express, ENFP 7s and 3s much less so. personally, I'm not emotional at all :D

Starry

Ever read Octavia Butler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Sower_(novel)

The main character's affliction is hyper Ne-Fi.

OMgosh CzeCze...thank you so much for this. No seriously...I need all the sources I can get my hands-on right now as this is clearly an issue I (finally) need to deal with (I don't really want to talk about how long I actually have been dealing with this!). The word 'affliction' is perfect.

I really appreciate this.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="XlEsBaAFPoo"]Grace Kelly[/YOUTUBE]

I love this song because it makes being changeable look glamorous and artistic.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha! i looove him!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and he totally reminds me of some enfp guy poster that used to be here...

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well, I'm E7 and not emotional at all. 4s are filled with flowing, intense expression that they feel compelled to express, ENFP 7s and 3s much less so. personally, I'm not emotional at all :D

my mom's a (self-identified) enfp 7w6, and is the most emotional, overly sensitive person i've ever met. way more (at least outwardly) emotional than me, even though i'm a 4. she's called me cold-hearted a lot in arguments. i think that i hold onto things and wallow more than her though, when she tends to have huge emotional outbursts and forget all about it within a day or two.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my mom's a (self-identified) enfp 7w6, and is the most emotional, overly sensitive person i've ever met. way more (at least outwardly) emotional than me, even though i'm a 4. she's called me cold-hearted a lot in arguments. i think that i hold onto things and wallow more than her though, when she tends to have huge emotional outbursts and forget all about it within a day or two.

I'm sorry, that must suck to deal with :yes:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry, that must suck to deal with :yes:

she's much more tolerable 3000 miles away, but i wasn't looking for pity or anything. just showing that 7's aren't necessarily unemotional. my best friend's an enfp 7w6 too, and she's not as emotional as my mom but definitely has her moments. but same deal, she gets over it pretty quick.

rexadelic

MBTI Type
ENFP
is it just me, or just being an ENFP predispose one to have a drastically fluctuating personality. people say "just be yourself" but asking an ENFP to be themself is like asking a treasure chest to be a single gold coin.
I agree so, so much. That's why I found it hard to take the Myers-Briggs test in the first place-I related to everything with at least a part of my personality. I think that's why ENFPs get along with so many people though; they always have a personality trait in common with someone else, or can at least see why that person is being that way because they have been that way before as well.